St Johnstone v Aberdeen, Saturday 15th September

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So we have Devlin, Reynolds, Hoban, Tansey, Wright, Ross and Wilson out tomorrow. Manager mentioned 7 or 8 injured so hopefully no-one else out as we are going to have a very youthful  bench tomorrow. Not that confident with tomorrow match due to the amount of injuries out - will have to hope McGinn and GMS perform in the wide areas and both don't get injured as we have no-one else apart from either May or Anderson moving out to that position. 

10 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

No doubt a tear-stained AFC statement is on its way.

I see what you’ve done there. You’ve tried to twist round a major problem caused by St Johnstone, into a dig at Aberdeen. Superb thinking!

2 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

We don't need defenders. This is apparently the worst St. Johnstone team in 10 years.

Isn't it?

If 'the worst St. Johnstone team in 10 years' is another way of saying 'the most expensive St. Johnstone team in history', you are absolutely correct. 

giphy.gif

I'd guess at this for McInnes' team: Lewis; Logan, Ball, McKenna, Lowe; Gleeson, Shinnie; McGinn, Ferguson, Mackay-Steven; May. 

Pleasing to have McKenna back available. McInnes might bite the bullet and start Anderson instead of May, but he has said previously that he prefers using Anderson as an impact substitute.

2 hours ago, DrewDon said:

I'd guess at this for McInnes' team: Lewis; Logan, Ball, McKenna, Lowe; Gleeson, Shinnie; McGinn, Ferguson, Mackay-Steven; May. 

Pleasing to have McKenna back available. McInnes might bite the bullet and start Anderson instead of May, but he has said previously that he prefers using Anderson as an impact substitute.

Unless I’m missing something, Considine will be alongside McKenna, even though he is left footed. I think that Anderson will start.

18 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Unless I’m missing something, Considine will be alongside McKenna, even though he is left footed. I think that Anderson will start.

I think McInnes will want a right-footer beside McKenna, but you might be correct. Neither could have too many complaints about being left out after the Kilmarnock game. 

17 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I see what you’ve done there. You’ve tried to twist round a major problem caused by St Johnstone, into a dig at Aberdeen. Superb thinking!

A major problem? A water leak... So you've got to sit in another stand which is identical to the one you were gonna be in anyway.  Pipe doon ya drama queen.

Caused by St. Johnstone, how would you know what caused it? I live 5 mins away and I've no idea...

Guest Bob Mahelp

Wilson rapidly turning into the ultimate banter signing. Hardly played a game of football in the last 2 years and is permanently injured. 

Leaves us with May, Cosgrove and Anderson. If these 3 manage more than 10 goals between them all season then I'll buy a white horse and ride up and down my street shouting FTP.

On top of that, responsibility for creating all our chances lies solely with GMS. Shut him out the game and all we're left with is a lot of huff and puff. 

It's criminal that we're left with so few attacking options.

God, I'm cheery this morning. Bah.

Archived