Dumbarton -vs- Montrose. Double Header

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Old Scrotum said:

I'd set up to have a real good go, depending on who is available. Forbes to start, dropping one of the Glimmer Twins. Barr wide (ON THE LEFT). McGowan a must - let's see what he has. And Russell in the role Aitchison played last Saturday, hassling and pulling their defence all over the park from a central position. Yes, I'm missing out the back line but as I'm not sure who will be fit..... But if we play the game in their half does it matter? (okay, yes it does,but you know what I mean.)

Forbes starting is hardly going to make us rush forward at every chance but that isn't the opinion of every sons fans I'll accept.

Drop one of who?? You are aware that Carswell isn't fit - assuming you mean Carswell and Hutton at CM pairing? Barr has been playing wide left in every match since the Morton game... the goalkeeper debate is one which everyone agrees with but won't make a difference in how we attack. Although he can't give possession away as much as Adam does from kick out... can he??

In my honest opinion if we want to have a real go the change I would make is Callum Gallagher for Rory Loy. Gallagher looks 100 times more likely to score right now. I think him and Russell could work quite well together too.

8 hours ago, squeezeboxson said:

Barr has been playing wide left in every match since the Morton game...

But when he gets switched to the right (2nd half last Saturday) he is nowhere near as effective.

I can agree with Gallagher for Loy, especially if Russell can drag the defenders all over the place.

7 hours ago, Old Scrotum said:

But when he gets switched to the right (2nd half last Saturday) he is nowhere near as effective.

I can agree with Gallagher for Loy, especially if Russell can drag the defenders all over the place.

The whole team got worse as the game progressed and I don't think you can pick point that switch as the reason.

Its beyond sad JM.We should be THE team to beat but we are well and truly aboard the jim fallon lowand league express.Unless we change the driver....

3 minutes ago, Jumbo Muir said:

Scalp my arse. The rest of the league see us as an easy win ffs.

Archived