Trapdoorwatch 2018-19

18 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Don't recall gloating about ordinary fans - just speaking to one fan who thinks it is appropriate to misrepresent me.  Again who elected you spokesman for fans - some fans posting on this thread don't want it a few do.  Most Scottish football fans as far as I am aware have not expressed an opinion on this. 

:lol:

You're a fucking muppet.

Just skimmed the last six pages, which fans are amongst the few on the thread that want it because I cant see any?

I don't know without checking so if I am wrong I apologise. Unlike others I have no problem admitting if I am in error. I would amend my point to refer to previous posters on this site in various threads and on various club websites particularly those of Premier Clubs. I presume you can agree the main point which is that there are some fans of Scottish football clubs who are in favour of Colt clubs in the SPFL?

I guess the question is would the majority of fans opinions matter more than the fans of the majority of clubs?

I can see the fans of the Old Firm, Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts... maybe a few other top flight clubs wanting colt teams and absolutely everyone else being against it. But the total of those clubs fans probably surpasses the total of the rest of the SPFL. So majority of fans of majority of fans as taken on a club by club basis?

10 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I can see the fans of the Old Firm, Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts... maybe a few other top flight clubs wanting colt teams

What do they hope to achieve that they cant by being involved in their own reserve league playing against full time pros, why is playing against part-time teams such an attraction

What do they hope to achieve that they cant by being involved in their own reserve league playing against full time pros, why is playing against part-time teams such an attraction

Well as I understand it one view being put forward is that clubs do not have enough experienced pros that they actually regularly play now in the reserve league (with Saturday 1st team squad of 18 players) and more experienced players have moved away from expecting to play in the 'stiffs'. Thus reserve league to a significant degree remains mainly youth based. Thus they seek a tougher test v adult players at a suitable level. To loan out every youth player to another team to gain experience is logistically problematic and has various downsides for a lending club.

13 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

To loan out every youth player to another team to gain experience is logistically problematic and has various downsides for a lending club.

Go on then, let's hear the various downsides for a full time club who loan out a player, get to keep him training full-time all week and have them gaining this vital first team experience on a Saturday at a lower division?

Go on then, let's hear the various downsides for a full time club who loan out a player, get to keep him training full-time all week and have them gaining this vital first team experience on a Saturday at a lower division?

You do have a comprehension problem don't you - I am talking about lending out more or less an entire youth squad not just a few players or player (singular) as you state. If you can't think of the downsides I'm not here to spoon feed you.

Not even entirely sure of the downsides in that scenario. Full time club lends out, say, 8 or 9 U-23s players to part time club. Player spends half the week training with their own coaches and half the week training with his club. Gets the benefits of full time football but also gets the benefit of 1st team football. Great stuff.

The 8/9 players who have went out are gonna be the ones who might just be out of reach of 1st team football at their own club and the half dozen or so that are left behind are the ones skirting round the edge of the team so can play when called upon. Ye'd imagine the players being loaned out will be about 19-22 years old which means the guys who are coming up to their final year of U-18s football now have a chance to jump up a level to the U23s but, importantly, still have half a dozen more experienced players at that level to help them get into the change of pace and physicality.

I genuinely think the positives to that far outweigh the downsides.

52 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

You do have a comprehension problem don't you - I am talking about lending out more or less an entire youth squad not just a few players or player (singular) as you state. If you can't think of the downsides I'm not here to spoon feed you.

This doesn't need to be this drawn out or difficult. Tell me the various downsides for Celtic loaning out say 18 players to lower Scottish league sides over the course of a season under our current rules.

39 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

This doesn't need to be this drawn out or difficult. Tell me the various downsides for Celtic loaning out say 18 players to lower Scottish league sides over the course of a season under our current rules.

None of them would go to Cowdenbeath?

If only there had been some kind of survey about this that could help us to quantify "some fans", which otherwise we would surely have to assume was about half of fans for some reason.  Oh, wait...

image.thumb.png.40c94b1a859828c7e2f02a283bf332dc.png

http://www.scottishsupporters.net/results-of-supporter-led-consultation-on-colt-team-proposals/

I presume you can agree the main point which is that there are some fans of Scottish football clubs who are in favour of Colt clubs in the SPFL?

Old firm fans who will believe whatever shite the tabloids or the utter cretins in charge of their youth sides tell them is best for their clubs and don’t care for anything beyond that.

Fans of a handful of other clubs who probably don’t care about colt sides but don’t want the old firm getting something they can’t too. Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen type clubs.

Basically nobody that really gives a f**k about the lower leagues and don’t care that part times sides will be having to face their boys teams every other week.

Oh, and the odd club official who will take a few £s more to do anything. Without realising that if every other club gets the same handout you aren’t any better off in real terms.

Old firm fans who will believe whatever shite the tabloids or the utter cretins in charge of their youth sides tell them is best for their clubs and don’t care for anything beyond that.

Fans of a handful of other clubs who probably don’t care about colt sides but don’t want the old firm getting something they can’t too. Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen type clubs.

Basically nobody that really gives a f**k about the lower leagues and don’t care that part times sides will be having to face their boys teams every other week.

Oh, and the odd club official who will take a few £s more to do anything. Without realising that if every other club gets the same handout you aren’t any better off in real terms.

Well yes I am sure there may be some such officials but many I think are like me and don't just let money override doing what might be best for the game.