Trapdoorwatch 2018-19

1 things certain Albion or us are going to be playing lowland league next season, fingers crossed Albion don’t have a miracle turn around because 1 things for certain we won’t pick up another point this season (including the 2 games against Albion) 

If Cove come up Berwick should be demoted automatically. Too many Rangers in the SPFL as it is.

2 hours ago, Fergie1 said:

1 things certain Albion or us are going to be playing lowland league next season, fingers crossed Albion don’t have a miracle turn around because 1 things for certain we won’t pick up another point this season (including the 2 games against Albion) 

Calm doon on both fronts. It's plausible that either side could win a playoff. Not many fancied Cowdenbeath in the past couple of seasons. There's also no way you're going to lose every game between now and the end of the season. That just doesn't happen. 

Calm doon on both fronts. It's plausible that either side could win a playoff. Not many fancied Cowdenbeath in the past couple of seasons. There's also no way you're going to lose every game between now and the end of the season. That just doesn't happen. 
We were lucky on both occasions in spite of how funny it was against Cove. They're a decent side. Can see them turning over either Albion Rovers or (hopefully) Berwick. Then you have the small matter that it might be EK...

On the Kelty thread. Apparently he missed their training to train for the tournament as well - could be bs.
Not having read the thread, but I assume he was already committed to that when he took the job and it was all agreed at the time.

8 hours ago, true_rover said:
20 hours ago, Muzza81 said:
On the Kelty thread. Apparently he missed their training to train for the tournament as well - could be bs.

Not having read the thread, but I assume he was already committed to that when he took the job and it was all agreed at the time.

Oh I’d imagine so but it still looks abysmal. It was basically a kick about and he deemed it more important than managing Kelty. No idea what his fee for appearing in it would have been mind you. 

I don’t think it’s the first time he’s done it either. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, JHS rip said:

Trying to think ahead here.If we (ARFC) were to play Cove Rangers in play off final would our game in Aberdeenshire take place midweek or weekend .

I think they are normally a week a part on a Saturday with a draw taking place to determine who plays at home first?  I'm sure last years was midweek/Saturday due to Cove having so many fixtures.

15 minutes ago, JHS rip said:

Trying to think ahead here.If we (ARFC) were to play Cove Rangers in play off final would our game in Aberdeenshire take place midweek or weekend .

11th May at HL club. 18th May at club 42, both Saturdays.

6 minutes ago, DutchBorderer said:

Mantis is working off JHS' assumption of Cove Rangers (which I do think is a fair bet, but that's besides the point).

Exactly. I’m assuming the OP was thinking about travel. If it’s the LL champion (most likely EK) then travel won’t be the issue.

3 hours ago, JHS rip said:

All the League Two play-off games are on Saturdays. HL v LL on 27th April and 4th May, then HL/LL v Club 42 on 11th May and Club 42 v HL/LL on 18th May.

Cove have 12 games left with 12 weeks to go, so there shouldn't be any issue with scheduling like last season. Although, one week is taken up by the League Cup but they have to play 2nd place Brora twice so that could seal the title early.

EK have 9 games remaining but just need 6 wins and a draw.

10 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

I think they are normally a week a part on a Saturday with a draw taking place to determine who plays at home first?  I'm sure last years was midweek/Saturday due to Cove having so many fixtures.

Nah, the 0-0 up there was definitely a Saturday. And club 42 is always away in the first leg.

11 hours ago, JHS rip said:

It wouldnt be in Aberdeenshire(Inverurie),Cove are back in Aberdeen and playing out of their brand new ground this season.

Agree with Pele though it'll be EK your facing if you guys finish bottom.