Trapdoorwatch 2018-19

5 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

I wasn't aware that Cove had qualified for the play off yet but Cove fan seems to think different

It'll take a comical collapse from there for them to fail to do so. They've got a 6 point lead over 2nd place Brora with just 3 games left to play.

In fact they can do it tonight should Brora lose and Cove don't, although that's unlikely as Brora are away to Clachnacuddin who sit third bottom with a goal difference of -28.

41 minutes ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

Further to my initial question earlier in the thread, I was told by a Cove fan this morning that the draw for the pyramid playoff sees East Kilbride at home in the first leg (27/04) and Cove at home the following week (04/05). Apparently the draw was done some time ago. 

Would think if the draw was done some time ago it would have been as LL winners v HFL winners rather than named clubs.

10 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

Did EK not win the League a couple of weeks ago?

Think it was the other week Cove have not quite crossed the line yet, you would think in this politically correct age whoever is in charge of doing the draw would not name unconfirmed teams by name & just settle LL team home 1st leg or HFL team home 1st leg as drawn & the dates of ties. Think it was the Scottish cup this year after drawing the original game with Morton we were not included in the next round although we still had the replay to come, unfortunately it turned out mystic meg was right & we were knocked out.

10 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

My yearly post calling for 10th in League 2 to be automatically relegated.

LL and HL winners play off, with winner promoted.

Loser plays 9th in L2, with winner playing L2 next season.

Who exactly are you calling this to? It’s been discussed countless times throughout the thread but thanks for your contribution. 

13 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Cove and Brora both won tonight. Cove have a 6 point lead with 2 games left for both teams. Both teams have the same goal difference as well!

The exclamation mark seems a bit excessive!

6 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

The exclamation mark seems a bit excessive!

It's rare for two teams to have the same goal difference, especially at this time of the season. Brora have scored a single goal more than Cove but Cove have conceded a single goal less.

So worth an exclamation mark I think!

14 hours ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

I might start a yearly post calling for Dunfermline to be automatically relegated.

Why? Why not?

Because you need to finish bottom of the league or lose a relegation playoff to be relegated.

20 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

It'll take a comical collapse from there for them to fail to do so. They've got a 6 point lead over 2nd place Brora with just 3 games left to play.

In fact they can do it tonight should Brora lose and Cove don't, although that's unlikely as Brora are away to Clachnacuddin who sit third bottom with a goal difference of -28.

-28? They're going to have to up their game if they want to challenge Fort William...