Trapdoorwatch 2018-19

44 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

I feel you've got to fancy Cove to go up this season.

36 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

No, Only brief bits on YouTube.

But I do think that Berwick/Rovers will be heading down.

Cove might no get near Berwick or Rovers though  :o

56 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

Will try and make the Cove home games, still not been to their new ground yet.

Will head along to the final if they make it.  Don't want to give them too much of my money!

5 hours ago, ArabAuslander said:

Will try and make the Cove home games, still not been to their new ground yet.

I feel you've got to fancy Cove to go up this season.

I believe you been absorbing too much of Cove's  P&J  propaganda again, the local paper was just the same last season. Of course they hype up  the local team but that's no reason to believe them.

18 hours ago, AlbionMan said:

I believe you been absorbing too much of Cove's  P&J  propaganda again, the local paper was just the same last season. Of course they hype up  the local team but that's no reason to believe them.

I don't buy the P&J, but I do hope Albion Rovers stay up and finish 9th, would be a shame to see Cliftonhill (another ground I've been wanting to visit) go out the SPFL.

Edited by ArabAuslander

2 hours ago, ArabAuslander said:

I don't buy the P&J, but I do hope Albion Rovers stay up and finish 9th, would be a shame to see Cliftonhill (another ground I've been wanting to visit) go out the SPFL.

You are too late to see it in all its glory or should that be gory, it has been upgraded in the last couple years think they have running water & everything. The high point of a visit always was a visit to the pie hut which was very good unfortunately the local neds burned it down. Joking aside good bunch of supporters through thick & thin but facilities including the pitch a nightmare.

No doubt showing my age here but I'm not a huge fan of modern lower league stadia with their daft commercial names, plastic bucket seats and a general lack of individuality - nobody does quaint like 'Vers, and whilst I'm probably in the minority for me it will be a sad day if they don't manage to avoid the trapdoor.

35 minutes ago, The Spider said:

No doubt showing my age here but I'm not a huge fan of modern lower league stadia with their daft commercial names, plastic bucket seats and a general lack of individuality - nobody does quaint like 'Vers, and whilst I'm probably in the minority for me it will be a sad day if they don't manage to avoid the trapdoor.

You'll end up with someting like that at Lesser.

19 hours ago, ArabAuslander said:

Cliftonhill is great. Terracing along side of pitch. Close to game. Handy pie stall. Bit of a trek to bogs. Pub along the road. Street parking by ground.

Berwick are 5 points behind with 2 games to go, one of which, next week in fact, is against Albion. If they fail to win it's done.

However if they win that it will be very interesting. Last day of the season has Berwick away to Elgin and Albion at home to Annan.

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Berwick are 5 points behind with 2 games to go, one of which, next week in fact, is against Albion. If they fail to win it's done.

However if they win that it will be very interesting. Last day of the season has Berwick away to Elgin and Albion at home to Annan.

If Berwick somehow went against the odds and beat Albion playing Elgin on the last day would probably be the best game to have on the last day against a side with an even worse run than theirs. Then again it would also be a dead rubber for Annan against Rovers as you presume they would rest players ahead of their play off games. Sure it would be academic annyway as I would expect Rovers to take something next Saturday.

I think Berwick are done. They'll draw next week and that will be it.

Berwick are done they chucked it ages ago the players know they'll not be there next season and Harvey has thrown everyone under the bus and lost respect from fans of his own clubs and others, f**k knows how the players themselves actually feel about him. Going by the evidence not very strongly

Doomed

Albion seem to be the opposite, a lot of them probably know there away too but some fighting for the faint chance they have of an SPFL contract and are pulling together and doing it for the management team and the goalie coach who passed away

Albion Rovers will 100% finish 9th