St Johnstone v Aberdeen, Saturday 15th September

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Willie Collum man, awards us a penalty then two seconds later decides its a goal kick. 

Alston breaking on goal, knocks the ball past someone, gets his leg swiped, slides into player he's just beaten. Free kick Aberdeen. 

It's a total fucking roll of the diceif you're getting a decision of him or being fucked over. I genuinely consider not going to matches he's reffing these days. 

We went toe to toe with one of the best teams in the country, frustrated we couldn't win it but we should give top six a good go based on that. 

12 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

That's a stonewall penalty. 

Was that the one on GMS? He'd probably have more chance of getting them if he didn't spend the preceeding 90 minutes launching himself about tbh. In saying that he got a free kick by absolutely hurling himself forward when the nearest saints player was two yards behind him.

#WillieCollumThings

Would’ve taken a draw before kick off. I wasn’t at the game but the games seems to have turned half time sub(s)? Callachan and Alston would be fine beside a more defensive player to anchor but I didn’t see that working and it seemed to allow Aberdeen back into the game. 

8 points going into the run we’ve got coming up is a pretty decent total. 

1 minute ago, kent_don said:

If you mean the one in front of Dons fans - Collum never pointed to the spot, pointed to goal kick and didn’t change his mind.

Maybe just my angle tbh. Be interested to see it again on tv, looked a stonewaller from the East stand. 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Was that the one on GMS? He'd probably have more chance of getting them if he didn't spend the preceeding 90 minutes launching himself about tbh. In saying that he got a free kick by absolutely hurling himself forward when the nearest saints player was two yards behind him.

#WillieCollumThings

When you look at the replays, you will realise that it wasn't the Aberdeen players who were 'launching themselves about' today. Saints could easily have had two bookings for simulation in our box in the second half. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
7 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

1-1 - that'll do me. 

If you're happy with that, you're going to be ecstatic over the coming months given the number of draws we'll have.

We were abysmal 1st half, better 2nd half once McGinn decided he could be arsed. 

Given the hubris from the tractor boys on here, I expected a lot more from St Johnstone. What we got was the same insipid, clogging shite that they're famous for. I saw nothing more from them than last season.....was Watt playing ? Never saw him kick the ball. 

That's irrelevant though. The reason we didn't thrash them again is because we've gone backwards. As I said earlier, it's criminal that we haven't strengthened up front. 

Just now, Kyle said:

Would’ve taken a draw before kick off. I wasn’t at the game but the games seems to have turned half time sub(s)? Callachan and Alston would be fine beside a more defensive player to anchor but I didn’t see that working and it seemed to allow Aberdeen back into the game. 

8 points going into the run we’ve got coming up is a pretty decent total. 

Aberdeen effectively went four up front after half time, then five up front after that. We struggled to get a grip of the ball at all, with no space at all for our defenders/midfielders, and McKenna/Considine won every long ball. 

Just now, DrewDon said:

When you look at the replays, you will realise that it wasn't the Aberdeen players who were 'launching themselves about' today. Saints could easily have had two bookings for simulation in our box in the second half. 

So could May, his dive in the first half was absolutely pathetic. McKenna at long throws in was equally hilarious, got one hand round Tansers neck and the other going behind him dragging Shaughnessys shorts, then goes sprinting to the ref expecting a penalty. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
Just now, DrewDon said:

Collum actually got all the big decisions right. 

The one that the Random Aberdeen hater guy is talking about was never a penalty in a million years. The guy jumped over Lewis and fell down. 

5 minutes before that the Saints player was lucky not to be yellow carded for a laughable wee dive.

Wasn't a penalty in the last minute either, the Saints player got the ball. 

2 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

If you're happy with that, you're going to be ecstatic over the coming months given the number of draws we'll have.

We were abysmal 1st half, better 2nd half once McGinn decided he could be arsed. 

Given the hubris from the tractor boys on here, I expected a lot more from St Johnstone. What we got was the same insipid, clogging shite that they're famous for. I saw nothing more from them than last season.....was Watt playing ? Never saw him kick the ball. 

That's irrelevant though. The reason we didn't thrash them again is because we've gone backwards. As I said earlier, it's criminal that we haven't strengthened up front. 

Not necessarily - trailing as we were 1-0, I was just relieved to get a point. I didn't say I was happy, I said it'll do me. :)

2 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Wasn't a penalty in the last minute either, the Saints player got the ball. 

I thought he did at first, too; having seen the replay, though, it looks as if Mackay-Steven beats Alston to the ball and Alston then catches his foot. 

Still, long story short: one win in five isn't good enough. Perhaps time to ditch the 4-2-3-1 and go more attacking. 

Thought Saints looked solid. Usually Difficult to beat at home and will do better then last season.

We are rubbish right now. May is never a lone striker and won’t ‘come good’. 2nd choice Cosgrove hasn’t shown he can score. Why can’t Gleeson play a full game? McGinn good freekick but is a shadow of the player that left. Forrester injured at half time?

Couldn’t tell on the pens. GMS was the other end  one and the other, there could have easily been a touch there.

Collum was  Collum - bad all round.

Archived