Dumbarton -vs- Montrose. Double Header

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will he go if we lose today? I think he probably won’t, tbh.

Those next four games after this one look even more horrendous now. I got called silly for saying the title was already over, I wonder how many would argue that now?

I would genuinely take just staying up this season.

2 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

IM not there today..just couldnt stomach any more pish and i havent looked at any highlights either in ages.

That’s sad, there’s a real sense of apathy around the club at the moment. I wasn’t even excited for today’s game :(

1 minute ago, lorenzo71 said:

Yep i havent ever felt like this .....not even in 1998 when we came bottom.

I don’t remember that season all that well, given I was 6, but I’m told we actually weren’t quite as bad as you’d have thought that season.

1 minute ago, albundy said:

This. It's so flat on and off the pitch. It's as though everyone has just checked out already.

I imagine the Home end is looking pretty sparse?

Just such a sense of inevitability when that ‘1-0 Montrose’ notification popped up. 

Just now, FifeSons said:

I don’t remember that season all that well, given I was 6, but I’m told we actually weren’t quite as bad as you’d have thought that season.

Correct.We actually played some decent stuff.Thing was funds were being diverted to the new stadium project at that time and we were still traumatised from the 95/96 mauling and jim fallon's 'management'.In those years squads didnt change much.

More of the same I'm afraid.

We seemed to start in a 4-5-1 with Aitchison very isolated. Forbes pinged a few efforts off target, but that aside we didn't do much - and Aitchison was chasing a lot of lost causes. 

With Carsy being forced off and Thommo basically in CM too I thought keeping him there and giving Aitchison some support was probably the best idea. Injured Hutton comes on, shape stays the same. 

Obviously we then get even more torrid luck as Michael Withthebiglongsurnamethatruinedmyinfographic catches Aitchison on the puss and forces him off. Loy comes on, no complaints, but once again he's isolated and played as a targetman.

The injury situation is a joke, and I do feel for Stevie with respect to that, but a wee bit more common sense regarding tactics might not go a miss. For example Ballantyne is clearly better on the ball and going forward than Dyer - so why have we gone down the left near enough every time?

We need to go for it in the second-half. Punt Thommo up top and actually take the game to Montrose. Anything but a victory would top off a totally unacceptable run of home form.

Archived