Trapdoorwatch 2018-19

26 minutes ago, Aloysius Snuffleupagus said:

Did he not walk out before the semi as well? 

You're quite right though, he should never have been near the place. The Board also can't say that they didn't know what his recruirment plans were, as he made it clear he was going to bring in hidden gems from the Juniors, and they knew exactly what level of the Juniors he was familiar with.

Still, we got away with it! God bless Johnny Harvey!

Think Wishaw are now on to they’re third manager in a year.

On 4/29/2019 at 11:45, Aloysius Snuffleupagus said:

Did he not walk out before the semi as well? 

You're quite right though, he should never have been near the place. The Board also can't say that they didn't know what his recruirment plans were, as he made it clear he was going to bring in hidden gems from the Juniors, and they knew exactly what level of the Juniors he was familiar with.

Still, we got away with it! God bless Johnny Harvey!

Brogan was a disaster at Arbroath in the 90s as well which I think was his last senior gig before his bizarre cameo at Cliftonhill.

Brogan was a disaster at Arbroath in the 90s as well which I think was his last senior gig before his bizarre cameo at Cliftonhill.

It was his last senior gig until taking charge of Lowland League BSC Glasgow. Everything else was various junior clubs (and not any of the bigger names).

I remember he was at Yoker for ages and from memory didn’t do too badly there. But yes not cut out for senior management.

Seems incredible that Rovers have survived when you look at that period. In fairness the root of the issue is those who appointed Brogan and allowed him to assemble a mediocre junior squad in the first place. 

I remember he was at Yoker for ages and from memory didn’t do too badly there. But yes not cut out for senior management.
Seems incredible that Rovers have survived when you look at that period. In fairness the root of the issue is those who appointed Brogan and allowed him to assemble a mediocre junior squad in the first place. 
Think he got back to back promotions

4 hours ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

That's where it gets a bit sketchy. I have spoken to Directors individually and understandbly they completely wash their hands of the decision to appoint Brogan and quickly change the subject. It was a bonkers totally bonkers appointment. The rumour is a 4 man committee was set up to interview candidates amd report back to the full board on their recommendations. Apparently one of the committee took it upon themselves to give Brogan the job ( only 2 were interviewed) . Who it was ? this gets even sketchier. Some say it was an ex team mate of Brogans who promptly resigned a few weeks later others say it was the then chairman who was looking to get some oohs and aahs from the Rovers memories group. Either way the chairman should have taken responsibility by either intervening to stop the appointment or redign when this completely bizarre appointment was not working out. Only at Albion Rovers.

Whoever it was they got away with it just as the club got itself out of jail.