Jack Ryan - Amazon Prime Video

The Minertaur

Finished the first season of this last night and thought it was a thoroughly enjoyable show.

Starring John Krasinski as the title role it's 8 episodes that fly by.  Really liked that they showed you a lot more from the terrorist side of things ensuring that you understand why he is doing what he is doing.

Would give it a strong 8/10.

Turned this on looking forward to seeing Zachary Levi in a new show. Took me at least a minute to realise it wasn't him.

Still enjoyed it though. I always prefer shows where they flesh out the villain and show it from their perspective too.

Blasted through this at the weekend (it's only 8 episodes long) and really enjoyed it, I did have issues with the last episode, it just seemed a bit too neatly wrapped up but other than that I was gripped from episode one!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Three episodes in. It's alright, nothing groundbreaking so far, plenty that's been done elsewhere to be honest. The main thing which bugs me is John Krasinski as Jack Ryan. I'm just not getting the vibe that he is Ryan. He looks a bit gormless, like a live action Wallace sans Gromit. I'll stick with it, but it's kind of bugging me.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Season 2 dropped today, going to knock a couple of episodes tonight and see what it’s like, but if it’s anything like the 1st season it should be good!!!

• 3 years later...

Season 1 is pretty decent - 8/10

Season 2 is very good for 7 episodes before degrading into absolute fantasy in the final episode - 6/10

Spoiler

because aye Jim you as persona non grata can shoot up the Presidential Palace of a Sovereign State, overthrow a government and have no repercussions

Season 3 is a solid 7.5/10 - James Cosmo really saves it.