St Mirren v Sellick

I’m laughing at the posters who are saying that Ntcham made no contact with McGinn. He was lucky not have seen red for any of the previous 3 stupid challenges he made prior to the sending off.
Brainwashed by Brenda by the sounds of it, he said exactly the same thing after the game.

Dallas was poor for both teams, made some awful decisions but nobody in their right mind can deny Ntcham deserved to go off.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/15/2018 at 00:35, Rjc-1988 said:

What is it with Scottish Premier Clubs? No self belief from St Mirren - far too deferential to 10 man Celtic. Extremely poor second half

Easy to say that, but cast your mind back to our display of tactical naivety a few years ago where we lost against 9 men by pushing up for a goal and got hit on the break. In many ways any points taken off the ugly sisters (OK more the green half than the blue these days) by teams at our current end of the league should be grabbed with both hands and seen as a bonus. 

2 hours ago, Insaintee said:

Any one mind when wastecoatwilly was a decent poster?

I didn't no it was a contest?After watching the highlights it was a nothing challenge from ntcham both yellows came from him losing the ball and trying to win it back with no malice or intent to harm the opponent,both tackles where side on trying to win the ball back he didn't play the man or take out the man,when is a foul not a yellow?   

26 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I didn't no it was a contest?After watching the highlights it was a nothing challenge from ntcham both yellows came from him losing the ball and trying to win it back with no malice or intent to harm the opponent,both tackles where side on trying to win the ball back he didn't play the man or take out the man,when is a foul not a yellow?   

He got the 1st yellow card for persistent fouling,  and the second is a yellow all day long.  You really need to remove your green and white goggles. 

43 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

He deserved the red, Wullie.  Sometimes you just have to take the kick in the baws.

55 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Whilst I agree with you that I don't believe there was any malice in his challenge, he did deserve to walk.  His second booking was madness.  The ball is in the furthest part of the pitch from our goal and he goes diving in like that.

clear red card and the ref gave him benefit of the doubt when he jersey pulled earlier. No complaints about the decision.

Ref got many decisions incorrect after that which seemed to mainly favour St. Mirren - but there were no major calls to be made so zero complaints. The ref didn't make it a shitfest, it was the 2 managers that done that.

I think we'd talk about Dallas a lot less if his dad wasn't the supreme ***. Would the red card be challenged so much if any other referee?

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Sure

52 minutes ago, Booker-T said:

clear red card and the ref gave him benefit of the doubt when he jersey pulled earlier. No complaints about the decision.

Ref got many decisions incorrect after that which seemed to mainly favour St. Mirren - but there were no major calls to be made so zero complaints. The ref didn't make it a shitfest, it was the 2 managers that done that.

I think we'd talk about Dallas a lot less if his dad wasn't the supreme ***. Would the red card be challenged so much if any other referee?

They only favoured St Mirren in the sense that it broke the game up.  I can't think of a single incident where "that was lucky the ref saved us there." possibly the occasion when forrest went down but it looked a nothing takle to me.  So yes maybe you should have had another set piece to waste.

The was one occassion where Rogic was dancing through and got crowded out, I've seen them given but was outside the box  still dangerous. 

51 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

They only favoured St Mirren in the sense that it broke the game up.  I can't think of a single incident where "that was lucky the ref saved us there." possibly the occasion when forrest went down but it looked a nothing takle to me.  So yes maybe you should have had another set piece to waste.

The was one occassion where Rogic was dancing through and got crowded out, I've seen them given but was outside the box  still dangerous. 

that's what i meant 

2 hours ago, TheCelt67 said:

Whilst I agree with you that I don't believe there was any malice in his challenge, he did deserve to walk.  His second booking was madness.  The ball is in the furthest part of the pitch from our goal and he goes diving in like that.

On this occasion I though Ntcham did just catch the St Mirren player, so a yellow wasn't an outrageous decision. But it does seem to have become "a thing" in modern football that the defender goes to make a clearance, the forward tries to block the clearance - sometimes merely running in front of the defender , the defender kicks the ball and his foot follows through often blootering the forward. But it's the defender that then goes down holding his foot and rolling about and the big daft forward looks nonplussed as he gets a yellow or red. Who has kicked who ? Refs seem to fall for it every time.

3 hours ago, Munoz said:

He got the 1st yellow card for persistent fouling,  and the second is a yellow all day long.  You really need to remove your green and white goggles. 

I have already said the saints were the better team in the first half,why didn't they keep going in the second half if celtic was there for the taking? Football is about winning not settling for a point,it's a point the saints would have took before the game but with a wee bit more belief it could have been all 3.There was only one team wanting to win the game.

3 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I have already said the saints were the better team in the first half,why didn't they keep going in the second half if celtic was there for the taking? Football is about winning not settling for a point,it's a point the saints would have took before the game but with a wee bit more belief it could have been all 3.There was only one team wanting to win the game.

Given our previous results this season,  I can understand why we decided to stick. I would have maybe liked us to have been a bit more adventurous but given our attacking options,  I think we did ok. We're so lacking in options up front,  we brought on a left back Coulson to play there for the last 20 mins. Stubbs has left us with a very unbalanced squad. 

Archived