Next Permanent St Mirren Manager

Who will be St Mirren's next permanent manager?  

181 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morton looking for a manager. Probably David Hopkin. 

St. Mirren looking for a manager. Maybe David Hopkin. 

Bradford interested in nipping in before Morton to make David Hopkin their new gaffer. 

Have I went through a wormhole and woke up back in June?! 

8 hours ago, Stevie88 said:

Where are you seeing him at 4/1 for the St. Mirren job? Or is that what he was last week for Falkirk job?

Honestly don't listen to a word this guy says mate, he's a complete and utter fantasist and a troll. 

41 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I liked the way he assured us McIntyre was a 'stick on' - after losing loads of cash on him last week :lol:

Amongst others he assured us we were getting Stevie Aitken 

Thoroughly uninspiring list of names being suggested for this and terms like "safe pair of hands" being thrown about. But then if the squad is as poor as many fear then maybe that's the way you need to go, someone that will make the team organised etc...

I think it's a bit of a contrast with Dundee, and Killie last season, who have/had decent players and something for a manager to work with.

Can't believe I'm saying this but, again, if the squad is as limited as some fear, then maybe (deep breath) the reports linking Gus MacPherson with a return aren't the most ridiculous. Apologies to St Mirren fans for suggesting it!

St Mirren legend Jim Goodwin is the favourite to replace axed Alan Stubbs as Buddies boss. (Scottish Sun)

Former St Mirren boss Gus MacPherson is a front-runner to replace Stubbs despite going down to League Two with Queen's Park last season. (Scottish Daily Mail)

Former Dunfermline, Queen of the South and Ross County manager Jim McIntyre is thought to be the front-runner to succeed Stubbs. (Scotsman, print edition)

At least the press are "ITK".

Gus MacPherson :lol: 

What transpired in the summer was that our club wasn't quite the draw we were hoping it would be. I doubt much has changed so, yeah, a safe pair of hands may be the way forward.

I'd like to see Jim Goodwin take over but, as with a few months ago, I'd hate to see him fail. He'd be faced with a choice between two relegation battles so may not fancy it anyway. I still think he's the man for our promotion charge next season. 

St Mirren legend Jim Goodwin is the favourite to replace axed Alan Stubbs as Buddies boss. (Scottish Sun) Former St Mirren boss Gus MacPherson is a front-runner to replace Stubbs despite going down to League Two with Queen's Park last season. (Scottish Daily Mail) Former Dunfermline, Queen of the South and Ross County manager Jim McIntyre is thought to be the front-runner to succeed Stubbs. (Scotsman, print edition)

At least the press are "ITK". Gus MacPherson :lol:  

Not as daft a rumour as you might think. Gordon Scott didn’t want Gus to leave last time around. Still on good terms with him apparently.

1 hour ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Alan Archibald is the perfect fit. Premiership experience at a club the same size. Used to small budgets, likes to play football on the deck. What more could St.Mirren want? And you would probably get him for nothing.

Good call to be honest. And he'd be happy to move to a bigger club

9 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

I still honestly reckon McIntyre would be the steadiest appointment we could make at this point in time.

I'm actually gutted that we're back at this stage again already. I, like the rest of us, wanted this appointment to be a massive success and to move on from the body blow of losing JR relatively quickly. How one guy could make an arse of quite so many things in such a short time is baffling.

Add to that, he spent £75k (our highest transfer fee in over 20 years) on a player he never even got to play in a league match.

Yeah althought it's only 4 matches into the league, it clearly had to come. It was as if Stubbs  wanted to fail.  :unsure2:

Archived