St Johnstone v Aberdeen, Saturday 15th September

2 hours ago, naegoodinthedark said:

I haven’t heard of most of those players, so I expect a comfortable Dons victory.

I believe that logic is sound.

Impeccable.

none of them are considered good enough by the agriculturalists to start ahead of Richard Foster.  They might not play in the same position, but so what? They must be shit.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aberdeen are now full of cloggers and cast offs, while we've created a young vibrant squad full of pace.

Funny how things change.

Stevie May and Tony Watt absolute NAPs to score.

Keep the same eleven playing who've won us the last two games, McInnes is bound to out think himself and set them up in some bizarre formation to compensate for the lack of defenders.

12 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aberdeen are now full of cloggers and cast offs, while we've created a young vibrant squad full of pace.

Funny how things change.

Stevie May and Tony Watt absolute NAPs to score.

Keep the same eleven playing who've won us the last two games, McInnes is bound to out think himself and set them up in some bizarre formation to compensate for the lack of defenders.

Ermm no.

I love St Johnstone away, it is a great day out! 

We really do have a right injury crisis at the moment especially in defence - I do hope that McKenna is fit for Saturday as not that confident if we have a Ball/Considine partnership. Not very confident this weekend but hopefully we can get a result. 

Aberdeen tickets sold out. However, tickets will be available on the day. There is no mention of another stand being made available to away fans, so no idea how this works.

Probably just open the other stand behind the goal for Aberdeen fans and put families into the main stand.

1 minute ago, DrewDon said:

Announce St Johnstone 0-3 Aberdeen. 

TBF you beat us by that not too long ago. 13th December 2017 to be precise.

Probably sad but I enjoy looking at how different squads are when I end up looking back on games. Teams were..

St Johnstone: Clark, Foster, Shaughnessy, Anderson, Tanser, O'Halloran, Davidson, Paton, Wotherspoon, Scougall, MacLean ; Alston, Thomson, Cummins

Aberdeen: Lewis, Logan, O'Connor, McKenna, Shinnie, Arnason, McLean, Stewart, May, Christie, Rooney ; Considine, GMS, Maynard

Players in italics are ones who are likely to start. Of our fourteen, five have left, Aberdeen have lost seven.

I reckon our current team would beat the team we have there. Not sure how Aberdeen fans feel.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Probably sad but I enjoy looking at how different squads are when I end up looking back on games. Teams were..

St Johnstone: Clark, Foster, Shaughnessy, Anderson, Tanser, O'Halloran, Davidson, Paton, Wotherspoon, Scougall, MacLean ; Alston, Thomson, Cummins

Aberdeen: Lewis, Logan, O'Connor, McKenna, Shinnie, Arnason, McLean, Stewart, May, Christie, Rooney ; Considine, GMS, Maynard

Players in italics are ones who are likely to start. Of our fourteen, five have left, Aberdeen have lost seven.

I reckon our current team would beat the team we have there. Not sure how Aberdeen fans feel.

Saints do look stronger this season, and Watt has so far proved to be a good signing. We badly miss McLean's creativity and his ability to link the midfield and attack. McKenna was back in full training today, so hopefully he will be available for Saturday - Ball and Considine certainly did not cover themselves in glory as a centre-back partnership against Kilmarnock after Devlin was sent off. 

In all seriousness, we won't be winning this one 3-0. If we do win, it will likely be by a solitary goal. I think 1-1 is a good prediction. 

10 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

We haven’t adequately replaced Maynard. 

14 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Aberdeen tickets sold out. However, tickets will be available on the day. There is no mention of another stand being made available to away fans, so no idea how this works.

Do you know how many you’ve sold?

The away stand behind the goal is 1900, with the north end of the Main Stand being another 900ish, so I’m guessing that would be 2800 if that was your initial allocation.

If you get the Ormond Stand as well, that would be a further 1900.

The only game between us at McD last season was on a horrible midweek night in mid-December, when the attendance was only 2911. Hopefully we double that this Saturday, as we rely on the woolly pound, and the Dons are usually comfortably the biggest away support at McDiarmid after the OF.

Be good to see a few extra Saints fans turn out for this one, with our recent signings, decent home performances and the fact that it’s a Saturday 3pm KO, surely there will be a few extra people come along...

3 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Do you know how many you’ve sold?

The away stand behind the goal is 1900, with the north end of the Main Stand being another 900ish, so I’m guessing that would be 2800 if that was your initial allocation.

If you get the Ormond Stand as well, that would be a further 1900.

The only game between us at McD last season was on a horrible midweek night in mid-December, when the attendance was only 2911. Hopefully we double that this Saturday, as we rely on the woolly pound, and the Dons are usually comfortably the biggest away support at McDiarmid after the OF.

Be good to see a few extra Saints fans turn out for this one, with our recent signings, decent home performances and the fact that it’s a Saturday 3pm KO, surely there will be a few extra people come along...

When I went in to buy my tickets, we seemed to have the whole of the North Stand for general sale, and the section of the Main Stand nearest the away support as the Family Stand, which had to be bought via the club.

25 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

When I went in to buy my tickets, we seemed to have the whole of the North Stand for general sale, and the section of the Main Stand nearest the away support as the Family Stand, which had to be bought via the club.

Ok so that will be about 2800 then I think. I would imagine you’ll get a good bit of the Ormond (south) Stand as well, cos we’ve never got more than a couple of hundred in there.

I always think McDiarmid starts to become a far far better ground to be in with crowds of around 6000 upwards (packed full of OF fans excluded).  Hopefully we can manage to get that on Saturday.

St Johnstone are normally a tough fixture for us, but last season we beat them 3-0 and 4-1 at Pittodrie, and 3-0 at McDiarmid.

Given the respective starts to the season, and the stoppy-starty nature of our team selections (including brutally unmerited suspensions) - I reckon a dire 1-1 draw here, and AFC to be relieved to even get that.

Unless of course Manyoo wonderkid James Wilson bursts into life and starts ripping apart the teams in our pub league......

First game in pretty much a year on Saturday, been swayed to give 23 pounds to watch Danny Swanson play association football once again. Fucking brutal that there isn't a student price for match day tickets at McDiarmid. Just turned 20 and I'm not a dwarf however I'll be practicing my pre-pubic voice all of Saturday in an attempt to save a tenner.
Last game I went to was last October I think but we were that shite that I have genuinely forgotten all about it. On paper Saints have a team that should genuinely excite the support this year.
My dad has been raving about Tony watt and I am very excited to watch him in an actual match.

Big test for Saints with a horrible run of games coming up against Hearts, Rangers and Celtic twice. These next 5 games should give an indication if we can push on and challenge into the top 6 against the 4 best teams in the league.

Will be interesting to see how Tommy manages a new challenge for Saints - options. I could genuinely name two teams for Saturday. Hopefully he doesn't go with 3 at the back again against Aberdeen as that caused most of our pumpings last season!

Big choices I see are does he stick with Craig and Alston in the middle or bring in one of Callachan or Nydam and  does  he stick with McMillan or Swanson. 

I think he'll play it safe and stick with the same team as last time.

Archived