Trapdoorwatch 2018-19

You weaselled out of the debate using that credence patter the last time. It's not a good look.
It's quite clear I'm paraphrasing, if you want to argue that's not what you're saying then wire in. If you want to pretend you're hurt by being misrepresented and leave the debate then also wire in. 

Hey you don't make the rules. Bluster doesn't change the truth. Using quotation marks makes it quite clear you are paraphrasing according to you! Total BS. It is clear that you don't know how to quote someone accurately at all - about as accurate as any alleged paraphrasing you have conjured up here. Those are the real weasel ways.

7 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Hey you don't make the rules. Bluster doesn't change the truth. Using quotation marks makes it quite clear you are paraphrasing according to you! Total BS. It is clear that you don't know how to quote someone accurately at all - about as accurate as any alleged paraphrasing you have conjured up here. Those are the real weasel ways.

What a giant baby. 

When we played Rangers B in the Challenge Cup this year they played that big diddy who they've got on loan from Roma - who is that benefitting? 

Everyone that turned up, watching that boy attempt to play football must've been fucking hilarious in the flesh.

I've not attended an Irn Bru cup game since the introduction of the colts, if big Sadiq was doing bits uptop though and I had the chance to witness it live the hiatus might come to an end.

22 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Everyone that turned up, watching that boy attempt to play football must've been fucking hilarious in the flesh.

I've not attended an Irn Bru cup game since the introduction of the colts, if big Sadiq was doing bits uptop though and I had the chance to witness it live the hiatus might come to an end.

It was indeed. He must personify some form of tax write-off on Roma's behalf, there's no other explanation.

Yeah but some of us do actually use our brains rather than talk nonsense. It's entirely valid to suggest that colts playing regularly against adult players might well be aided in their development and indeed it is likely they would be - same as they are aided by going out on loan. Certainly I know Rangers and Celtic coaches have both said that their players benefitted from the experience gained in Irn Bru Cup ties hence the reason they think more regular such games against adult teams would be even better. That isn't controversial or fanciful.

Then there is the talk about which teams will make up the colts 4 - well it will surely be the Old Firm and 2 more. The Old Firm clubs have the infrastructure to handle this commitment and are the two clubs keenest on this. The other SPFL clubs I believe range from being interested to not being that bothered but presume Old Firm likely will bring along another two as works better politically in countering the anti-Old Firm stuff

Celtic colts learned so much from getting shagged by Annan that when they were drawn against them the following year they got shagged again.

Let’s ruin the competitive nature of lower league football to allow colt teams in, that are no better than league 2 sides, but might one day develop players good enough to play in the second or third tier. Great plan [emoji106]

Has the reserve league that was spoken of started finished or not got off the ground. The other unfair thing would be if four teams got colt teams in would these be restricted to the development players that started the carry on or players that would have been available for the unrestricted reserve sides. Of course if it came about you would have at least 8 teams denied the opportunity for their teams which hardly seems fair unless we just have ugly sister teams in every league to keep them happy.

15 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Has the reserve league that was spoken of started finished or not got off the ground. The other unfair thing would be if four teams got colt teams in would these be restricted to the development players that started the carry on or players that would have been available for the unrestricted reserve sides. Of course if it came about you would have at least 8 teams denied the opportunity for their teams which hardly seems fair unless we just have ugly sister teams in every league to keep them happy.

The Reserve League has started. I had thought it was an 18 team League playing each other twice. Apparently they're only playing a 17 game season though with cups bumping that up a bit.

Current standings are:

image.png.ba92520ac94e9b731351ca3abf398462.png

Going to guess 3 of those clubs won't be suggested as possible Colt clubs in any of these proposals. Other than Ross County being used to fill in the gaps created in the Highland League.

1 hour ago, Clyde01 said:

Celtic colts learned so much from getting shagged by Annan that when they were drawn against them the following year they got shagged again.

An Annan team half made up of 20-22 yr olds deemed not good enough for Queen of the South. 

"Colt teams" are a misnomer. Good coaches will know fairly early who the real prospects are. The rest are making up the numbers.
This proposal would mean corrupting lower league football for the sake of one or two individuals a year to progress.
Exactly the likes of Andy Robertson, Billy Gilmour, Fraser Hornby wouldn't be anywhere near a Colt side. The Colt sides will be full of players that would normally be put out on loan. At best a few of them each year will progress to play for the first team of their parent club never mind develop into an international player.

Can't think of another situation were the customer/fans keep saying we don't want this but the company/SPFL keep pushing for it.

5 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

He got booked for diving I believe. 

The Reserve League has started. I had thought it was an 18 team League playing each other twice. Apparently they're only playing a 17 game season though with cups bumping that up a bit.
Current standings are:
Going to guess 3 of those clubs won't be suggested as possible Colt clubs in any of these proposals. Other than Ross County being used to fill in the gaps created in the Highland League.
I don't think using the Reserve League is particularly relevant in terms of measuring who would be the "best" Colts teams. The reserve league features a lot of senior pros who would be nowhere near the Colt teams.

5 hours ago, craigkillie said:
9 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:
Current standings are:

I don't think using the Reserve League is particularly relevant in terms of measuring who would be the "best" Colts teams. The reserve league features a lot of senior pros who would be nowhere near the Colt teams.

Rangers team vs. Dundee United

image.png.dfea61f7ab04231424a30fa48da357ef.png

Rangers team vs. Partick Thistle

image.png.c5481d8ad89890746f95aa67348e3491.png

Using them just because they were easy to find. And while there are some senior pros in there, most of the squad seems to be under 21.

Exactly the likes of Andy Robertson, Billy Gilmour, Fraser Hornby wouldn't be anywhere near a Colt side. The Colt sides will be full of players that would normally be put out on loan. At best a few of them each year will progress to play for the first team of their parent club never mind develop into an international player.

Can't think of another situation were the customer/fans keep saying we don't want this but the company/SPFL keep pushing for it.
Given Celtic dumped Robertson at 16, I suspect the Colts is exactly where he would have ended up, rather than progressing through Queens Park, Dundee United and Hull.

Well if they dumped him at 16 I guess it's because they thought he wouldn't make it. Dunno why they would have held onto him for another five years just so he can play against Beith and Montrose
Because the ones they think will make it need players to play in the same team as them

That's one of the arguments against the colts (especially the ugly sisters). That'll stop their rejects from finding other clubs to develop at, either from being punted or loaned out.

3 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Rangers team vs. Dundee United

image.png.dfea61f7ab04231424a30fa48da357ef.png

Rangers team vs. Partick Thistle

image.png.c5481d8ad89890746f95aa67348e3491.png

Using them just because they were easy to find. And while there are some senior pros in there, most of the squad seems to be under 21.

That latter Rangers team has four players who would be absolutely nowhere near their Colts team - two full internationals, an England U19 international and a Nigeria U23 international.

Killie's most recent Reserve League team included Ross Millen, Calum Waters, Iain Wilson and Greg Kiltie, again all of those are first team squad members who would not be playing in a Colts team given the restrictions on movement between the two. Rory McKenzie, Kris Boyd and Jack Byrne have all featured on multiple occasions in the reserves this season too.