Next Permanent St Mirren Manager

Who will be St Mirren's next permanent manager?  

181 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

52 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

I'm sorry you are unable to understand the point being made. Do you wish me to explain it in easier terms for you?

Nice ladyboy hashtag though, very progressive.

Your point is that only supporters of clubs likely to win a particular competition are entitled to criticise clubs who don't win it? Is that it in a nutshell?

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Your point is that only supporters of clubs likely to win a particular competition are entitled to criticise clubs who don't win it? Is that it in a nutshell?

No, that wasn't my point, and you would know that if you read the whole exchange. If I say to Aberdeen fans, "your club shat the bed by not putting in a sustained challenge when the time was ripe", then those fans can legitimately ask, "What did your club do?".

I'm not in any way saying I am not entitled to criticise, I am saying that that criticism has a valid counter argument.

5 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

No, that wasn't my point, and you would know that if you read the whole exchange. If I say to Aberdeen fans, "your club shat the bed by not putting in a sustained challenge when the time was ripe", then those fans can legitimately ask, "What did your club do?".

I'm not in any way saying I am not entitled to criticise, I am saying that that criticism has a valid counter argument.

How on earth is that a valid counter argument. It's literally two things that are unrelated to one another.

3 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

I blame Kilmarnock for not doing enough to break the mould and usurping the OF duopoly. How do you react to that accusation?

Presuming this was outwith a time when I was playing for Kilmarnock, or doing anything whatsoever that could feasibly have an impact on our results - I don't imagine my personal reaction is particularly important. 

What I certainly wouldn't do, is immediately engage in some bizarre, illogical whataboutery based on the allegiances of the person asking the question.

2 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Presuming this was outwith a time when I was playing for Kilmarnock, or doing anything whatsoever that could feasibly have an impact on our results - I don't imagine my personal reaction is particularly important. 

What I certainly wouldn't do, is immediately engage in some bizarre, illogical whataboutery based on the allegiances of the person asking the question.

What is this word salad, You refuse to answer the question then go on some bullshit about illogical whataboutery.

You waded into this, you really should have both the confidence and honestly to reply to the points raised.

27 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

What is this word salad, You refuse to answer the question then go on some bullshit about illogical whataboutery.

You waded into this, you really should have both the confidence and honestly to reply to the points raised.

Right, what's happened here is you've asked me a bizarre non-sequiter about Kilmarnock, to which I've replied by saying it's totally irrelevant - as I've said throughout - and you've chucked the toys out saying I'm not making any sense.

How did you expect me to answer your question?

Just now, Estragon said:

Right, what's happened here is you've asked me a bizarre non-sequiter about Kilmarnock, to which I've replied by saying it's totally irrelevant - as I've said throughout - and you've chucked the toys out saying I'm not making any sense.

How did you expect me to answer your question?

I expect you to answer the same question you were happy for me to lay at Aberdeen. Yet when it's moved over to your club it's suddenly irrelevant?

btw, not only have you misspelled non-sequitur, you have also used it incorrectly. If we were discussing winning the league and I suddenly asked why Kilmarnock wore white and blue socks, that would be a non-sequitur.

I don't really know why you bothered to get involved in the first place, all I said was if I was to slate Aberdeen for not putting up a good enough fight then the Aberdeen fans could equally ask where was St Mirren's fight? I'm not saying it negates the situation of Aberdeen, I'm saying it's a valid question they could add, and seeing as my club has never won the league - discussing the failures of others to do so might seem a bit misplaced.

Why you, or others, find that a difficult thing to understand I really don't know.

This whole "you've chucked the toys out" is really childish by the way. All I have done is ask you a question and you've replied with hyperbole rather than answering it.

1 minute ago, Buddist Monk said:

I expect you to answer the same question you were happy for me to lay at Aberdeen. Yet when it's moved over to your club it's suddenly irrelevant?

btw, not only have you misspelled non-sequitur, you have also used it incorrectly. If we were discussing winning the league and I suddenly asked why Kilmarnock wore white and blue socks, that would be a non-sequitur.

I don't really know why you bothered to get involved in the first place, all I said was if I was to slate Aberdeen for not putting up a good enough fight then the Aberdeen fans could equally ask where was St Mirren's fight? I'm not saying it negates the situation of Aberdeen, I'm saying it's a valid question they could add, and seeing as my club has never won the league - discussing the failures of others to do so might seem a bit misplaced.

Why you, or others, find that a difficult thing to understand I really don't know.

This whole "you've chucked the toys out" is really childish by the way. All I have done is ask you a question and you've replied with hyperbole rather than answering it.

That's absolute rubbish. Your entire argument is that people are perfectly entitled to stifle debate by referring to the team supported by the questioner as a valid counter argument - and now you're accusing me of childish behaviour seemingly without a shred of irony.

I've consistently said your point is based on a totally misguided link.

And thanks for the spelling tip btw, always the sign of a well constructed argument. My usage was in relation to the formal fallacy of your opinions on Kilmarnock having any impact on this discussion.

2 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Your entire argument is that people are perfectly entitled to stifle debate by referring to the team supported by the questioner as a valid counter argument

Er.. it isn't,  and if you took it like that you are an idiot.

At no point what so ever did I say that the argument Aberdeen didn't make a good fist of challenging was invalid. Not once, and why you would think that is beyond me unless you just wanted to come in for an argument.

What I did say, and this will be the third time I've explained it so I'd like you to read it and understand it, is that the same accusation could be laid at my club. You seem to be getting mixed up in a false dichotomy.

As for the spelling correction, it was also a grammar one, you used the term incorrectly, it made no sense. I suggest that if you wish to use the term you understand what it means first.

5 hours ago, Buddist Monk said:

Seems like the hashtag TB4 is used by people calling themselves Trap Boyz which I suppose explains why Killie fans would be so keen to use it.

Yes you are going to need to explain this one to me.

7 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

Listen, I think it's great that the Kilmarnock fans are so progressive about the gender fluidity thing. ;)

Thanks mate I think its great that St Mirren are so fluid between the top flight and the second tier.

10 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Thanks mate I think its great that St Mirren are so fluid between the top flight and the second tier.

According to Tony Fitzpatrick we are a top 6, who am I to argue?

I'm guessing we'll take Kilmarnock's place this season. After fluking it last season, and facing up to the beaks giving him a dressing down, Clarke will walk claiming he doesn't need this sort of shit, with Alan Stubbs replacing him. Trust me, I know I'm right... :P

I'm guessing we'll take Kilmarnock's place this season. After fluking it last season, and facing up to the beaks giving him a dressing down, Clarke will walk claiming he doesn't need this sort of shit, with Alan Stubbs replacing him. Trust me, I know I'm right... [emoji14]

I know this will be hard for you but stay off the drugs mate.

Guest Moomintroll
I'm guessing we'll take Kilmarnock's place this season. After fluking it last season, and facing up to the beaks giving him a dressing down, Clarke will walk claiming he doesn't need this sort of shit, with Alan Stubbs replacing him. Trust me, I know I'm right... [emoji14]

I am finding it hard to accept this eventuality, can you show your workings please.

Archived