Top 5s Watch 2018-19

31 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

We have no dog ,oor dug died. :P

For the record I reckon we have between 10/20 away fans depending where we are but are most loyal.

So between yous Scottish fitba is decided on how many fans go through the gates!

That's just bizarre ,there are many hard working committees who work up and doon the country keeping their clubs alive for the love of the game,some successful some not so but they still shouldn't be punished just because their clubs don't have big supports :blink:

Should Hamilton Academical be in the SPFL  !

If ye can sustain it financially and can compete at whatever level then yer points are invalid. 

Feck knows what all this has to do with the top 5s of the EOSFL as the thread suggests but let's all get back onto yet another pyramid rant !! 

Not knocking the hardworking committee's they are unsung heroes.  My point is the need for realism instead of lets start a team and dilute the pot even further.

Scotland has far to many teams contributing very little in my view.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Auld Heid said:

Not knocking the hardworking committee's they are unsung heroes.  My point is the need for realism instead of lets start a team and dilute the pot even further.

Aye but what your saying is just because clubs have shite supports means they don't deserve to be there  ? 

I gave you Hamilton further up as an example ?

17 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Where do you draw the line? Plenty fans higher up the ladder would possibly hold that view about Linlithgow.

The full point of a pyramid is that you find your level - this appears to be exactly what you're advocating?

Why do dugs always get brought into it when people talk about small crowds? Dunno about anyone else, but dugs are one of the attractions of non-league football for me! Anyway, I don't feel anyone in non-league can really look down on others about crowds; to most football fans we're all in the two-men-and-a-dug category. It's like arguing over who's the tallest pygmy. 

I think we just need to get through this transition season as best we can and see what's next. If we get into the play-offs, those will be cracking games. The EOS Premier will be every bit as good as the East Superleague was, and bringing the WRSJFA into the pyramid could see us in a league in future with the like of Talbot and Pollok. It was reassuring that we got a big crowd for Broxburn recently. And on the Junior pages everyone is worried about crowds there too, this isn't an issue only connected to league re-organisation. 

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 14:50, Cyril said:

So lets say Bonnyrigg win the play off and go up (which they would be big favourites to do) and Whitehill Welfare get reinstated that would leave top 6 being good enough in two of the conferences to create a 16 team premier league?

That's correct, hence why I'm now using that as the plumb line.

Similarly if Whitehill lost-out to "someone else", that "someone else" would almost certainly be top 17 so it'd amount to same thing.

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 15:11, Gimme said:

That's the way I understand it. I'd guess the 2 highest ranked 6th places rather than any kind of play-off.

Correct, it's the highest-placed (measured by points > GD > GF > away GF apparently).

There is only a round-robin for the title. See p2:

https://www.eosfl.com/downloads/eosfl/The-East-of-Scotland-Football-League-Season-2018-19-Fixture-List.pdf

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 15:12, Ginaro said:

In theory yes, although the EOS could go with a 14 team Premier Division (top 5s minus Bonnyrigg) to make sure there's enough numbers left to provide a decent tier 7 setup - depends on how many new clubs join.

It's definitely the top 16, however far down that entails going.

On 11/12/2018 at 08:01, Marshmallo said:

Surely clubs would be happier with eg Linlithgow and Bonnyrigg both bringing a decent sized away support rather than two men and a dug from Whitehill Welfare?

You’ve got it bad mallow you big raging tattie :lol:

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 11:14, newcastle broon said:

Aye but what your saying is just because clubs have shite supports means they don't deserve to be there  ? 

I gave you Hamilton further up as an example ?

Not a case of not deserving to be there.  I just feel small crowds shows a lack of desire for what's being offered. 

• 1 month later...

January is over.

Conference A... Leith's inability to beat the teams below them continues to act like a pair of lead boots on their league position. They fall to 7th in a battle for 5th & 6th places which now takes in Dunbar, Easthouses, Leith and Coldstream.

1   Penicuik       P15  42pts

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2   Hill of Beath  P14  37pts

3   Newtongrange   P17  36pts

4   Musselburgh    P16  35pts
 5   Dunbar         P17  30pts
===================================
 6   Easthouses     P17  25pts          (2nd-best 6th place)
-----------------------------------
 7   Leith          P18  24pts
 8   Coldstream     P14  20pts

Conference B... battle royal now: with only 8pts separating 3rd from 9th, only 3pts separating 3rd from 7th, and only 2pts separating 3rd from 5th & 6th. LTHV have dragged themselves from nowhere into reckoning. Sauchie have sunk.

1   Bonnyrigg      P16  46pts

2   Dundonald      P17  36pts

3   Crossgates     P16  28pts, +21
 4   Bo'ness        P14  28pts, +17

5   Tranent        P13  26pts, +26
 6   Dalkeith       P16  26pts,  +5     (best 6th place)

7   Lothian THV    P16  25pts
 8   Sauchie        P16  24pts
 9   Haddington     P15  20pts

Conference C... more similarity with A here as the top 4 seem pretty assured but the next 4 battle for 1 or 2 places. Blackburn are running out of games, while Heriot-Watt are doing badly for goals. St Andrews coming up the rail.

1   Broxburn       P16  42pts

2   Linlithgow     P15  39pts

3   Jeanfield      P14  36pts

4   Camelon        P14  30pts
 5   Preston        P18  27pts
 6   Blackburn      P20  23pts,  -3     (worst 6th place)
 7   Heriot-W. Uni. P16  23pts,  -6
 8   St Andrews     P16  21pts

Touching upon the titles races: it looks like Penicuik or Hill of Beath in A... Bonnyrigg to throw away in B... and 3-way in C with Broxburn, Linlithgow and Jeanfield unless Camelon can crash in.

Some interesting leagues with little certain (Bonnyrigg top and Tweedmouth bottom of their respective divisions looking the only near certainties). Nice to see IHS get another win today after their first few matches they looked out their depth but fair play they’ve closed the gap in their first season out the amateurs. I think HibeeJibee today was probably the day Blackburn ran out of games they really needed a win with only 4 left.

Considering the imbalance of clubs this season with the conference system (well done EOSFL for looking at the greater good instead of self preservation) there’s some really good battles in all 3 conferences. The race for the title in C is a cracker.

I’m guessing Bonnyrigg look favourite for promotion but no matter who goes up next seasons EOSFL premiers should be a good league. Even if new teams choose to join EOSFL from Juniors or Amateurs the bottom teams should have a more pleasant season next year without playing the top teams in mismatched fixtures.

7 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I don't think there's been anything too specific other than its a round robin between the Conference winners. With the fixture lists out there should be dates for it set aside.

27th April midweek and the 4th may its in the fixture.list 

Any know off hand how many of the potential Conference winners are still involved in the East of Scotland League Cup? Going by the original fixture list dates from the start of the season the final Championship round robin game and the EoS League Cup final are the Saturday/Sunday of the same weekend.

image.png.f8c1f976b0f6d73c7918a6415edc8998.png

Archived