Andy Robertson: Scotland Captain

accies1874

• 4 years later...

I thought he performed really well for Scotland in March after missing the games last September and the iffy June camp that he was a part of. Not just his assists but his overall game was pretty good. I like the Scotland flag on his boots too!

ScottishFootballBoot.png.1f2bd0688587f0312965b1f899d3b1e7.png

2 hours ago, NickMcG said:

Obviously, I'll support him as he plays for Scotland but I find Robertson to be a rather sneaky player. I've heard him being compared to Souness by some Liverpool fans which I find quite bizarre. He's no hardman, unlike, Souness.  

I know it's what it takes to win sometimes but I don't really like that side of the game.  I wouldn't take the captaincy off him but I think there are at least three or four better candidates.

Souness was not hard.

Sneaky is an interesting description

Well said.

Hanley , McGinn , McGregor , McTominay ?

2 hours ago, NickMcG said:

Obviously, I'll support him as he plays for Scotland but I find Robertson to be a rather sneaky player. I've heard him being compared to Souness by some Liverpool fans which I find quite bizarre. He's no hardman, unlike, Souness.  

I know it's what it takes to win sometimes but I don't really like that side of the game.  I wouldn't take the captaincy off him but I think there are at least three or four better candidates.

Tierney stand out captain for me 

27 minutes ago, Ewanandmoreagain said:

Souness was not hard.

Sneaky is an interesting description

Well said.

Hanley , McGinn , McGregor , McTominay ?

Not sure about your first or last choice but you consider mcgregor and mcginn along with Tierney shows how many leaders we've got in that team

Just need a striker 

Hearing talk that the linesman's career should be over.  Jesus fucking Christ.  If the roles are reversed, you'll still get the hand-wringing, but they'll get a few games suspension and back before you know it.  Absolutely no need for this to be anything more than that.  Stupid decision from the ref obviously, but I'm fully supportive of this new trend where refs are hitting back.  Good.

1 minute ago, NickMcG said:

He cross the line when he grabbed the linesman's arm.  There has to be some punishment but his career shouldn't be over.  Abuse of officials has to be correctly punished. Especially as it filters down into grassroots football.

In grassroots football down south referees are now using body cameras in some leagues.

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2023/feb/17/referees-to-get-body-cameras-in-english-grassroots-leagues-to-tackle-abuse

There have been some horrific assaults on referees at this level before. 

8 hours ago, NickMcG said:

I'd put Souness down has hard but I guess everyone has their own opinions.  I think all of them would be good captains but Tierney would be my first choice. Andrew Robertson doesn't really strike me as a leader.

I think he is a leader, but he is not behaving like one atm.

Edited by Ewanandmoreagain

One of the most embarrassing things in football is seeing players and managers, actual adults with grown up responsibilities, right up in a referee's face.

I'd like to see a change in the rules that allows referees a free boot to the baws to anyone spraying spit all over them.