Marvel's Spider-Man

accies1874

Played it for a couple hours now, still getting into the swing of it, dying quite a lot in fighting scenes, annoying when its general crimes because ive done the wrong move or something, can tell its a game i wont complete quickly, fisk was a b*****d of a boss at first and his first construction site took a few tries also

The swinging and openness of the game is glorious, from the way the public react to you etc its really been well thought out, not sure about the skill tree though, hate thinking i might jave messed up going one direction instead of another but trial and error and all that 

27 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Played it for a couple hours now, still getting into the swing of it, dying quite a lot in fighting scenes, annoying when its general crimes because ive done the wrong move or something, can tell its a game i wont complete quickly, fisk was a b*****d of a boss at first and his first construction site took a few tries also

The swinging and openness of the game is glorious, from the way the public react to you etc its really been well thought out, not sure about the skill tree though, hate thinking i might jave messed up going one direction instead of another but trial and error and all that 

Image result for smiling gif

7 hours ago, well fan for life said:

I'm at 69% (nice) and I'm gutted it'll be almost over. Having so much fun just piling round the place. 

Think I'll attempt to make this my first platinum since Arkham City.

I've just finished the story and all I can say is wow. 

Definitely going to go for platinum. 

11 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

Tbf just mucking around you level up quickly enough that you can cover all bases without any real issue.

Anyone came across a glitch during any of the building site missions?  Doing my 2nd one I managed to kill all of Kingpins soldiers apart from one that my rader picked up was inside a building Problem is he would never come out.  Had to abandon the mission.

1 hour ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Anyone came across a glitch during any of the building site missions?  Doing my 2nd one I managed to kill all of Kingpins soldiers apart from one that my rader picked up was inside a building Problem is he would never come out.  Had to abandon the mission.

Could you not throw anything at him etc, sometimes ive kicked guus through doors etc

On another note, why are some landmarks greyed out when i know i havent photographed them yet

Also, chasing they fucking pigeons in the side mission, bloody b*****d in the park as there's not much to swing on lol

Could you not throw anything at him etc, sometimes ive kicked guus through doors etc
On another note, why are some landmarks greyed out when i know i havent photographed them yet
Also, chasing they fucking pigeons in the side mission, bloody b*****d in the park as there's not much to swing on lol
Tried everything mate, just couldn't get to him. He was deep inside the building and no access through the door to get inside. Was the only one showing up on my radar. Frustrating after the time I spent killing the rest.

19 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Tried everything mate, just couldn't get to him. He was deep inside the building and no access through the door to get inside. Was the only one showing up on my radar. Frustrating after the time I spent killing the rest.

Ouch sore one, what one was it, ive only done two of them, the construction site on the ground i lured them out into the street at first, thinned them out lol 

Ouch sore one, what one was it, ive only done two of them, the construction site on the ground i lured them out into the street at first, thinned them out lol 
That one was on the coast on top of a building. Think it was close by to the Manhattan bridge and there was a park next to it.

For the life of me i still can't stop a stolen car without being injured in the chase scene, i know its only a bonus objective but it seems when your swinging and flying through the air, twisting and turning, the guys in the car become SAS sniper shots or something

What did everyone improve first skill wise? Im trying to get the skill that you can throw brutes in a fight, their charge attack is a pain in the arse when your dealing with 3 or 4 shield/stick bearing bad guys 

1 hour ago, 54_and_counting said:

For the life of me i still can't stop a stolen car without being injured in the chase scene, i know its only a bonus objective but it seems when your swinging and flying through the air, twisting and turning, the guys in the car become SAS sniper shots or something

What did everyone improve first skill wise? Im trying to get the skill that you can throw brutes in a fight, their charge attack is a pain in the arse when your dealing with 3 or 4 shield/stick bearing bad guys 

The perfect dodge deals with the brutes pretty well, and disarming helps with shields and sticks. I can't remember how low down on the tree they are though. 

