Next Permanent St Mirren Manager

Who will be St Mirren's next permanent manager?  

181 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 minutes ago, killiepiemuncher said:

Are SM still paying off a few of their previous managerial disasters? The garden centres around Paisley must be busy.

I doubt it, considering Ross left and the most recent manager to be sacked was Rae - 2 years ago. That's like suggesting Killie are still paying McCulloch and/or Clark.

So, in terms of who will be the next manager I think most have McIntyre pinned on as a racing cert. I'm maybe a little more cautious about that. While I agree that he would do a better job at stabilising the club that Stubbs was capable of, a lot of his time in the Premiership was under a chairman with a fucking big cheque book. That said he did take County to the LC trophy. The question remains does he want the job?

I'd like to see if anyone "interesting" appears out of the woodwork before making a decision on who I want next.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I think we probably gave him an actual contract with rules in it rather than some birthday caird pish about loyalty and building something special.

This post will haunt you when we unveil him as our new gaffer after we get pumped by Boreham Wood.

No surprise to see Goodwin’s name thrown into the hat as a front-runner. However, I’d be very surprised if he took it this time around.

All his reasonings from his statement from turning down an interview in the summer still stand, and are probably even more so. He’s built a decent team at Alloa and I think going to Saints would not only tarnish his Saint’s rep but also his managerial rep.

I may be wrong, I was wrong about Jack Ross. I just don’t see why if he didn’t want it when he had a transfer window, he’d change his mind and take it now after dross that Stubb’s has signed. It could be a heart over head decision but I really, really hope not.

I think it’s best for Saints to avoid him too. Still young and inexperienced and like previously mentioned, a lot of previous work as a player could be undone. Someone more experienced like McIntyre would be the best bet I’d imagine. McPherson is a bit of a dinosaur the way he operates his teams and interacts with his players but desperate times call for desperate measures!

McIntyre might be a decent short-term appointment, assuming you have a decent enough squad. You give him a decent calibre of player to work with you'll probably do alright. But have him forced to sign his own players & you'll quickly find yourself cursing him when he brings Martin Woods in and has him a guaranteed first team place so he can take all your freekicks. Also, this is a guy who spent 6 months playing Liam Boyce in centre midfield rather than where you think you'd play Liam Boyce.

3 minutes ago, Torfason said:

Right up there with his “fur a wid walk five hundred miles” to be Scotland manager comments?

'Excellent club, great bunch of guys' type stuff...be afraid, be very afraid...:green

Archived