Hibs vs Killie

Had the fear after seeing the starting lineup but the team/formation we finished with isn't far off our best team and  it's not a surprise we won it late. I agree with others that a 4-4-2  which allows Maclaren and Kamberi to play up front is a no brainer. Boyle and Horgan running at folk and crossing to those two will create a ridiculous amount of chances. 

Killie played some nice stuff at times. I could see them maybe being in the conversation for top six again, which would be a terrific little achievement.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

I just don't think we can drop Porteous or Efe just now and I would like a look at Hanlon (or even McG) at left back in a four. Could be Stevenson is better but I'm not convinced. 

You were complaining several days ago about all the apparent mistakes Stevenson makes and using that as your argument as to why he shouldn't play for us. But you wouldn't drop Efe?

1 minute ago, BawWatchin said:

You were complaining several days ago about all the apparent mistakes Stevenson makes and using that as your argument as to why he shouldn't play for us. But you wouldn't drop Efe?

Every CB makes mistakes, does the rest of his play balance out the mistakes in Ambrose's case? Yes.  Could he be dropped? Of course. Every player can be benched.  It's not a case of mistakes with Stevenson for me, it's what he brings to the table in general (or doesn't).  Generally you have full backs that are good defensively or good going forward, for me Stevenson is average in both depts. We can carry an average player vs lesser sides but it shows always up eventually.  We've had worse full backs I know, a lot worse, but I'm looking at how a back four would work without the need for another CB to cover Stevenson. Far enough surely. 

Good result for us yesterday. I think it is clear that we are a good team with some real quality, but just need a couple of more games to bed in new players. The key will be Milligan in place of Whittaker and getting Jamie Mac and Flo playing most games together again. Think once those things happen we will be looking good. 

Mallan will win us so many points from his long-range screamers, 7 goals now from outside the box this season and badly missed last year in taking us up to the next level. 

Killie support was superb and think they too are going to be competitive this season. Tricky wingers and Stewart up front looks a good find. Beauty of a strike. 

41 minutes ago, AberdeenHibee said:

Good result for us yesterday. I think it is clear that we are a good team with some real quality, but just need a couple of more games to bed in new players. The key will be Milligan in place of Whittaker and getting Jamie Mac and Flo playing most games together again. Think once those things happen we will be looking good. 

Mallan will win us so many points from his long-range screamers, 7 goals now from outside the box this season and badly missed last year in taking us up to the next level. 

Killie support was superb and think they too are going to be competitive this season. Tricky wingers and Stewart up front looks a good find. Beauty of a strike. 

7 goals all from outside the box is a mental stat. Don’t see why he couldn’t hit maybe 15 goals this season. He’ll improve more as we find a good balance in midfield.

31 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

BBC Sport have the Killie penalty claim in their highlights as well. Both decisions clearly correct. Well done to the ref for having the courage to judge each claim on merit and for not giving in to Seth de Clerc's bully boy tactics.

Run out of greenies but Seth de Clerk made me laugh out loud :thumsup2

9 hours ago, Alan Stubbs said:

BBC Sport have the Killie penalty claim in their highlights as well. Both decisions clearly correct. Well done to the ref for having the courage to judge each claim on merit and for not giving in to Seth de Clerc's bully boy tactics.

You are having a giraffe.

Whilst the Hibs penalty was soft, I've seen them given, so no real complaints about that.

Ambrose's "challenge" on Broadfoot was about as stonewall a penalty as you could get.

I'm a bit disappointed to have taken nothing from the game.  We'll be OK for the rest of the season, Hibs aside, clearly.

11 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

haha.jpg

:lol:

Stills can always be misleading. The next two show the ball coming into Maclaren’s control, with Birk Kodfoot having no idea he’s there. Dirk tries to hoof the ball out and blooters Jamie’s calf instead. Beaton should be knighted for spotting it.

A6C11DEE-3D2D-4050-9EC5-31FE0234D05D.jpeg

72C5EC21-9FD6-417F-9CF2-FA9EDD4F4A91.jpeg

Archived