3 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

The perfect dodge deals with the brutes pretty well, and disarming helps with shields and sticks. I can't remember how low down on the tree they are though. 

The one where you knock enemies down while swinging an item is good for when you get surrounded, 

I still cant believe how fluid the fighting is, there's no stuttering or anything betweeb combos, its been done so well

I completed the story last night (still got around 10% of the game to do). 

The story was great right up until chaos ensues after Act 2 (although it's salvaged in the cut scenes after the final bit of gameplay). It then begins to lose focus and get a bit muddled, which is a shame as it's really, really good when about Peter/Spider-Man and Aunt May, MJ, Miles and Peter's employer (don't really want to spoil it). The stuff with the employer and Osborn was interesting too. 

Stories in open world games are tricky, especially in one like this where you can lose such a long time doing nothing but pissing about in the city, but it didn't really help itself by chucking a whole load of villains in towards the end. I didn't think they really added anything, and could've been used to give a bit more weight to side missions. 

Every single boss fight in the game is the same and pretty bad. My main gripe is that beat them using skills available from the very first mission. There's no progression at all. 

I was also annoyed at how the stealth was brushed aside after Act 2. While the combat was great - fluid, fun and eventually varied - the stealth was my favourite part of the whole game. 

The Miles and MJ missions felt like they stopped just as you acquired enough abilities to make them fun. 

As the game went on, I didn't find it particularly challenging (the enemy AI was poor and you gained enough skills to almost render you invincible) but it remained as fun for almost the entire run-through. 

The side activities (I've not done many of the side missions) were fairly good. The research stations were, as far as I remember, all different in some capacity, I didn't find the pigeons as offensive as others, and the bases were probably my favourite out of the lot. I liked two of the three challenge types, but the drone one was a bit fiddly. 

While the backpacks and landmarks were busy work, they chucked in more than enough fan service to make it worthwhile. 

I'm actually looking forward to seeing where the sequel takes the story as opposed to the gameplay. 

9 hours ago, accies1874 said:

I completed the story last night (still got around 10% of the game to do). 

The story was great right up until chaos ensues after Act 2 (although it's salvaged in the cut scenes after the final bit of gameplay). It then begins to lose focus and get a bit muddled, which is a shame as it's really, really good when about Peter/Spider-Man and Aunt May, MJ, Miles and Peter's employer (don't really want to spoil it). The stuff with the employer and Osborn was interesting too. 

Stories in open world games are tricky, especially in one like this where you can lose such a long time doing nothing but pissing about in the city, but it didn't really help itself by chucking a whole load of villains in towards the end. I didn't think they really added anything, and could've been used to give a bit more weight to side missions. 

Every single boss fight in the game is the same and pretty bad. My main gripe is that beat them using skills available from the very first mission. There's no progression at all. 

I was also annoyed at how the stealth was brushed aside after Act 2. While the combat was great - fluid, fun and eventually varied - the stealth was my favourite part of the whole game. 

The Miles and MJ missions felt like they stopped just as you acquired enough abilities to make them fun. 

As the game went on, I didn't find it particularly challenging (the enemy AI was poor and you gained enough skills to almost render you invincible) but it remained as fun for almost the entire run-through. 

The side activities (I've not done many of the side missions) were fairly good. The research stations were, as far as I remember, all different in some capacity, I didn't find the pigeons as offensive as others, and the bases were probably my favourite out of the lot. I liked two of the three challenge types, but the drone one was a bit fiddly. 

While the backpacks and landmarks were busy work, they chucked in more than enough fan service to make it worthwhile. 

I'm actually looking forward to seeing where the sequel takes the story as opposed to the gameplay. 

Did you enjoy it enough to buy the DLC when its released? 

17 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

Did you enjoy it enough to buy the DLC when its released? 

I'm gonna wait and see how it's received. I don't buy season passes. 

I got Platinum today, so I'm hoping it's good so I can play more.