Andy Robertson: Scotland Captain

accies1874

Good for him, but I'm still not convinced we necessarily need a big stramash around who the captain is.  Granted we don't go through as many ridiculous media cliches as the English seem to in the role, but I'd be far more inclined to just award it to the most fitting person who is going to take to the pitch for whatever game we're playing.  I get that the captain is supposed to be that inspirational choice, but if we need something like that in a game the entire team should be stepping up rather than looking forlornly to one particular person asking "wit we gonnae dae?!".  

But if we have to have one, Robertson is about as close as you can get to a safe and solid choice.

11 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Currently the best left back in the world

He's probably not far off tbf, nobody in the EPL compares, then you're into the Marcelo/Alba/Alabas of the world. 

4 hours ago, ShaggysBeard said:

To have the Scotland captain with a backstory as his serves as an incredible example to all the young guys in the country playing lower level and reserve football. A great appointment.

Just as they're planning to f**k over the club he started with. 

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

He's probably not far off tbf, nobody in the EPL compares, then you're into the Marcelo/Alba/Alabas of the world. 

Considering his injury problems last season, Man City's Mendy is in great form. Marcos  Alonso is playing well too and scoring goals.  

Guest DAVIDB69

They were having this debate on sky sports last night, best left back in the premier , which I assume means the world they said it was Benjamin Mendy also mentioning Marcus Alonso .

Merson said they were better than Andy “Robinson”

6 hours ago, DAVIDB69 said:

They were having this debate on sky sports last night, best left back in the premier , which I assume means the world they said it was Benjamin Mendy also mentioning Marcus Alonso .

Merson said they were better than Andy “Robinson”

He's right.

_92316163_andy_robinson_getty.jpg

22 hours ago, ShaggysBeard said:

To have the Scotland captain with a backstory as his serves as an incredible example to all the young guys in the country playing lower level and reserve football. A great appointment.

Does it, or does it show up a massive lack of quality youth scouting and coaching?

Don't get me wrong, I love Robertson and it's an amazing story - but how many other boys are totally lost to the game because of the judgement of the same people who thought this guy was amateur level as opposed to Champions League level/the fucking Scotland captain...

3 hours ago, Estragon said:

Does it, or does it show up a massive lack of quality youth scouting and coaching?

Don't get me wrong, I love Robertson and it's an amazing story - but how many other boys are totally lost to the game because of the judgement of the same people who thought this guy was amateur level as opposed to Champions League level/the fucking Scotland captain...

Indeed.  It's a known fact that youth coaches in Scotland play the players who are the tallest and the quickest.