Lowland Trapdoorwatch 2018-19

HibeeJibee

3 hours ago, Jason King said:

Not this season, it won the best in Scotland last year but this year its a mess.

3 hours ago, Jason King said:

Not this season, it won the best in Scotland last year but this year its a mess.

Still better than Dalbeattie or whitehill mate

When is the LL AGM?   I'm thinking that if Bonnyrigg can appeal the SFA's decision (and I'm sure they will explore every avenue to do that), then how does that affect the LL's deadline for deciding promotion/relegation for next season, would it be delayed I wonder. 
From the rules, motions had to be in by the end of April. An SGM would be required.

Would be very disappointing if there is no promotion into the LL for next season. Hopefully at the LL AGM Bonnyrigg are admitted to the league. They may not have a licence yet but with floodlights being installed over the summer it's only a matter of time. At the same time everyone knows that 3 current members of the LL are likely to become unlicensed during the season.

The teams at the top of the LL are desperate for automatic promotion to SPFL2 but I can't see that happening until LL contains the majority of the best teams from the East and West.

20 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

At the same time everyone knows that 3 current members of the LL are likely to become unlicensed during the season.

Who is everyone  ? 

How do you know these clubs haven't got plans in place  ? 

1 hour ago, Jack Burton said:

Would be very disappointing if there is no promotion into the LL for next season. Hopefully at the LL AGM Bonnyrigg are admitted to the league. They may not have a licence yet but with floodlights being installed over the summer it's only a matter of time. At the same time everyone knows that 3 current members of the LL are likely to become unlicensed during the season.

The teams at the top of the LL are desperate for automatic promotion to SPFL2 but I can't see that happening until LL contains the majority of the best teams from the East and West.

1. They can’t be admitted at the LL agm, they don’t have a license?

2. The teams won’t become unlicensed, the most likely scenario Is that they will be give a derogation, as current license holders.

If licensed clubs get derogation then surely the likes of Bonnyrigg should too? Considering they only failed on the floodlights. They put their application in before the goal posts were shifted.

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

I think the Bonnyrigg situation has a way to run yet.

The thing is even if the situation works itself out, Bonnyrigg still have to plan for next season, but they will spend most of it not knowing what division.  I have no doubt after their win at Broxburn, they had aspirations in their head of at the very least, having a go of making a challenge for the lowland league. If it drags itself out, it could be the difference between a feasible challenge at the top and probably being part of the furniture in the top half of the league.

17 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

If licensed clubs get derogation then surely the likes of Bonnyrigg should too? Considering they only failed on the floodlights. They put their application in before the goal posts were shifted.

I don’t make the rules, I’m just offering my opinion on what will happen.

37 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

As far as I know, no licensed club has received a derogation so far as the ones without floodlights were last assessed before the rule change came into effect.

It seems the SFA are making a clear difference between current member club and non member clubs.

Member clubs were told at a meeting last month that they will be granted derogation and need to provide a plan to the Licensing committee / board that lays out how they intend to install floodlights and give a timescale for doing so. - if the plan is accepted then the clubs will be given that period of time to install them. 

I think it's fair to say that all club in LL who don't have lights have taken steps to address the issue. 

Also, clubs that currently play in the LL who don't have lights have arrangements with another licensed venue to play any midweek game there - that seems to be the most sensible solution to this entire situation - but a solution the SFA so far haven't explored. 

What's the difference between a club having an 'ad-hoc' agreement to play the odd game at another venue and a club having full time ground share agreement - none IMO. 

Whilst I agree that clubs who applied under the old criteria and are now being marked on the new criteria have all be treated badly (to say the least) I suspect the SFA will just sit tight and do nothing. 

The real issue here is the SFA don't want too many licensed clubs at this level of football in Scotland because it will tip the balance of power - they will have too many teams at tier 5 and 6 and when it comes to the AGM these clubs will have a majority of votes and will be able to take control. 

7 minutes ago, It's Me said:

The real issue here is the SFA don't want too many licensed clubs at this level of football in Scotland because it will tip the balance of power - they will have too many teams at tier 5 and 6 and when it comes to the AGM these clubs will have a majority of votes and will be able to take control. 

There's already more members in tiers 5 and 6 than in the SPFL. 

3 hours ago, Jack Burton said:

Highly doubt they will remove licences from any clubs.  It's Scottish football.   All about protecting current members and making it as hard as possible for the rest.

40 minutes ago, It's Me said:

It seems the SFA are making a clear difference between current member club and non member clubs.

Member clubs were told at a meeting last month that they will be granted derogation and need to provide a plan to the Licensing committee / board that lays out how they intend to install floodlights and give a timescale for doing so. - if the plan is accepted then the clubs will be given that period of time to install them. 

I think it's fair to say that all club in LL who don't have lights have taken steps to address the issue. 

Also, clubs that currently play in the LL who don't have lights have arrangements with another licensed venue to play any midweek game there - that seems to be the most sensible solution to this entire situation - but a solution the SFA so far haven't explored. 

What's the difference between a club having an 'ad-hoc' agreement to play the odd game at another venue and a club having full time ground share agreement - none IMO. 

Whilst I agree that clubs who applied under the old criteria and are now being marked on the new criteria have all be treated badly (to say the least) I suspect the SFA will just sit tight and do nothing. 

It's fair to assume that any competent lawyer could drive a bus right through the middle of all this.