St Mirren v Sellick

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was a pleasant surprise. Very good performance all round but I thought Ryan Flynn was the standout, he suits that deeper central role. Hodson and Paul McGinn were superb particularly in the first half. Ferdinand was solid despite barely moving and Baird looked much better playing beside him.

I enjoyed Willock and Coulson charging about up front at the end.

Thought the saints were the better team first half,Celtic were way off the pace better second half even with 10 men ,for me the ref was Shockley bad stopping the play for no reason booking players for no reason very strange decisions,football is better then two teams want to win the game,saints lacked the belief they could win the game.  

56 minutes ago, codfish said:

Much more like it!

Thought we looked better 11 v 11 than we did after the red card - as a few have mentioned, we don’t have the squad to open up against that kind of quality.

Defensive organisation was great - Ferdinand strolled it, Baird looked good alongside him, and Hodson looked like a player too!

Mullen and Smith ran themselves into the ground, and Flynn had a couple of first half opportunities to make things far more interesting.

As for Celtic..... How Rodgers can argue the red card is baffling - both were stick-on yellows. Brown was the best player on the park, but they’ve lost the creativity they had a couple of years back. They’re like their near neighbours - the fear factor isn’t there anymore.

We’ve waited a long time, a long long time, to find out how Brendan would react when things don’t go quite his way. We’re now finding out.

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

We’ve waited a long time, a long long time, to find out how Brendan would react when things don’t go quite his way. We’re now finding out.

Back to the Neil Lennon meltdowns. More conspiracy theories than Craig Murray. 

Another scare or two and Brenda will definitely walk.

I thought we were really good, work rate and commitment couldn't be faulted. It's just a pity we couldn't take some of those chances in the first half because we had fully ran out of gas half way through the second. Danny Mullen in particular will sleep well tonight.

I'm guessing Kapekewa and NBM's days are probably numbered if the new manager preferred to play a right back at CB and a left back up front than put either of them even on the bench.

Oh dear, saddened to see Brendan has humiliated himself by regurgitating the old Celtic paranoia / victimisation / conspiracy-theorist bollocks about those two yellow cards for N'tcham tonight.

Why not just accept that the referee was right and N'tcham let down the hoops ?

St Maureen 0 - Celtic 2

Another raging St Maureen fan. Calm down son.

It's amazing how often St Maureen gets a reaction from St Maureen fans.

Surely St Maureen can't lose this now, that would be embarrassing.

St Maureen players obviously decided not to be bothered under Stubbs

St Maureen players just falling down all over the place.
Hope that doesn't come back to haunt them.

2 points dropped by St Maureen, at home, against 10 men.

Maureen.

We get it.

Ha ha.

Ha

Archived