The New Saints of Oswestry Town & Llansantffraid v Queen's Park

A Welsh team playing a Scottish team in England. What's the odds on an Irish referee?

Haven't seen any TNS fans on the forum thread yet so here's our very own match thread. Queen's are playing well given our squad was decimated a few months ago and hopefully the release of pressure that comes with League games will provide the difference in front of goal. TNS undoubtedly the favourites and our lads have a lengthy journey to cope with too but in a contest where a draw can get you into the next round anything can happen. Hope the guys enjoy the experience. I'm sure the travelling fans will.

2-2 win for QP.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I'll be supporting TNS since I'd like a 'European' away trip north of the border this year.  But best of luck to Queens Park.  I've a (very) soft spot for the club, and can regularly be seen sporting a QP home shirt around the streets of North Wales :) .  Very split loyalties for the game

10 minutes ago, algy said:

Well, I'll be supporting TNS since I'd like a 'European' away trip north of the border this year.  But best of luck to Queens Park.  I've a (very) soft spot for the club, and can regularly be seen sporting a QP home shirt around the streets of North Wales :) .  Very split loyalties for the game

Join us at the game. We'll be at the singing and dancing end.

A Welsh team playing a Scottish team in England. What's the odds on an Irish referee?
Haven't seen any TNS fans on the forum thread yet so here's our very own match thread. Queen's are playing well given our squad was decimated a few months ago and hopefully the release of pressure that comes with League games will provide the difference in front of goal. TNS undoubtedly the favourites and our lads have a lengthy journey to cope with too but in a contest where a draw can get you into the next round anything can happen. Hope the guys enjoy the experience. I'm sure the travelling fans will.
2-2 win for QP.
It was an Irish ref when we played both Welsh teams in last year's tournament so there's every chance it'll still be the case this season.

Absolutely gutted I can't make it. That said, the fact it's a 7:45pm K.O. on a Saturday night is absolutely scandalous. (Boreham Wood v Dunfermline k.o. is 1pm for Scottish fans!) Just shows TV comes before fans at all levels of the game unfortunately...

So I'll be watching at home in front of the TV with my top on, my Welsh dictionary out and a few beers in the fridge. Best of luck to the lads and I hope all the faithful who head down have a brilliant time!

Keep the Faith!

Would love to have gone down but have to be at home this weekend. Don't go to as many games anymore, be interested to know how fans are  getting down there ? I know we have a supporters bus going down. This is going to be a really tough game but Gus tends to set us up really well for this sort of standard of opposition. Looking forward to seeing us on live on telly. We haven't been live very often but i've tended to be at the game before.

3 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

One bus going and quite a number by train and car.

Should be a great day. I've heard that Gus' shouts are giving the Welsh translators a challenge.

Guaranteed to be a great day. I'll worry about the drive home when the time comes. Carpe diem. Guys on the train will be wrecked by teatime :lol:

On 04/09/2018 at 11:25, DundeeSpider1867 said:

Absolutely gutted I can't make it. That said, the fact it's a 7:45pm K.O. on a Saturday night is absolutely scandalous. (Boreham Wood v Dunfermline k.o. is 1pm for Scottish fans!) Just shows TV comes before fans at all levels of the game unfortunately...

So I'll be watching at home in front of the TV with my top on, my Welsh dictionary out and a few beers in the fridge. Best of luck to the lads and I hope all the faithful who head down have a brilliant time!

Keep the Faith!

You may of course choose to listen to the Welsh commentary but from recall the coverage had the option of a commentary in English when we played there last year. Anyway good luck to the Spiders.

10 hours ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

I've supported the Sons since 1970 and Oswestry was one of my best memories in all that time. Good luck to the jolly auld Queens!

Break your duck that day did you :lol:? If you can remember being there you obviously weren't pished (this entire weekend will be a blank for some of our support), so presumably a tingle of nostalgia about the old Nat King Cole?

Archived