Top 5s Watch 2018-19

16 minutes ago, sponsorsladdie said:

How many licensed clubs will there be at the end of the season who have a chance?

Good question not sure myself as new licenses will be issued at end of March I think  ?

I'm sure there were teams named somewhere (might've been pyramid page) that are either very close to or are in process of guaranteeing one  ?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, sponsorsladdie said:

How many licensed clubs will there be at the end of the season who have a chance?

Conference A = ?

Conference B = Bonnyrigg have been long rumoured to be working on it even in their Junior days.

Conference C = Linlithgow are already licenced, Jeanfield have applied.

What's that got to do with anything, all i'm saying is that ground and its surrounds compare favourably to Bonnyrigg. Hard standing all he way round the pitch,  cover on three sides of the park, floodlights. They've done that over the years and they haven't had any money from the big Scottish cup unlike some teams.
Yeah it's good to see a club get there through their own hard work.

Unlike some.

Licenced

• Burntisland Shipyard
  • Coldstream
  • Hawick Royal Albert
  • Linlithgow Rose
  • Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale
  • Preston Athletic

Applications

Working on it

Any others known publicly?

14 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Licenced

• Burntisland Shipyard
  • Coldstream
  • Hawick Royal Albert
  • Linlithgow Rose
  • Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale
  • Preston Athletic

Applications

Working on it

Any others known publicly?

I know Easthouses, Dunipace, Ormiston & Tweedmouth have all done work. No idea how immediate licensing is on the horizon for any of them however.

I know Easthouses, Dunipace, Ormiston & Tweedmouth have all done work. No idea how immediate licensing is on the horizon for any of them however.
Newtongrange and Musselburgh will have had next to nothing to do to meet the facilities part of the criteria.

Penicuik should have toilets and the ground enclosed soon enough too.

Tynie'ness sounded like he had Bo'ness' application ready before he was undermined in the summer

Newtongrange and Musselburgh will have had next to nothing to do to meet the facilities part of the criteria.

Penicuik should have toilets and the ground enclosed soon enough too.

Tynie'ness sounded like he had Bo'ness' application ready before he was undermined in the summer
Bo'ness don't even have a TV licence.

10 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Surely clubs would be happier with eg Linlithgow and Bonnyrigg both bringing a decent sized away support rather than two men and a dug from Whitehill Welfare?

For me this highlights a major issue - the total lack of support for the product.  There are plenty of people on here with visions of the all powerful Pyramid - unfortunately none of these visions are getting more people through the gates.

30 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

For me this highlights a major issue - the total lack of support for the product.  There are plenty of people on here with visions of the all powerful Pyramid - unfortunately none of these visions are getting more people through the gates.

How many fans should every team be getting through the gate?

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Surely clubs would be happier with eg Linlithgow and Bonnyrigg both bringing a decent sized away support rather than two men and a dug from Whitehill Welfare?

The LL had the chance of going protectionist due to the Selkirk situation but opted to potentially relegate 14th and 15th.

I think they do want the best at the top, just a decent structure below for clubs.

Which is where LL2 talk likely stems from. You don't want to drop down from a cohesive format to being fractured in 4 different parts.

49 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Our gates are up slightly. But that is he reality check that we are still non league it was never going to bring more in through the gates. There was 5 million people in the country before we made the switch and there still is so your still taking from the same pot of people.

22 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

How many fans should every team be getting through the gate?

Organised football is a spectator sport, otherwise it's just a glorified kick about played in front of family and friends which a crowd of 40 would suggest. 

Licensing more clubs isn't beneficial if no one then supports the effort of the club.  Licensing should also not be the only criteria for entry to the Scottish Cup - under a certain level (LL/HL for example) teams should be required to qualify. (including my own Club) 

Yes a pyramid is about finding your level -  the move to the EoS has shown me 2 things so far.  A league superbly run and managed but populated largely by teams who are playing at the wrong level.  At least next season we will see progression - but so far it has not been a great watch at times.

11 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Licensing more clubs isn't beneficial if no one then supports the effort of the club.  Licensing should also not be the only criteria for entry to the Scottish Cup - under a certain level (LL/HL for example) teams should be required to qualify. (including my own Club) 

Couldn't agree less. Scottish Cup should be all in. Every senior team. Spread it out over the season. Would be fucking glorious. Fort William v Celtic, Orkney v Stranraer, Aberdeen v Shetland.. make it happen.

Would help attract crowds to some of the smaller teams (folk might go along to see Whitehill Welfare v Raith, as an example, and entice them to make the trip more regularly) and also, with it being all in like that, there's more chance of a real cup run from a non-league team with a lucky draw. That sorta stuff captures the imagination and gives non-league teams a boost. There'll be the odd pumping here and there but worth it.

20 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Organised football is a spectator sport, otherwise it's just a glorified kick about played in front of family and friends which a crowd of 40 would suggest. 

The Scottish Cup already has preliminary rounds. 

2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

We have no dog ,oor dug died. :P

For the record I reckon we have between 10/20 away fans depending where we are but are most loyal.

1 hour ago, Auld Heid said:

So between yous Scottish fitba is decided on how many fans go through the gates!

That's just bizarre ,there are many hard working committees who work up and doon the country keeping their clubs alive for the love of the game,some successful some not so but they still shouldn't be punished just because their clubs don't have big supports :blink:

Should Hamilton Academical be in the SPFL  !

If ye can sustain it financially and can compete at whatever level then yer points are invalid. 

Feck knows what all this has to do with the top 5s of the EOSFL as the thread suggests but let's all get back onto yet another pyramid rant !! 

1 hour ago, Auld Heid said:

Yes a pyramid is about finding your level -  the move to the EoS has shown me 2 things so far.  A league superbly run and managed but populated largely by teams who are playing at the wrong level.  At least next season we will see progression - but so far it has not been a great watch at times.

I think over time same with lowland league teams as somega eosfl teams have beat them. We beat Gretna.  Lthv beat the colts

Archived