Dumbarton -vs- Montrose. Double Header

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cammy is a class act .. still gutted you nicked him.
When he came back last year was the point that I actually thought we could go on and win the title. As well as being a class act he provided balance back in the team for me.
Gutted he went as well but we move on.

50 minutes ago, notsofedupendie said:

You could say it was a Montrose  fringe side as not many who started will be in the line up every week. Squad is rotated for cup games but Dumbarton have serious injury problems I understand and which have to be sorted out quick as there are no easy games in L1. My guess is it will be a much changed Montrose side next Saturday.

1 minute ago, MOFOREVER said:

You could say it was a Montrose  fringe side as not many who started will be in the line up every week. Squad is rotated for cup games but Dumbarton have serious injury problems I understand and which have to be sorted out quick as there are no easy games in L1. My guess is it will be a much changed Montrose side next Saturday.

Today only Mango Barr and Michael Paton missed out because of injury, and we were without Scott Allardice and Jack Aitchison who are cup-tied. Now granted a few guys probably aren't 100% fit (Ballantyne for one, despite how well he did) but the injury situation isn't as horrific now as it was a few weeks ago - so don't let that take away from your victory and performance today.

The main positives today were that we managed to get through a match with no additions to the injury list, Ballantyne showed us some signs of what he will offer once fully fit, and in turn Ross Forbes also showed a lot more of what he is capable of today.

Again, I was disappointed with Loy's touch and ability (lack of) to keep possession at times. I really hope he drops out next week for Aitchison to come back into the starting line up. If we could just get Mango fit it would really allow us to start settling our back 4 - something I am hoping will really stop us losing such stupid goals.

So, positives. Cammy Ballantyne.

Negatives. Another loss. A poor, gutless performance which will sapp morale more, if that's even possible.

The lack of a backbone from the team, who as others have said, look like they aren't playing for the manager, and the manager himself failing to take responsibility.

It's got to the stage now that I'm actually hoping we lose next week for the appropriate action to be taken. And that's a horrible feeling to have. But its where we're at. There's just too much happened for Aitken to have a way back. It's a sorry state of affairs but I fear John Steele and the board need to take action and pronto to avoid an absolute catastrophe.

5 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Going by those highlights, anyone who doesn't think Forbes should play as many minutes as possible (looking at you Stevie Aitken) should have their head read.

He either created pretty much every chance we had, or he was the chance.

He had a good game yesterday. But there is no denying the 2 weeks before it he was absolute guff. If you read my post before I've said that if we can see more of yesterday and less of the weeks before then great for everyone.

Not sure if you were at Stenhousemuir but he made 10x as many mistake (falling over the ball, easily shoved off it or passing straight to the opposition) in the 15 mins he was on the Park than he did yesterday. So the criticism he received afterwards was deserved last week.

1 hour ago, squeezeboxson said:

He had a good game yesterday. But there is no denying the 2 weeks before it he was absolute guff. If you read my post before I've said that if we can see more of yesterday and less of the weeks before then great for everyone.

Not sure if you were at Stenhousemuir but he made 10x as many mistake (falling over the ball, easily shoved off it or passing straight to the opposition) in the 15 mins he was on the Park than he did yesterday. So the criticism he received afterwards was deserved last week.

Yeah, I was at Stenny,  Squuezebox. It was hard to pick out who was worse than who, tbh!

That was an interesting read. Always nice to see someone else's point of view, particularly an unbiased one.

Unfortunately you used the term 'catastrophic defending' there and nobody can have any argument with that description. It's however alarming that last season we were solid as the rock we play beneath, but this season at a lower level, we're all at sea. We have to ask why is that?

And you mention "if Dumbarton had shown the same urgency throughout that they showed in the last ten minutes that the result could have been different".

Again, no argument from me on that score. But sadly we've shown little urgency in any competitive game situation at all this season, which is very alarming to see.

Now the second part of this billed double-header looms large.

I don't know many Sons who are looking forward to this, but there's got to be huge pressure on the manager and the team to get a result in this.

Despite the recent statement from our chairman, I'd imagine a less than positive result might equal another statement of a different nature being issued...

Now the second part of this billed double-header looms large.

I don't know many Sons who are looking forward to this, but there's got to be huge pressure on the manager and the team to get a result in this.

Despite the recent statement from our chairman, I'd imagine a less than positive result might equal another statement of a different nature being issued...

If, as some think, the players have downed tools then there is only one very predictable outcome.

Archived