• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs

B’jesus great to see the early season offerings in this most amusing of threads. Can’t see past Brora Rangers for Highland League honours this season. Cove not as dominant as last year, and far more HL teams likely to take points from them. Probably East Kilbride in the LL as winners.
Think Clyde could easily fall into the relegation scrap so a Brora v Clyde play-off a treat to look forward to. B’Jesus the Bully Wee will not look forward to that one.

21 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Selkirk. RIP

So bottom of SPFL might get a reprieve?

How would that work? A Lowland League team goes bust, so nobody from the Lowland or Highland League is allowed to be promoted?

8 hours ago, Glenconner said:

Didn't the bottom LL team go defunct a couple of weeks back?

Whats that got to do with this thread?

29 minutes ago, Back Beach said:

B’jesus great to see the early season offerings in this most amusing of threads. Can’t see past Brora Rangers for Highland League honours this season. Cove not as dominant as last year, and far more HL teams likely to take points from them. Probably East Kilbride in the LL as winners.

Strange thing to troll about. 

25 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Ah yer right. Ignore me. Got ma leagues mixed up

What league did you think Selkirk were in?

It's no shock that Albion Rovers are struggling. As far as I'm aware they recruited alot from the juniors, including their manager, so it was always going to be tough for them.  

I can see them going down at this point. Not sure who I'd like to come up. Either Cove because they seem to be a decent club or East Kilbride because that's no another trek of an away day for us!

1 hour ago, Muzza81 said:

What league did you think Selkirk were in?

I just thought the space would have meant no one would go down. Wisnae thinking

It's been confirmed LL will still relegate bottom (now 15th), and also 2nd bottom (now 14th) if the Cove up/Cowdenbeath down scenario occurs.

So there will be an extra team promoted from EOSL/SOSL, or perhaps the relegated side reprieved, with the place being decided by application.

1 hour ago, Chris_the_rover said:

Would that not promote both league champions rather than have a playoff

Playoff will still take place, the vacancy in the league left by Selkirk's departure will be subject to an application of licensed sides. Normally, I'd expect one of the EOS champions that didn't get promoted (assuming the EOS team win the playoff), the SOS champions or the number 15 in the Lowland League (14 in case of the SPFL LL area down / HL champions up scenario) to be elected. 

The SOS champion (if they lose the playoff) could get picked, but if the EOS/SOS playoff is another drubbing of the SOS champions, like last year's 10-0 aggregate victory for Kelty Hearts, I think it's unlikely that they'd be chosen ahead of the 2nd placed team in the EOS championship playoff.

Cove not as dominant as last year, and far more HL teams likely to take points from them.

Cove P9 W9 scored 34 conceded 4

1 hour ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Most concise ‘telt’ of the year :lol:

Genuinely assumed he was trolling as Cove have strengthened their team from last year. I’d be surprised if they are not a league club next season.  Will be great for the HL to get rid of them and allow 5/6/7 teams to compete.

27 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Genuinely assumed he was trolling as Cove have strengthened their team from last year. I’d be surprised if they are not a league club next season.  Will be great for the HL to get rid of them and allow 5/6/7 teams to compete.

Aye but it's still ridiculous clubs can go up but not down from the HFL yet in the LL you can.

On ‎09‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 17:48, Back Beach said:

Cove not as dominant as last year

Aye, but apart from those 9 games, what have they done?

53 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Aye but it's still ridiculous clubs can go up but not down from the HFL yet in the LL you can.

How is it ridiculous though? The two aren’t mutually exclusive and have no real bearing on each other. Ideally everyone would want a pyramid in place that flows through but that will take time.