Next Permanent St Mirren Manager

Who will be St Mirren's next permanent manager?  

181 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Hendo said:

Gary Caldwell? Hope to feck not, we've had enough of ex Celtic defenders who failed as managers in England. 

Oran Kearney will be in the running again, playing good football and has his team flying still. 

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Danny Lennon I'm hearing. 

St Mirren hero with Alloa connections; sounds perfect. There's nobody similarly qualified.

I repeat: there's nobody similarly qualified. Nobody.

10 hours ago, ulysses said:

Has got Coleraine absolutely flying at the moment. Certainly would be a gamble though.

Impressed the board at his last interview apparently.

As did Alan Stubbs....

I think they need to amend their points criteria this time round.

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

Billy fucking Brown is chairman of the managers and coaches association? Ffs.

But "He’s been places and done things".  Imagine the chairman of the managers and coaches association backing managers and coaches without any other consideration....

12 hours ago, McG said:

Oran Kearney will be in the running again, playing good football and has his team flying still. 

Take it Goodwin has ruled him self out. I would be worried Kearney has no experience of Scottish football. Big gamble at this time we need steady hands at this time. 

13 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Take it Goodwin has ruled him self out. I would be worried Kearney has no experience of Scottish football. Big gamble at this time we need steady hands at this time. 

What does that even mean?

All of these managers from the usual merry-go-round, with their knowledge of Scottish Football, have all failed in jobs before.  Some more than once.

Give it to the best person for the job. 

53 minutes ago, Desp said:

What does that even mean?

All of these managers from the usual merry-go-round, with their knowledge of Scottish Football, have all failed in jobs before.  Some more than once.

Give it to the best person for the job. 

Spot on,Scottish football constantly fails because of desperation for experience and a so called safe pair of hands.Jack Ross was seen as a huge gamble and he got rid of experience and replaced it with talent which he then filled with confidence.Worked out pretty well for St Mirren.Hartley took Alloa up two divisions in his first managerial gig.Colin Cameron took Cowdenbeath back to the championship after Jimmy Nicholl had relegated them with a team full of old experienced players.After Stubbs winning the Scottish with Hibs he would have been seen as a safe pair of hands for a club who would be looking at staying up in their first season back.Careful what you wish for

Yeah, I don't understand all this clamouring for experience. I think it's overrated at this level given anyone who is actually known to be decent is not available to us. I see many of the usual options being just as risky as giving some left field or young manager the job. There is a reason why they are available right now.

I reckon Kearney would be just as likely to be a success or failure as going for someone like McIntyre.

Each comes with a different set of risks. 

1 hour ago, Turkmenbashi said:

Yeah, I don't understand all this clamouring for experience. I think it's overrated at this level given anyone who is actually known to be decent is not available to us. I see many of the usual options being just as risky as giving some left field or young manager the job. There is a reason why they are available right now.

I reckon Kearney would be just as likely to be a success or failure as going for someone like McIntyre.

Each comes with a different set of risks. 

Alloa have tweeted to look out for an announcement tonight. 

Archived