Trapdoorwatch 2018-19

9 hours ago, JHS rip said:

Part of me hopes not. The thought of Brian Kerr being responsible for us being relegated two seasons running would be pretty hard to take.

Brian Kerr as far as I'm aware is now assistant manager at PartickThistle. He left EK a couple months ago  ?

43 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Brian Kerr as far as I'm aware is now assistant manager at PartickThistle. He left EK a couple months ago  ?

Now this i find hilarious. Not only are they now twice-removed from Kerr, but he's looking likely to take the Maryhill Mankynecks down with Caldwell instead. 

Edited by Officer Barbrady

Part of me hopes not. The thought of Brian Kerr being responsible for us being relegated two seasons running would be pretty hard to take.

Brian Kerr is now indeed Partick Thistle Assistant Manager, so no need to worry about that.

With what I saw of EK, when I was there a few weeks ago, and what I saw of Albion Rovers on Saturday, I know where my money will be going.

2 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

For personal reasons i hope so that way only 1 doon from LL. :thumsup2

Fair bit fitba to be played in the LL yet though.

Am I right in saying no teams will be relegated from LL this season due to Selkirk collapsing. But gauging from the quote above if the HL team where to be promoted and what looks like either AR or us to go down. Does that then mean whitehill welfare will also be relegated? (Last time I checked they where miles off Dalbeattie) 

19 hours ago, Fergie1 said:

Am I right in saying no teams will be relegated from LL this season due to Selkirk collapsing. But gauging from the quote above if the HL team where to be promoted and what looks like either AR or us to go down. Does that then mean whitehill welfare will also be relegated? (Last time I checked they where miles off Dalbeattie) 

5 behind Dalbeattie and the star have 2 games in hand. Doesn't look good for ww as the rules state bottom club relegated despite in my reading that should technically have been Selkirk. 

The way I read it now is ww will be automatically relegated and Dalbeattie will also go to allow a south  based SPFL2 club to go LL should the HFL winners win the play off.

Bottom club from HFL at present doesn't get relegated so would be interesting if an SPFL2 from the north boundary was ever relegated.

Edited by newcastle broon

16 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

HFL champions might have something to say about that statement  ?

I'm not writing off the HFL champions mate, I just haven't physically seen them play. I was referring to the conversation if Albion Rovers met EK.

If the truth be told, I wouldn't  be surprised if Albion managed to get themselves out of the mess and Berwick finished bottom, but time will tell.

2 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

I'm not writing off the HFL champions mate, I just haven't physically seen them play. I was referring to the conversation if Albion Rovers met EK.

If the truth be told, I wouldn't  be surprised if Albion managed to get themselves out of the mess and Berwick finished bottom, but time will tell.

Whoever finishes last, I have a bad feeling they'll go down and never come back up again. Much like how East Stirlingshire has been a mostly anonymous LL club for a while now, I'm fearful the next few teams to be relegated will be lucky to survive.

Edited by DutchBorderer

2 hours ago, DutchBorderer said:

Whoever finishes last, I have a bad feeling they'll go down and never come back up again. Much like how East Stirlingshire has been a mostly anonymous LL club for a while now, I'm fearful the next few teams to be relegated will be lucky to survive.

Do they still get the SPFL parachute payment if they do go down though   ?

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

Do they still get the SPFL parachute payment if they do go down though   ?

That is still the case (perhaps along with some other benefits, I found it interesting how East Stirlingshire received Ladbrokes sponsorship for their first season down). Of course, that payment dries up very soon after, whilst the relegated club needs to finish top of their league, then beat the champion of the other league, and then overcome the bottom SPFL team (who might have their shit together, unlike Rovers/Berwick this season) to claw their way back up the ladder.

Those are some bad odds to me.

24 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

But if they're not strong enough to come back up then by definition the stronger teams will be in the SPFL, which is exactly the point!

The odds appear to be skewed in favour of the SPFL team, but your point stands. Maybe eventually it will be automatic relegation for Club 42.