Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • Div

      Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

      We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs

Recommended Posts

Everyone's favourite nerve-shredder returns for its 5th season... to date Montrose, East Stirlingshire and Cowdenbeath (twice) have finished bottom of the pile, whilst Edinburgh City (twice), East Kilbride and Spartans have topped LL, and Brora, Cove (twice) and Buckie have topped HL.


Albion Rovers currently prop up SPFL2: pointless, goalless, and generally hopeless. Stirling Albion give succour to regular suspects Berwick and Cowden "after a penalty shootout" "after controversial refereeing" beath.

East Kilbride and surprise packet Civil Service Strollers lead the way in LL closely pursued by Spartans, Cumbernuald and promoted Kelty. BSCG are 8th. East Stirlingshire has already slumped into bottom half - some 11pts off the lead.

HL has a familiar appearance with Fraserburgh and Forres making sharp starts.

 

SPFL2

 6   Elgin         P4  7pts

 7   Berwick       P5  6pts

 8   Cowdenbeath   P4  4pts

 9   Stirling Alb. P5  3pts

---------------------------

10   Albion Rov.   P5  0pts

 

 

Lowland League

 1   East Kilbride P7 19pts

---------------------------

 2   Civil Service P7 16pts

 3   Spartans      P6 14pts

 4   Cumbernauld   P6 12pts

 5   Kelty         P6 11pts

 

 

Highland League

 1   Cove          P7 21pts

---------------------------

 2   Brora         P8 21pts

 3   Fraserburgh   P8 18pts

 4   Forres        P7 18pts

 5   Inverurie     P8 16pts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Albion Rovers currently prop up SPFL2: pointless, goalless, and generally hopeless.

Didn't they score three yesterday? They five they lost kinda rendered them irrelevant, but maybe the first sign of life this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Repeat of last season.  The Spartans or East Kilbride versus Cove Rangers  to Play off against Albion Rovers.

Only this time the play-off prize is greater, as any of those three will dump Rovers down in the Lowland League!

The play-off winner this year will never get an easier chance to make the jump up to League football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My mate's an Albion Rovers fan. Last season my team were in the Juniors, and his in League One.

Next season they could be in the same division.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gary Jardine is the manager at Civil Service Strollers. He has already won the Lowland League twice with minimal resources.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scrooge1928 said:

Gary Jardine is the manager at Civil Service Strollers. He has already won the Lowland League twice with minimal resources.

Hope he gets a phone call soon :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Tenkay said:

Repeat of last season.  The Spartans or East Kilbride versus Cove Rangers  to Play off against Albion Rovers.

Only this time the play-off prize is greater, as any of those three will dump Rovers down in the Lowland League!

The play-off winner this year will never get an easier chance to make the jump up to League football.

Long way to go yet. Your club looked dead and buried at this stage during your first SPFL season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rovers have done a huge disservice to the rest of the league by being so uncompetitive (although I doubt you will hear any club complaining). Bottom spot is now assured with the only burning question being - Can Rovers conjure up a team that can win a relegation playoff?

For that to happen we will need change at boatdroom and dugout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/09/2018 at 16:52, Vodka Vic said:

Rovers have done a huge disservice to the rest of the league by being so uncompetitive (although I doubt you will hear any club complaining). Bottom spot is now assured with the only burning question being - Can Rovers conjure up a team that can win a relegation playoff?

For that to happen we will need change at boatdroom and dugout.

The Shire fans will tell you the water’s lovely in the LL. Mind you they’re noticeably grumpier now in their 3rd season :whistle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will East Stirlingshire ever claw their way back? They've hardly been close during the first two seasons down in LL. Hate to think what happens to Rovers if they go down, although I am, of course, counting my blessings for them being stuck in their current state.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Everyone else was waiting on jake starting this thread


Why would I do that when we’ll win the league?


Probably.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Things could change come the Christmas window and doomed clubs suddenly find resources they previously didn’t have to get a few players in. They could easily also do a Cowdenbeath and latterly concentrate on winning a play off game which was the sensible thing to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Things could change come the Christmas window and doomed clubs suddenly find resources they previously didn’t have to get a few players in. They could easily also do a Cowdenbeath and latterly concentrate on winning a play off game which was the sensible thing to do.

The Rovers will need to ask for money rather than presents this year then.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hate to think what happens to Rovers if they go down, although I am, of course, counting my blessings for them being stuck in their current state.


I don’t think relegation to the LL should bring any great feat to Albion Rovers, IF it was to happen.

The parachute payments for the 2 years are a decent amount. Assuming they would be replacing EK then they’d probably have the biggest budget in that league so if they manage themselves properly, would have a decent chance of returning within the 2 seasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

I don’t think relegation to the LL should bring any great feat to Albion Rovers, IF it was to happen.

The parachute payments for the 2 years are a decent amount. Assuming they would be replacing EK then they’d probably have the biggest budget in that league so if they manage themselves properly, would have a decent chance of returning within the 2 seasons.

 

Maybe, maybe not.

Shire was comeptitive the first season but dropped off in the second, with retty dire results in 18/19 so far. The issue is that, even though the parachute payments are somewhat generous for this level, you get two attempts (at best) to crawl back up through the trapdoor. Win your own HL/LL, then beat the champions of the other division, and then beat a League 2 side that has had ample of opportunity to prepare for the matchup; all three of those are tough asks (if not EK going up then perhaps Spartans, who are also tough opposition), let alone having to accomplish all three in a row.

Edinburgh City remains the only team to have managed to squeeze themselves through, via a combo of good organization off the pitch and luck on the pitch in meeting a rotten Shire. If they go down (and it will remain a big if all the way up to the play-offs), Albion Rovers will have it all to do given their own back office being the cause of their decline coupled with the fact that the promoted clubs make L2 stronger and will thus make getting promoted all the more difficult.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

 


I don’t think relegation to the LL should bring any great feat to Albion Rovers, IF it was to happen.

The parachute payments for the 2 years are a decent amount. Assuming they would be replacing EK then they’d probably have the biggest budget in that league so if they manage themselves properly, would have a decent chance of returning within the 2 seasons.

 

Albion Rovers would most certainly not have the biggest budget in the lowland league.

Also remember each season the lowland league will improve now as the dross at the bottom go down to be replaced now with ambitious clubs who have joined the set up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎03‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 10:20, LongTimeLurker said:

Long way to go yet. Your club looked dead and buried at this stage during your first SPFL season.

Aye, only 5 games played.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×