Trapdoorwatch 2018-19

B’jesus great to see the early season offerings in this most amusing of threads. Can’t see past Brora Rangers for Highland League honours this season. Cove not as dominant as last year, and far more HL teams likely to take points from them. Probably East Kilbride in the LL as winners.
Think Clyde could easily fall into the relegation scrap so a Brora v Clyde play-off a treat to look forward to. B’Jesus the Bully Wee will not look forward to that one.

29 minutes ago, Back Beach said:

B’jesus great to see the early season offerings in this most amusing of threads. Can’t see past Brora Rangers for Highland League honours this season. Cove not as dominant as last year, and far more HL teams likely to take points from them. Probably East Kilbride in the LL as winners.

Strange thing to troll about. 

It's no shock that Albion Rovers are struggling. As far as I'm aware they recruited alot from the juniors, including their manager, so it was always going to be tough for them.  

I can see them going down at this point. Not sure who I'd like to come up. Either Cove because they seem to be a decent club or East Kilbride because that's no another trek of an away day for us!

It's been confirmed LL will still relegate bottom (now 15th), and also 2nd bottom (now 14th) if the Cove up/Cowdenbeath down scenario occurs.

So there will be an extra team promoted from EOSL/SOSL, or perhaps the relegated side reprieved, with the place being decided by application.

1 hour ago, Chris_the_rover said:

Would that not promote both league champions rather than have a playoff

Playoff will still take place, the vacancy in the league left by Selkirk's departure will be subject to an application of licensed sides. Normally, I'd expect one of the EOS champions that didn't get promoted (assuming the EOS team win the playoff), the SOS champions or the number 15 in the Lowland League (14 in case of the SPFL LL area down / HL champions up scenario) to be elected. 

The SOS champion (if they lose the playoff) could get picked, but if the EOS/SOS playoff is another drubbing of the SOS champions, like last year's 10-0 aggregate victory for Kelty Hearts, I think it's unlikely that they'd be chosen ahead of the 2nd placed team in the EOS championship playoff.

1 hour ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Cove P9 W9 scored 34 conceded 4

Genuinely assumed he was trolling as Cove have strengthened their team from last year. I’d be surprised if they are not a league club next season.  Will be great for the HL to get rid of them and allow 5/6/7 teams to compete.

27 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Genuinely assumed he was trolling as Cove have strengthened their team from last year. I’d be surprised if they are not a league club next season.  Will be great for the HL to get rid of them and allow 5/6/7 teams to compete.

Aye but it's still ridiculous clubs can go up but not down from the HFL yet in the LL you can.

On ‎09‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 17:48, Back Beach said:

Cove not as dominant as last year

1 hour ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Cove P9 W9 scored 34 conceded 4

Aye, but apart from those 9 games, what have they done?

53 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Aye but it's still ridiculous clubs can go up but not down from the HFL yet in the LL you can.

How is it ridiculous though? The two aren’t mutually exclusive and have no real bearing on each other. Ideally everyone would want a pyramid in place that flows through but that will take time. 

36 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

How is it ridiculous though? The two aren’t mutually exclusive and have no real bearing on each other. Ideally everyone would want a pyramid in place that flows through but that will take time. 

I think you've answered yer own question.

Technically bottom club HFL will play level below SPFL2 year in year out yet bottom of  LL potentially can move doon 2 or 3 leagues year in year out now wi the new set up ?

Whole system is a bit lop sided.