Dunfermline Athletic vs Alloa Athletic

Hopefully back to winning ways today. I think we may well stick with the 4-4-2 after last weekend's result. 

I would go: 

Robinson

Williamson

Ashcroft

Durnan

J.Longridge

Craigen

Thomson

Vincent

L.Longridge

El Bakhtaoui

Muirhead

Subs: 

Gill

Devine (if fit)

Beadling (if fit)

Higginbotham (if fit)

Connolly

M.Martin

Ryan

It was interesting to see Greig Spence say this week that Alloa need to tighten up defensively and be more clinical at the other end.... Almost sounds identical to Dunfermline's problems! 

Both teams will fancy their chances; both teams like to attack and both clubs have good players going forward. I'm suspecting it'll be an open and end-to-end game. I'm saying 3-1 Dunfermline...

El Bakhtaoui x 2 and Muirhead for the Pars. Spence will score for the visitors. 

COYP! :thumsup2

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that half was a bit shit. Alloa very much a team in their managers image - lots of niggly fouls and going down at the slightest touch. We need to rise above it but we're awful at the moment. We are so painfully slow moving the ball and our forward players seem intent on shooting no matter where they are and how close the Alloa defenders are to them. Alloa have had the better chances and if I was one of their fans (and while I don't like a crowdwank, there aren't many of them considering they're doing well and it's a 20 minute bus ride away) I'd be a bit disappointed not to be leading.

Not sure how I feel about that; point gained or two lost?

We were the better team first half, without playing particularly well. Zanatta was frustrating, going to ground far too easily, looking for fouls. He'd be much more effective if he could cut that out.

Second half was more even. Positive substitutions from Jim G, clearly trying to get all three points, but they didn't help IMO. I thought we could have done with Robbo's energy in the last twenty minutes.

Once again the likes of Andy Graham, Taggs and Parry were completely solid.

58 minutes ago, printer said:

Not sure how I feel about that; point gained or two lost?

We were the better team first half, without playing particularly well. Zanatta was frustrating, going to ground far too easily, looking for fouls. He'd be much more effective if he could cut that out.

Second half was more even. Positive substitutions from Jim G, clearly trying to get all three points, but they didn't help IMO. I thought we could have done with Robbo's energy in the last twenty minutes.

Once again the likes of Andy Graham, Taggs and Parry were completely solid.

Thought Sam Roscoe was excellent at the back, a calming influence and dictating the tempo after only a couole of games. Playing beside Andy Graham obviously helps a lot. Hetherington also played really well in the middle. We matched them in all departments

We were solid as a unit, and spirit was great. We can play better though. But another good point on the road.

Only positive I can think of is that we'll not be the only side to drop home points to Alloa this season. Other than that though? Tough to think of any. A clean sheet I guess, but then only Robinson getting a tad lucky that the ball hit him square on the chest when it looked easier to score kept it clean. Connelly looked lively when he came on, but then Martin did last week and didn't get off the bench today. el Bakhtaoui seems to have a good first touch still, but he keeps trying to do it all himself. A return to 4-1-3-2, but that doesn't suit Jackson Longridge who wasn't able to get forward with any real purpose today. Morton next week is an almost certain loss, then we have the Friday fright night v Partick before we head to Falkirk. This could get messy.

Well that half was a bit shit. Alloa very much a team in their managers image - lots of niggly fouls and going down at the slightest touch.

You need to Face reality as it is, not as it was or as you wish it to be. JG has The players and fans buying into him and players are buying into the vision he is creating. There was only one team up for fight today and it wasn’t the home team.

Two points dropped. We should have won no question. 

Dunfermline on that showing were poor and there for the taking .

Echo the earlier comment about the skids . The best band ever to come out of dunfermline.  Records still vital and have not dated so all. Brilliant front man and genius guitarist. 

Rock n roll and football a potent mix 

You need to Face reality as it is, not as it was or as you wish it to be. JG has The players and fans buying into him and players are buying into the vision he is creating. There was only one team up for fight today and it wasn’t the home team.
Didn't say they weren't (or indeed that Alloa weren't the better team) but there were lots of little clips of ankles and tugging of jerseys, lots of time-wasting and a few "overexaggerated" falls. Thought the ref was reasonably good apart from that, although he was mildly inconsistent with the defenders going over the top of an attacker that didn't jump - we didn't seem to get nearly as many, especially in the second half. I'm not having a go at Alloa or Goodwin incidently - I wanted us to bring him here when he was at St Mirren as he was exactly what we've been crying out for (an actual winner that doesn't give a shit) for a number of seasons. You'll do well to hold on to him at this rate.

Archived