St Mirren v Sellick

19 hours ago, JimmyMirren said:

Imagine someone who supports a team who constantly go shouting about how Scottish football is garbage and yet has a display picture and a signature celebrating their treble win against the same dross you slate having the cheek to call anyone a 'seething mess'? :lol:

You're the footballing equivalent to Usain Bolt racing in the Paralympic 100m final, tanking everyone, and then goading all your opponents for not being able to compete...

Go take your face for a sh*te somewhere else.

FB_IMG_1507391070216.jpg

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair if my dad took me to Ibrox instead of Love Street when I was younger I'd be labelled a glory hunter too. A lot of fans all over the country support the team their dad introduced them to.

Sure there are some old firm fans that just latch on to one or the other because they win the league or a cup nearly every season, not recently on the blue side right enough. These are the types you see walking about your local town centre with their Celtic/Rangers trackies when they are actually playing in a game. Some have never stepped a foot inside Ibrox or Parkhead.

I've worked with guys that follow Rangers/Celtic home and away, even in Europe, these guys spend an absolute fortune. Fair play to them for that, don't necessarily agree with some of the songs they sing but thats another matter.

I like the romantic idea of supporting your local team ect, imagine if everyone from Paisley went to StMirren games, same with Kilmarnock, Falkirk, Motherwell. Scottish Football would be much different. However I wouldn't swap our 3000 odd hardcore fan base for anyone else's. Even if we are a crazy lot....but we need to be.

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

To be fair if my dad took me to Ibrox instead of Love Street when I was younger I'd be labelled a glory hunter too. A lot of fans all over the country support the team their dad introduced them to.

Sure there are some old firm fans that just latch on to one or the other because they win the league or a cup nearly every season, not recently on the blue side right enough. These are the types you see walking about your local town centre with their Celtic/Rangers trackies when they are actually playing in a game. Some have never stepped a foot inside Ibrox or Parkhead.

I've worked with guys that follow Rangers/Celtic home and away, even in Europe, these guys spend an absolute fortune. Fair play to them for that, don't necessarily agree with some of the songs they sing but thats another matter.

I like the romantic idea of supporting your local team ect, imagine if everyone from Paisley went to StMirren games, same with Kilmarnock, Falkirk, Motherwell. Scottish Football would be much different. However I wouldn't swap our 3000 odd hardcore fan base for anyone else's. Even if we are a crazy lot....but we need to be.

My dad is a St Mirren fan, but as an ill informed wean growing up in a "Rangers toon", he took me along to Rangers v St Mirren at Ibrox. I remember watching a very vocal St Mirren support in the corner & thinking - they actually look like they're having more fun, despite being pumped 7-1... Think Kenny Miller scored 5. :lol:  When St Mirren scored some guy literally spat "f*nian b*stards" at the top of his voice. Rangers fans around me spitting poison was one of the reasons I became a buddie. 

My dad is a St Mirren fan, but as an ill informed wean growing up in a "Rangers toon", he took me along to Rangers v St Mirren at Ibrox. I remember watching a very vocal St Mirren support in the corner & thinking - they actually look like they're having more fun, despite being pumped 7-1... Think Kenny Miller scored 5. [emoji38]  When St Mirren scored some guy literally spat "f*nian b*stards" at the top of his voice. Rangers fans around me spitting poison was one of the reasons I became a buddie. 
I remember that game well 🤢. Not even the worst game involving that c'nt scoring against us.

3 hours ago, Doakes said:

My dad is a St Mirren fan, but as an ill informed wean growing up in a "Rangers toon", he took me along to Rangers v St Mirren at Ibrox. I remember watching a very vocal St Mirren support in the corner & thinking - they actually look like they're having more fun, despite being pumped 7-1... Think Kenny Miller scored 5. :lol:  When St Mirren scored some guy literally spat "f*nian b*stards" at the top of his voice. Rangers fans around me spitting poison was one of the reasons I became a buddie. 

Unfortunately we weren't in the corner that day, We were in the lower tier which meant all sorts of shite was thrown down when we scored.

Scoring the best of goal of the day was scant consolation !

Today I have learned that 'go take your face for a shite' still counts as patter.
Anyway, a Celtic away game on a Friday night?  Final score should be around 18,000 broken seats.
You're not playing at Ibrox bud. Anticipating a far from ideal journey on the train home to Ayr full of glory hunters.

I was led to believe there aren't any **** in Ayrshire. 

**** = jungle jims (still hard to believe that word is swear filtered).
Usually loads on the train when you play at home. Pleasingly there are also a few Saints supporting families get on/off at Prestwick and Troon etc. We're not glory hunters though obviously.

1 hour ago, jimmy boo said:
11 hours ago, The OP said:
I was led to believe there aren't any **** in Ayrshire. 

**** = jungle jims (still hard to believe that word is swear filtered).

Usually loads on the train when you play at home. Pleasingly there are also a few Saints supporting families get on/off at Prestwick and Troon etc. We're not glory hunters though obviously.

Could have fooled me. Millions of youse - all off the back of winning that shitey Wee Cup that we refuse to win.

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Oh. Is that Hearts lying down again emoji8.png.

Not lying down, as such. Not like you guys in 86. More of a consious decision to refuse to dignify the Wee Cup by having our name engraved on it again. Every now and then we are forced into reaching a semi or even a final - but only to avoid an SPFL  disrepute charge, you understand.

20 hours ago, TheCelt67 said:

Today I have learned that 'go take your face for a shite' still counts as patter.

Anyway, a Celtic away game on a Friday night?  Final score should be around 18,000 broken seats.

Only if they break them, fix them, break them again and repeat that process about half a dozen times :lol:

Archived