Queen of the South v Crusaders

BIGdavieT

We took a bit if time to get going but eased into a four goal lead and I was looking for Dobbie to add a few more after the break.  That second half performance though was utterly hellish,  we came out looking happy to sit on what should have been a comfortable lead.  Fair play to Crusaders who turned the game on its head after the break,  trying to restore the a bit of pride and pulling three goals back to make for a nervy finish.  It's maybe just the diddy cup,  and obviously other things take priority,   but the performance in the second half was definitely well below what we would expect from those 11 players.  My MoM (1st half anyway)  was Dykes.  Sadly very few pass marks after the break for any Queens player. We can't afford to switch off like that against the likes of Ross County next week. 

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is there an earlier ferry?...
That's why QoS fans don't do smug!

Job done but that 2nd half performance was far below the standards the players have had the last 2 (and a half) games. In their defence, I thought Jacobs was fouled twice before their first and the penalty was an awful decision. Mercer will only know what he was trying to do for the first. No injuries and a win, have to be happy with that, the former in particular.

Good bunch of supporters from Belfast, all well behaved barring one moron who got in among our support. I'm not sure whether he attacked anyone but he was ejected soon after. Incredibly, a steward followed the boy from the away support section and was right behind him all the way along our section. Now, surely they have to at least keep an eye on that supporter? Especially considering he looked like a casual. Other than that a good bunch who got right behind their side even at 4 down. Hope they have a safe journey home.

Strange game Queens started poor Martin had a good double save Crusaders passed the ball well then Queens got the goal it seemed to wake Queens up  but even after that Crusaders hit the bar then Queens played some great footbal to go in 4 nil up.

The 2nd half Crusaders as you would expect came at Queens Jacobs lost the ball when there was a simple pass back on goal .

Crusaders then got a pen the ball hit Doyle on the arm but it was never a pen Doyle had his arm by his side .

After that Martin had a good save  but then we looked like we would see the game out but Mercer  made a mistake now 4-3 .

It was a long 5 minutes but we won the game which in a Cup Tie is all that matters 

That's why QoS fans don't do smug!

Job done but that 2nd half performance was far below the standards the players have had the last 2 (and a half) games. In their defence, I thought Jacobs was fouled twice before their first and the penalty was an awful decision. Mercer will only know what he was trying to do for the first. No injuries and a win, have to be happy with that, the former in particular.

Good bunch of supporters from Belfast, all well behaved barring one moron who got in among our support. I'm not sure whether he attacked anyone but he was ejected soon after. Incredibly, a steward followed the boy from the away support section and was right behind him all the way along our section. Now, surely they have to at least keep an eye on that supporter? Especially considering he looked like a casual. Other than that a good bunch who got right behind their side even at 4 down. Hope they have a safe journey home.

What on earth were the stewards doing letting him walk freely into the home end where he tried to have a go at a younger supporter. That’s two weeks in a row the away end stewards have failed to do their job correctly. Unfortunately the young team did react a little today but who can blame them when being antagonised like that.

What on earth were the stewards doing letting him walk freely into the home end where he tried to have a go at a younger supporter. That’s two weeks in a row the away end stewards have failed to do their job correctly. Unfortunately the young team did react a little today but who can blame them when being antagonised like that.
Indeed. I can appreciate unless in colours it may be difficult as they let away fans use our food stall. But as I say, a steward was right behind the guy when he left the away section. How she never at least had the sense to keep an eye on where he was going is baffling.

Indeed. I can appreciate unless in colours it may be difficult as they let away fans use our food stall. But as I say, a steward was right behind the guy when he left the away section. How she never at least had the sense to keep an eye on where he was going is baffling.

The so called young team have been brilliantly this season. The last thing we want is any of them to get involved with such nonsense. Any bad eggs among them are not welcome

Our Stewards in shitebagging it shocker!

Crusaders casual got all the way into the terracing?!
Yip. And given he had a wee go at half time trying to get a reaction from our support on the way back from the food stall, you'd think he'd have been on the radar.

Yip. And given he had a wee go at half time trying to get a reaction from our support on the way back from the food stall, you'd think he'd have been on the radar.
Pretty sure he was singing Rangers songs on his way back. I went to the terracing for the 2nd half and noticed he was in with the young team getting on ok with them. Didnt take much for him to kick off though after he got called a ***.

Surprised to see people questioning the penalty decision.
The people round me saw it as a stonewaller.  It looked like a moment of madness as Doyle swatted it with his arm.
No danger can Doyle most his arm there. It bounced up from his thigh. Awful decision.

7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
12 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:
Surprised to see people questioning the penalty decision.
The people round me saw it as a stonewaller.  It looked like a moment of madness as Doyle swatted it with his arm.

No danger can Doyle most his arm there. It bounced up from his thigh. Awful decision.

Sounds like I need to see it again.

Honestly though, I thought 'penalty' even before it was given.  The guys with me saw it the same way.  We were actually having a laugh over Doyle's protests.

Sounds like I need to see it again.
Honestly though, I thought 'penalty' even before it was given.  The guys with me saw it the same way.
If he's moved his hand towards the ball then I've missed it from my angle. I'm sure the highlights will clear it up.

Penalty looked harsh to me but I didnt have a great angle on it. Doyle himself was adamant he could do nothing about it.

Odd game. 4-0 going on 6 or 7 at half time. Dobbie missed a sitter before half time to make it 5-0. Second half we appeared to think it was done and didnt have the same intensity. Jacobs error cost a goal then the penalty was possibly harsh. Martin made a good save to prevent it going 4-3 straight away but thereafter the rest of the half was pretty dull up to the last ten. Semple missed an open goal header to put it to bed before Mercer's error made it 4-3. They even had a half chance for an equaliser before the end.

Inevitably people will focus on the second half but again we looked superb at times first half and we are through, which was the point.

Jacobs and Mercer both had poor games so it was no surprise they were involved in the goals we gifted. Dykes, Dobbie and Harkins did Dykes, Dobbie and Harkins stuff. The workrate of big Lyndon is phenomenal.

Moving Todd to a more central role looks like a masterstroke. He has undoubted quality and this role gets him far more involved in the game than when he’s out wide. Stirling looks like a new man. Full of confidence and playing with a swagger. I thought Marshall had a good game. The less said about the rest of the defence the better. Great double save near the start from Martin. I don’t think he can be faulted for any of the goals.

13 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

Jacobs and Mercer both had poor games so it was no surprise they were involved in the goals we gifted. Dykes, Dobbie and Harkins did Dykes, Dobbie and Harkins stuff. The workrate of big Lyndon is phenomenal.

Moving Todd to a more central role looks like a masterstroke. He has undoubted quality and this role gets him far more involved in the game than when he’s out wide. Stirling looks like a new man. Full of confidence and playing with a swagger. I thought Marshall had a good game. The less said about the rest of the defence the better. Great double save near the start from Martin. I don’t think he can be faulted for any of the goals.

This.

I never really thought we were in any danger but Mercers mistake for the 3rd did make it significantly more nervous than it should have been.

I thought the penalty was extremely harsh. Looked like the ball was kicked at Doyle from close range and his hands were by his side.

Archived