Looking for SFL footballs from 1996 to 2001

Evening, I am after the below SFL footballs from 1996 to 2001. I am offering considerable money  (and more if they're in brand new condition)

If you have one/know somebody who does could you please send me a private inbox message?

Admin: thank you for allowing me to post these requests.

SFL_98_00.png

SFL_00_01.png

Dbkw5bjWkAYd0SQ.jpg

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Define "considerable money".

The exact answer depends on the condition and which ball, but even my lowest offer (for very bad condition) would be more than most people could afford to refuse.

Do you have one and if so, could you send a photo to my inbox? I can then give you a much better answer.

47 minutes ago, oxf77 said:

The exact answer depends on the condition and which ball, but even my lowest offer (for very bad condition) would be more than most people could afford to refuse.

Do you have one and if so, could you send a photo to my inbox? I can then give you a much better answer.

Sorry but I am a bit wary of exchanging PMs on here. 

I was just interested in what the going rate is as I know someone who collects these sorts of things.

21 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

I was just interested in what the going rate is as I know someone who collects these sorts of things.

Show your friend the photos, see if he has them and if he does, let me know and i'll send you my email address or whatever.

The money I offer him (assuming good condition) will be worth his while.

Sound a plan?

On 9/2/2018 at 19:05, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Don't suppose you managed to show your friend the photos?

Remember some of these balls can be worth many thousands. I suggest that anyone willing to sell one of these gets it independently valued before selling them. 

Oxf77  knows they are worth a fortune and "could" be out to fleece folks while making a considerable profit. 

Get yer baws valued first folks. 

19 hours ago, P475 said:

Remember some of these balls can be worth many thousands. I suggest that anyone willing to sell one of these gets it independently valued before selling them. 

Oxf77  knows they are worth a fortune and "could" be out to fleece folks while making a considerable profit. 

Get yer baws valued first folks. 

My genius idea to "fleece" people is to say I'm willing to pay considerable money (and more if brand new)?  :thumsup2

I thought fleecing people meant paying them less? :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, oxf77 said:

My genius idea to "fleece" people is to say I'm willing to pay considerable money (and more if brand new)?  :thumsup2

I thought fleecing people meant paying them less? :rolleyes:

Hence my use of the word "could"  

Id still check its value before considering selling as you  "could"   be out to fleece folks. 

If you're not out to profiteer then why not post the going rate value on these baws? Even back it up by letting folks know where to go and get them valued? Or post a link to a site that gives valuations on such items? 

Bottom line is that folks should check the value of these before considering selling them as we both know that in some cases, these baws can be worth thousands. 

If you are a genuine collector you'd happily pay close to, if not the full going rate but, if you are a ripoff merchant you'll guard the true value in order to fleece the unwary. 

Which category do you fall under?  

14 hours ago, P475 said:

Hence my use of the word "could"  

Id still check its value before considering selling as you  "could"   be out to fleece folks. 

If you're not out to profiteer then why not post the going rate value on these baws? Even back it up by letting folks know where to go and get them valued? Or post a link to a site that gives valuations on such items? 

Bottom line is that folks should check the value of these before considering selling them as we both know that in some cases, these baws can be worth thousands. 

If you are a genuine collector you'd happily pay close to, if not the full going rate but, if you are a ripoff merchant you'll guard the true value in order to fleece the unwary. 

Which category do you fall under?  

I don't post prices on public forums because that's just plain stupid. Would you tell  other prospective-buyers how much you're prepared to pay for a house, so they can offer a little more and outbid you?

Secondly I cannot offer a price unless I can see what I am buying. The condition of these footballs can vary from downright unrecognisable, to mint condition.

10 hours ago, oxf77 said:

I don't post prices on public forums because that's just plain stupid. Would you tell  other prospective-buyers how much you're prepared to pay for a house, so they can offer a little more and outbid you?

Secondly I cannot offer a price unless I can see what I am buying. The condition of these footballs can vary from downright unrecognisable, to mint condition.

What they are worth is irrelevant to what you are prepared to pay.  

If you want them for your own personal collection then you wouldn't mind paying the going rate. If you want them to make a profit then you'd be evasive about their worth. (I'd say you're being evasive here)  

Posting the price of the mint condition version of each ball then, explaining there's a sliding scale depending on condition is hardly going to interfere with what you are prepared to pay, unless you're looking to fleece the unwary of course. 

15 hours ago, P475 said:

What they are worth is irrelevant to what you are prepared to pay.  

If you want them for your own personal collection then you wouldn't mind paying the going rate. If you want them to make a profit then you'd be evasive about their worth. (I'd say you're being evasive here)  

Posting the price of the mint condition version of each ball then, explaining there's a sliding scale depending on condition is hardly going to interfere with what you are prepared to pay, unless you're looking to fleece the unwary of course. 

You didn't answer my Q:

Would you tell  other prospective-buyers how much you're prepared to pay for a house, so they can offer a little more and outbid you?

7 hours ago, oxf77 said:

You didn't answer my Q:

Would you tell  other prospective-buyers how much you're prepared to pay for a house, so they can offer a little more and outbid you?

No 

as you said "that would be stupid" 

but when a house is for sale its market value is published for all to see. 

I've answered your question now you answer mine. 

What is the full market value of each of these baws if in perfect condition? 

5 hours ago, P475 said:

No 

as you said "that would be stupid" 

but when a house is for sale its market value is published for all to see. 

I've answered your question now you answer mine. 

What is the full market value of each of these baws if in perfect condition? 

Isn't the "market value" whatever price myself and the seller agree on?

Archived