R*ng*rs vs. Dees, Saturday 15th Sept

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, BobWilliamson said:

You knew I was correct all along 

Nah, absolute pish.

A bigger percentage of diddy fans go to support their teams than is the case for the OF clubs.

It's a source of national shame that so many identify as OF supporters.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Nah, absolute pish.

1. A bigger percentage of diddy fans go to support their teams than is the case for the OF clubs.

2. It's a source of national shame that so many identify as OF supporters.

1.  You are right.  I haven't stats to back it up but, anecdotally,  you don't seem to get anything  the same number of armchair QotS fans as the likes of me - fans in (now) name and Rangers TV only.  I have to take issue with the estimable Boab on this point.

2. That's entirely moot.  Folk can identify with whichever club they want, surely?  When I browsed through the threads earlier there was some fool berating, of all things, people from Livingston supporting Rangers rather than Livi.  This is idiocy writ large.  There are folk from West Lothian who have supported Rangers longer than Livingston has been a town!

13 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

1.  You are right.  I haven't stats to back it up but, anecdotally,  you don't seem to get anything  the same number of armchair QotS fans as the likes of me - fans in (now) name and Rangers TV only.  I have to take issue with the estimable Boab on this point.

2. That's entirely moot.  Folk can identify with whichever club they want, surely?  When I browsed through the threads earlier there was some fool berating, of all things, people from Livingston supporting Rangers rather than Livi.  This is idiocy writ large.  There are folk from West Lothian who have supported Rangers longer than Livingston has been a town!

1.  Correct, save the misuse of 'estimable'.

2.  Well of course people can identify with whichever club they want.  Similar freedoms however, enable us to judge them for it.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

1.  Correct, save the misuse of 'estimable'.

2.  Well of course people can identify with whichever club they want.  Similar freedoms however, enable us to judge them for it.

Sure, but only a fool would judge the right number of fans who should be supporting a team.  You stating 'too many' puts you in the same camp as Boab stating 'not enough'.  

I won't necessarily judge people for who they support, after all, football is just a sport and we're all prone to supporting certain teams/people in sport who we have no connection too. 

It's the rattlers who, for instance, have lived in Perth their entire life, yet spend more of their time mocking Saints fans for "supporting a shite club"/"having no fans" than they do actually supporting the clubs they claim to "love", that I'd happily slate. 

The ‘local club’ thing is a tired jibe by people who think they hold some sort of moral high ground for supporting the club closest to where they live/come from, irrespective of size or success. It makes for a more ‘authentic fan experience’ don’t cha think? Most people just get on with it. It’s only the tedious bores that complain about fans opting for a club 50 miles away.
I’ve a pal in Belfast who travels over to watch Leeds United home and away EVERY week. The connection might come from when they had a decent side in the 60’s/70’s but does it mark him out as a glory hunter over 40 years later, rather than following his local club Crusaders? Mental.

Archived