St Johnstone v Aberdeen, Saturday 15th September

This. I don't mind Aberdeen, McInnes or some of their fans, but there's definitely a percentage who still see themselves as the all conquering European team who can pump teams like Saints by four or five every time. 
A silky footballing outfit doesn't have absolutely carthorses like Considine and Cosgrove in it. 
Fwiw I don't think they looked any weaker, or stronger, than Hibs this season. Their battle with Celtic, Rangers, Hibs and Hearts at the top should be tighter than the media are making out. Only issue they have is up front, May has never been a lone striker, and Cosgrove is genuinely Fallon-esque. I'd be screaming for McGinn and GMS either side of Anderson and May, you'd be open as f**k but youd run over half the teams in the league through sheer movement up front. McInnes is too "safe" to do that, though. 

To be honest I think there’s just an element of our support that will moan at any given opportunity. Unless were clear at the top of the league McInnes and the team are shitebags.

Last season our form against 9 out of the other 11 was outstanding but folk disliked the team because our OF record was poor.

2 seasons ago we finished 2nd behind an unstoppable Celtic in every competition but we still bottled it apparently.

3 seasons ago we ‘shat it’ from deila’s celtic team despite breaking the points record of any team out with the OF.

Now you could argue any of those negatives but ultimately McInnes cannot win with large sections of our support and he will eventually leave because of it.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

Lets be honest, that Aberdeen side will be lucky to make top 6.

Correct, a number of roasters in our support thinking we should and perhaps will finish above Rangers as well as being a couple players short of a title challenge. We won't have a striker scoring more than 6 goals this season.

We’ve been second four seasons in a row, and in two of those seasons we had six points after the first five games.

I saw enough in the second half on Alba to suggest there’s no reason we can’t finish that high again - albeit that will maybe rely on Wilson being the real deal when he eventually gets a run of games.

If St Johnstone fans are commenting on our physicality then that's a win from me. Too often in the last two seasons we've been physically outfought. If we can add that to our game it will be to our benefit. 

This season's had a bit of a false start with the amount of injuries and suspensions. A lot to work on sure, but the fact that we're unbeaten in games where we've kept eleven men on the pitch gives me confidence going forward. We certainly look solid at the back, Lowe in particular looks a good addition. Hope we can keep him for the whole season. 

Creativity is a big issue, but with Wilson coming back in (hopefully), we can improve on  this going forward. 

37 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

If St Johnstone fans are commenting on our physicality then that's a win from me. Too often in the last two seasons we've been physically outfought. If we can add that to our game it will be to our benefit. 

This season's had a bit of a false start with the amount of injuries and suspensions. A lot to work on sure, but the fact that we're unbeaten in games where we've kept eleven men on the pitch gives me confidence going forward. We certainly look solid at the back, Lowe in particular looks a good addition. Hope we can keep him for the whole season. 

Creativity is a big issue, but with Wilson coming back in (hopefully), we can improve on  this going forward. 

From my point of view, certainly, it's not a dig. There's too many fans of all clubs that have this idea that their club plays this unique style of sizzling sexy football and that Saints, and others, are nothing but cloggers.

This mentality mostly seems to come from fans of clubs who we continually seem to outpunch and, perversely, some Aberdeen fans.

For what it's worth from what i have seen so far this season this season, Saints are far from cloggers, and if we are, so are everyone else. 

54 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Why have St Johnstone swapped what end the away fans are usually in?

New slip road off the bypass goes around the back of the North, and the fuds working on it cracked a mains pipe that runs to that stand. 

No working toilets = No fans allowed. 

Just seen the highlights, looks like Aberdeen should've had a penalty at the end, Alston contacts GMS' foot and that gives the ball the movement as of Alston had touched it, hard for Collum to see that but surely the linesman should? 

Still no idea why the Callachan one wasn't given, no contact but making a boy hurdle out the way of a challenge is surely "impeding" him? You go lunging in at shin height and the player jumps out the way you still get sent off. 

Think the result is a fair one as although we had most of the ball in the first half felt that we did nothing attacking wise while St Johnstone had 3 or 4 chances. 2nd half we created quite a few  chances. Both looked pens to me but it is typical Collum  referee performance! 

With Ferguson missing we had 8 players missing on Saturday and I do hope we get a few back for the Motherwell game - never thought I would see Considine playing right handed side of the Centre Back role. The injuries couldn't come at a worst time for us but I hope some clear up although it is becoming critical that we pick-up results as a bit behind our rivals now.

16 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Just seen the highlights, looks like Aberdeen should've had a penalty at the end, Alston contacts GMS' foot and that gives the ball the movement as of Alston had touched it, hard for Collum to see that but surely the linesman should? 

Still no idea why the Callachan one wasn't given, no contact but making a boy hurdle out the way of a challenge is surely "impeding" him? You go lunging in at shin height and the player jumps out the way you still get sent off. 

Was Spoony but yeah a definite pen. At the time I was close and thought it was a pen. When you see it back though Collum's angle made it nearly impossible to give - although he got it wrong nonetheless. 

"Not enough contact" excuse from Collum re our shout is a joke. He tried hurdling him to avoid being nailed. By Not leaving his foot in to gain a penalty and being penalised then Collum saying that it just encourages players to leave their foot in to manufacture a decision.

Can probably tell shit like that annoys me. 

Archived