Dunfermline Athletic vs Alloa Athletic

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where to start with that?

Nearly every player apart from Thomson, Robinson and maybe J.Longridge were utterly useless and looked lost today. Worryingly so.

Why on earth are we playing Muirhead is he isn't fit when Ryan is on the bench? Also why is he taking corners when he is surely a threat in the air and completely shite at them. Craigen is excellent at corners it doesn't make any sense. To top it off taking off Longridge and putting Muirhead out wide is just nuts. Not that Longridge is usually bad it's just I don't think he's found his best position. He's clearly good on the ball but awful today like he didn't know what to do. I would take Cardle or even Paton back over what was there today. Connolly again looked decent, why can't he start?

Really worried about us now with Higgy out and the total mess of tactics, formations and players. If there is any possibility of changing the manager and we can afford it then we should.

I don't take any pleasure out of seeing us dip in form so much. It shows how important Clark, McManus and Morris  were to the side. I was wrong about Morris. I would take his occasional mistake over dog meat durnam now. I do think Ashcroft is a fantastic defender when paired up with Morris or someone similar but maybe the captaincy has messed up his concentration? 

Its hard to take any positives from that at all other than we didn't get beat. From the United and Hearts games that seems like a different side? Bizarre.

4 hours ago, printer said:

Not sure how I feel about that; point gained or two lost?

We were the better team first half, without playing particularly well. Zanatta was frustrating, going to ground far too easily, looking for fouls. He'd be much more effective if he could cut that out.

Second half was more even. Positive substitutions from Jim G, clearly trying to get all three points, but they didn't help IMO. I thought we could have done with Robbo's energy in the last twenty minutes.

Once again the likes of Andy Graham, Taggs and Parry were completely solid.

Defense do their job admirably. Up front is letting the side down though. We've yet to be ahead this season despite being on top for long periods. I worry that at some point the teams are going to get their act together and we've missed the window where we could've capitalised on their bad form.

3 hours ago, Newmember said:

For Goodwin to leave Alloa it would have to be two things 

1 full time premier club 

2 three year deal on 60k plus per year to take his two jobs into account 

I think the way forward for Goodwin is England div one or championship 

I would doubt it, we probably will want to be a full-time manager at some point and therefore like everyone will need to build up his experience, he can only do so much at Alloa he'll hope to improve, get noticed, get a bigger job do well there and then hope for bigger money and more security. 

Clean sheet was about the only bonus today we are really lacking self-confidence and lump the ball about we were far more confident against Dundee and Dundee Unt and played nice football. AJ can sort messes out, in fact, its what he's done every season. I just don't know why he can't spot it earlier and sort it before its causing major problems. We will get better under a new manager or not I would doubt it any time soon, however Alloa are everything Brechin weren't last season - Well organised, hard-working and pose some threat going forward, they will take plenty points over the season however I would hope we get our act together and get out this mess long before Falkirk or Alloa start getting more points on the board.

5 hours ago, Oweny said:

Two points dropped. We should have won no question. 

On what basis? At no point did you dominate possession, have a series of attempt on goal or even look remotely threatening, you defended well throughout the game but posed even less threat than us going forward, which is pretty incredible. 

A draw was a fair result for two sides playing out one of the most forgettable games in a while, by the time we next play each other in the league people will have forgotten when our last meeting was. 

6 hours ago, Grant228 said:

On what basis? At no point did you dominate possession, have a series of attempt on goal or even look remotely threatening, you defended well throughout the game but posed even less threat than us going forward, which is pretty incredible. 

A draw was a fair result for two sides playing out one of the most forgettable games in a while, by the time we next play each other in the league people will have forgotten when our last meeting was. 

Come on now min, as I've stated in my previous post Alloa have had two off the line and Craigens made a fantastic goal saving one on one tackle. Also previously forgot the one in the second half that hit Robinson in the chest so there's another. There is no way anyone can have watched that game and say Alloa didn't deserve to win it. Anything we hit was a passback for their keeper. 

My neebur made a good point when he said he couldn't understand the time wasting from Alloa cos the three points were there for them and we sure as f**k weren't going to take them with our 6ft + striker out wide crossing the ball into El Bak. The more I think about it the more yesterdays performances has really fucked me off. How many more times can AJ survive these awful runs that cost us so many points? The crowd was effected numberswise already yesterday from previous home games so the board surely can not continue to let this go on! AJ out rapid. 

9 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Are you Steve wonder ?

2 hours ago, All-Star-Par said:

Come on now min, as I've stated in my previous post Alloa have had two off the line and Craigens made a fantastic goal saving one on one tackle. Also previously forgot the one in the second half that hit Robinson in the chest so there's another. There is no way anyone can have watched that game and say Alloa didn't deserve to win it. Anything we hit was a passback for their keeper. 

Genuinely can't remember the two off the line tbh, will need to see them in the highlights, that tackle by Craigan came after the daft c**t had played the striker onside by not following the defensive line, it was a good tackle in the end but it would've been a dreadful goal to lose. 

Neither keeper has made any save of note throughout the game, players could perhaps have done better in situations but you could include Dunfermline in that aswell. 

Neither keeper has made any save of note throughout the game, players could perhaps have done better in situations but you could include Dunfermline in that aswell. 

Robinson pulled off a save from close range, right at him but decent save. Should’ve scored.

8 minutes ago, KierenAAFC said:

Robinson pulled off a save from close range, right at him but decent save. Should’ve scored.

Robinson didn't know anything about it, Hyppolyte likewise should've scored in the first half but he put it right at the keeper. 

I think we had the better chances, but we didn't create many and there wasn't much between the two teams in that respect.

In terms of whether it was two points dropped for Alloa, while personally I thought a draw was probably about right, I can understand the view that it was a game we could easily have won. I thought Dunfermline were poor and are there for the taking at the moment.

We certainly didn't play as well as we have been, second half especially. Trouten was again pretty ineffectual, although he did well to play Zanatta in for what should have been a one on one, but Zanatta didn't drive forward quickly enough. He's clearly talented, but his first touch is a bit static.

ETA I'd like to see Kevin Cawley in the number 10 role. By far the most effective player we have for that position.

21 minutes ago, printer said:

ETA I'd like to see Kevin Cawley in the number 10 role. By far the most effective player we have for that position.

I'm not going back  to look at my comment history but I must've said this once on here before.  Cawley through the middle is a dream :wub:

Archived