Dumbarton -vs- Montrose. Double Header

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll just say what I say every week. We look decent when we knock the ball about, but there's very little urgency at all. The place is just so damn flat, it feels like a pre-season game.

Carswell and Spencer have a good dynamic. Nice to have two central midfielders who can run, and both have bailed out Dowie a couple of times. That aside there's been very little to report. Montrose are like the Angus Azzurri. Sturdy defensively, know when to concede cheap fouls and then happy to slowly build play up going forward.

I'll use a horrible clichè, but we don't look like a team playing for the manager.

No urgency until the final 5 minutes. No final ball. On the odd occasion there was a final ball the finishing was shocking. Forbes was unlucky with the one that hit the post but that was about it. Little was shocking when he came on, and the dive was about as blatant as you'll see. I don't know how you boys that go every week do it.

^^^^ about 40ish I would say.

Wasn't expecting that after seeing the teamsheet and another eclectic jazz-fusion line up, but will gladly take winning a niggardly game. I don't think there's a huge amount between the two teams, but apart from the last five minutes Dumbarton didn't give us much to worry about (despite hitting the bar twice). They kept the ball a little bit better, but didn't do much with it. We did enough today, and glad to see Bolo back in the side. Would expect a slight reshuffle next week with the loanees back in play.

Loy :lol:

Adam :lol::lol:

9 minutes ago, Scorge said:

^^^^ about 40ish I would say.

Wasn't expecting that after seeing the teamsheet and another eclectic jazz-fusion line up, but will gladly take winning a niggardly game. I don't think there's a huge amount between the two teams, but apart from the last five minutes Dumbarton didn't give us much to worry about (despite hitting the bar twice). They kept the ball a little bit better, but didn't do much with it. We did enough today, and glad to see Bolo back in the side. Would expect a slight reshuffle next week with the loanees back in play.

Loy :lol:

Adam :lol::lol:

Liking those buzzwords "eclectic jazz-fusion line up" "niggardly game"

Fancy a job, managing a newly relegated from The Championship club??

:lol:

42 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

Did any Mo fans make the trip? It looks like SP experimented with the starting 11. How did we look?

Out of interest, how many of the guys who started for you today were regulars?

I compared your teamsheet today with last week, and only Iain Campbell and Matty Allan kept their place. Given we were pretty close to full-strength on paper Stevie can have no excuses about our injury situation if we were effectively playing a Montrose XI.

Out of interest, how many of the guys who started for you today were regulars?
I compared your teamsheet today with last week, and only Iain Campbell and Matty Allan kept their place. Given we were pretty close to full-strength on paper Stevie can have no excuses about our injury situation if we were effectively playing a Montrose XI.

It’s a difficult one to answer as SP tends to adopt a squad approach and mixes and matches depending on who we’re playing). The only definite starters (when everyone is fit) in that team would be Matty and Bolo (who’s been injured). That said there’s not a huge difference in quality between our first 11 and what was on the park today.

Archived