St Mirren v Sellick

Given our previous results this season,  I can understand why we decided to stick. I would have maybe liked us to have been a bit more adventurous but given our attacking options,  I think we did ok. We're so lacking in options up front,  we brought on a left back Coulson to play there for the last 20 mins. Stubbs has left us with a very unbalanced squad. 

It's as if folk have short memories when we played against 10 men at Ibrox and should have lost by 6.

Celtic nearly caught us on the counter a few times, we were perfectly entitled to keep it tight in the 2nd half.

If we had more quality on the bench i'd have been tempted to go for it the last 10 mins but we had no attacking options at all.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Munoz said:

Given our previous results this season,  I can understand why we decided to stick. I would have maybe liked us to have been a bit more adventurous but given our attacking options,  I think we did ok. We're so lacking in options up front,  we brought on a left back Coulson to play there for the last 20 mins. Stubbs has left us with a very unbalanced squad. 

It's interesting that Livingston have made a better start to the season yet the saints came up as champions,went to the Livingston v jags games, Livingston didn't let the jags play their natural game with their up and at them style,there was a lot of talk about making the top six would you be happy with just staying in the league? 

7 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

It's interesting that Livingston have made a better start to the season yet the saints came up as champions,went to the Livingston v jags games, Livingston didn't let the jags play their natural game with their up and at them style,there was a lot of talk about making the top six would you be happy with just staying in the league? 

No there wasn't. 

8 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I think Tony Fitzy mentioned we should be aspiring to get into the top 6 at some point. 

That was about all.

Not from us there wasn’t. And I would be delighted at just staying up. Don’t give a f**k about Livvy - fair play to them and the start they’ve made.

3 hours ago, Munoz said:

I think Tony Fitzy mentioned we should be aspiring to get into the top 6 at some point. 

That was about all.

2 hours ago, Biscuits said:

Not from us there wasn’t. And I would be delighted at just staying up. Don’t give a f**k about Livvy - fair play to them and the start they’ve made.

For me there is a reason why livvy have 10 points and the saints only have 4,livvy play a similar style to motherwell they don't give teams a minutes peace,this is why it was a surprise to see the saints settle for a point against Celtic, in many ways it was a free hit for the saints on Friday night,you mite not give a feck about livvy but if every point is a prisoner it mite be better to have a look at what they're doing to pick up points.

For me there is a reason why livvy have 10 points and the saints only have 4,livvy play a similar style to motherwell they don't give teams a minutes peace,this is why it was a surprise to see the saints settle for a point against Celtic, in many ways it was a free hit for the saints on Friday night,you mite not give a feck about livvy but if every point is a prisoner it mite be better to have a look at what they're doing to pick up points.
Aye the reason is Alan Stubbs.

2 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:
14 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Aye the reason is Alan Stubbs.

Excuse Livvy also lost 2 managers.

48 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Excuse Livvy also lost 2 managers.

If Kenny Miller had stayed on at Livi they wouldn't have had 10 points at this stage. 

Anyway, you're talking garbled pish and amounts to nothing more than you greeting at us not coming out in the 2ns half so you could pick us off at will. A point at home to Celtic is a fantastic result given the circumstances we have found ourselves in. 

All your poorly spelt and poorly punctuated arguments to the contrary won't change that a jot.

willy knows literally nothing about any teams and their circumstances. All he cares about is his own team, which is actually fine. What isn't fine is his insistance that he DOES know stuff, and acts like he cares about the greater good, when in truth, he's just a more outspoken bennett.

5 minutes ago, Mayor Wilkins III said:

willy knows literally nothing about any teams and their circumstances. All he cares about is his own team, which is actually fine. What isn't fine is his insistance that he DOES know stuff, and acts like he cares about the greater good, when in truth, he's just a more outspoken bennett.

At least Bennett knows his limitations...

1 hour ago, Mayor Wilkins III said:

Is he actually Chris Sutton?

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

If Kenny Miller had stayed on at Livi they wouldn't have had 10 points at this stage. 

Anyway, you're talking garbled pish and amounts to nothing more than you greeting at us not coming out in the 2ns half so you could pick us off at will. A point at home to Celtic is a fantastic result given the circumstances we have found ourselves in. 

All your poorly spelt and poorly punctuated arguments to the contrary won't change that a jot.

Nice witabootary plus nobody cares about having good granma,St Mirren will get a wee bounce from the new manager.

3 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

We got a point more against you lot than Livi did. So you could argue OK got his tactics spot on.

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

You have got to luv the dyslexic granma police they just can't help themselves.

Correct. If you're going to put yourself on a public forum and express your opinions for the world to see, you should at least have the decency to learn proper grammar, spelling and sentence structure. 

It's nothing to do with dyslexia - I know several articulate and well written dyslexic people who have worked hard to improve their communication skills. It's everything to do with a combination of laziness and stupidity on your part. 

Have some respect for yourself, FFS. 

Archived