Next Permanent St Mirren Manager

Who will be St Mirren's next permanent manager?  

181 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

And so it begins.

Kenny, f**k off mate.

Never really understood the antipathy towards Shiels, I always found him quite entertaining. I know he managed Morton, but that's hardly a crime.

On 05/09/2018 at 15:20, Ludo*1 said:

That's a massive fucking gamble going for Kearney at this stage. Forced to compete with a squad that isn't his in a league he doesn't even have some meagre playing career in.

He could be the messiah- but he's setting himself up for a hiding to nothing.

As daft as it sounds, the best bet would be to go for some dull, uninspiring option at the moment to steady the ship - then maybe come the end of the season evaluate things from that point?

Tbf, if we punted McCann I'd be screaming for Ketsbaia or Weighorst as everyone loves a foreign import but at least they've played here! 

If he does join, I hope it goes well, but not at the expense of us! 

With all due respect Ludo I hope whomever Mirren appoint does go horribly wrong because if it doesn't it WILL be at the expense of us. And St Mirren fans I have no quarrel with them at all, in fact I admire them for supporting their club when they are basically right in the belly of the Old Firm beast.

I'll be honest, I'm quite excited for Kearney coming in.

The player testimonials at his current club are rather glowing in terms of his man management and adaptability but for me, the most important attribute for a modern football manager is intelligence, which he appears to have plenty of.

I'm excited to see what he will bring to the table in terms of both tactics and how he goes about dealing with  and motivating players who are on a low at present. 

10 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

The player testimonials at his current club are rather glowing in terms of his man management and adaptability but for me, the most important attribute for a modern football manager is intelligence, which he appears to have plenty of.

I'm excited to see what he will bring to the table in terms of both tactics and how he goes about dealing with  and motivating players who are on a low at present. 

I think not being Alan Stubbs is going to give him a good head start on this.

9 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Spot on.

At this precise point in time, what you describe is undoubtedly the most critical attribute to get right in the new man.

Not his recruitment, or even his tactical awareness. We need someone who can connect with the players, lift them out of the Stubbs-induced malaise, and inject some spirit and confidence into the squad.

The rest will come in time, but the critical foundations must be in place. In all honesty, I think we have enough ability in our squad to keep us in touch with the other teams near the foot until January. Then, OK will have the opportunity to stamp a bit more of his identity on things.

We need to be patient, however. OK has a tough job ahead of him, but it is a great job for the right man. Let's hope OK is that man. I have a good feeling about this that I never had with Stubbs from day one.

I expect we should see something official from the club today. There seems to have been an issue with some personal details, but it’s all been sorted for him to be in charge of his last game at Coleraine this Saturday.

He should be in place for Monday and what a start to have in his first game against Celtic on Friday  night.

1 minute ago, Soctty said:

:thumbsdown

Sure, you might say that now, but give it time, Sheils will be all over the media with his insane bullshit and "not in the know ITK" comments.

In many ways it's not Sheils' fault, as the media knows he is a complete rent-a-quote buffoon and will lazily use him to fill their papers/websites.

Archived