People who are touchy

I've got a couple of mates who set up a business together and one of them gets extremely touchy when you suggest the other one is his boss. He knows we know it's not true but it's still guaranteed to get a totally OTT reaction, tis tremendous fun. Sometimes get newcomers to the group to ask him about his work and say "Sounds to me like Stephen is your boss" just to watch his outraged reaction at a stranger who clearly knows nothing about him making him feel emasculated. 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, paranoid android said:

There's a lassie at work called Elizabeth who goes into a strop when folk inadvertently call her Liz.

We had a young girl called Elizabeth at work and when I asked her which variant of the name she preferred, she said "any of them really, I'm not really bothered".

Let's just say she wasn't particularly impressed by being called Betty from then on.

Just now, Hedgecutter said:

We had a young girl called Elizabeth at work and when I asked her which variant of the name she preferred, she said "any of them really, I'm not really bothered".

Let's just say she wasn't particularly impressed by being called Betty from then on.

Did she call you Al?

So do you think your dad will get sent down? 

It’s not my dad, it’s the father of the guy I had made mention of a few months back who made an inappropriate comment about my pregnant girlfriend at a wedding we were at. Him and his dad are both disgusting perverts and I hope they both get done for sexual harassment. c***s.

3 minutes ago, throbber said:

It’s not my dad, it’s the father of the guy I had made mention of a few months back who made an inappropriate comment about my pregnant girlfriend at a wedding we were at. Him and his dad are both disgusting perverts and I hope they both get done for sexual harassment. c***s.

Along with your love of "catch a predator" vids there's a strong sense of the poster doth protest too much, methinks.

2 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Do you need money? Someone should organise a whip-round.

Funny you should mention that. There are a few gaps in the winter wardrobe. Been looking at a copper coloured gilet for underneath my tweed long coat. 

1 hour ago, throbber said:

:whistle

I don't think my mum has ever called me by the right name and she's the same with my brother. He gets really angry and has to correct her for getting his name wrong. I think she gets it close enough considering she has spent most of the last 40 odd years in a drink and painkiller induced stupor. 

There's a wifey in my work called Cheryl, but the ch is pronounced the way you pronounce chips.
When someone, who doesn't know her, pronounces it 'Sheryl' she nearly bites their head off.   It's her own fault for wanting her name pronounced like that, the fud.

So ‘Chipsryl’ then?

Mmmmmmmm. Chips.

Archived