HibeeJibee

Top 5s Watch 2018-19

Yip I've said that all along clubs like ww strollers and vale will have outstayed their welcome.
Clubs like Spartans  Shire the Unis etc won't want the top ex junior sides up their challenging either because they could eventually end up at the trap door as well  ?
So technically i reckon JK is correct turkeys won't vote for Christmas  ?

How many licensed clubs will there be at the end of the season who have a chance?

16 minutes ago, sponsorsladdie said:

How many licensed clubs will there be at the end of the season who have a chance?

Good question not sure myself as new licenses will be issued at end of March I think  ?

I'm sure there were teams named somewhere (might've been pyramid page) that are either very close to or are in process of guaranteeing one  ?

Edited by newcastle broon

15 minutes ago, sponsorsladdie said:

Conference A = ?

Conference B = Bonnyrigg have been long rumoured to be working on it even in their Junior days.

Conference C = Linlithgow are already licenced, Jeanfield have applied.

I would think Hill of Beath wouldn't be far away, its a far better ground than Bonnyrigg and I'm sure they will be well organised on the off the field stuff.

24 minutes ago, gogsy said:

I would think Hill of Beath wouldn't be far away, its a far better ground than Bonnyrigg and I'm sure they will be well organised on the off the field stuff.

How many games have been postponed at Keir Park in the last 5 yrs compared to New Dundas Park?

5 minutes ago, bravehearts dad said:

How many games have been postponed at Keir Park in the last 5 yrs compared to New Dundas Park?

What's that got to do with anything, all i'm saying is that ground and its surrounds compare favourably to Bonnyrigg. Hard standing all he way round the pitch,  cover on three sides of the park, floodlights. They've done that over the years and they haven't had any money from the big Scottish cup unlike some teams.

Edited by gogsy

What's that got to do with anything, all i'm saying is that ground and its surrounds compare favourably to Bonnyrigg. Hard standing all he way round the pitch,  cover on three sides of the park, floodlights. They've done that over the years and they haven't had any money from the big Scottish cup unlike some teams.
Yeah it's good to see a club get there through their own hard work.

Unlike some.

2 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Yeah it's good to see a club get there through their own hard work.

Unlike some.

Indeed.:)

Licenced

• Burntisland Shipyard
  • Coldstream
  • Hawick Royal Albert
  • Linlithgow Rose
  • Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale
  • Preston Athletic

Applications

Working on it

Any others known publicly?

Edited by FairWeatherFan

14 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Licenced

• Burntisland Shipyard
  • Coldstream
  • Hawick Royal Albert
  • Linlithgow Rose
  • Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale
  • Preston Athletic

Applications

Working on it

I know Easthouses, Dunipace, Ormiston & Tweedmouth have all done work. No idea how immediate licensing is on the horizon for any of them however.

I know Easthouses, Dunipace, Ormiston & Tweedmouth have all done work. No idea how immediate licensing is on the horizon for any of them however.
Newtongrange and Musselburgh will have had next to nothing to do to meet the facilities part of the criteria.

Penicuik should have toilets and the ground enclosed soon enough too.

Tynie'ness sounded like he had Bo'ness' application ready before he was undermined in the summer

Newtongrange and Musselburgh will have had next to nothing to do to meet the facilities part of the criteria.

Penicuik should have toilets and the ground enclosed soon enough too.

Tynie'ness sounded like he had Bo'ness' application ready before he was undermined in the summer
Bo'ness don't even have a TV licence.

Tynieness was the main driving force (perhaps only driving force) for the BU licencing application before he left. Since he left I haven't read or heard anything about how or if this issue is progressing.

3 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Newtongrange fundraised the required money for the licence application a back in July and if they've created a separate medical room then their ground should be fine.

Easthouses must be going for theirs soon otherwise they wouldn't have added extra seats?

Surely clubs would be happier with eg Linlithgow and Bonnyrigg both bringing a decent sized away support rather than two men and a dug from Whitehill Welfare?

10 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Surely clubs would be happier with eg Linlithgow and Bonnyrigg both bringing a decent sized away support rather than two men and a dug from Whitehill Welfare?

For me this highlights a major issue - the total lack of support for the product.  There are plenty of people on here with visions of the all powerful Pyramid - unfortunately none of these visions are getting more people through the gates.

30 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

For me this highlights a major issue - the total lack of support for the product.  There are plenty of people on here with visions of the all powerful Pyramid - unfortunately none of these visions are getting more people through the gates.

How many fans should every team be getting through the gate?

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

The LL had the chance of going protectionist due to the Selkirk situation but opted to potentially relegate 14th and 15th.

I think they do want the best at the top, just a decent structure below for clubs.

Which is where LL2 talk likely stems from. You don't want to drop down from a cohesive format to being fractured in 4 different parts.

49 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Our gates are up slightly. But that is he reality check that we are still non league it was never going to bring more in through the gates. There was 5 million people in the country before we made the switch and there still is so your still taking from the same pot of people.

22 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

How many fans should every team be getting through the gate?

Organised football is a spectator sport, otherwise it's just a glorified kick about played in front of family and friends which a crowd of 40 would suggest. 

Licensing more clubs isn't beneficial if no one then supports the effort of the club.  Licensing should also not be the only criteria for entry to the Scottish Cup - under a certain level (LL/HL for example) teams should be required to qualify. (including my own Club) 

Yes a pyramid is about finding your level -  the move to the EoS has shown me 2 things so far.  A league superbly run and managed but populated largely by teams who are playing at the wrong level.  At least next season we will see progression - but so far it has not been a great watch at times.