Motherwell v Heart of Midlothian - 15th September 2018

Having a pathetic away support has really taken the shine off absolutely owning Aberdeen FC for 30 years tbf.

greggy.png

Now, unless I'm mistaken this match thread is for Hearts and Motherwell fans, not for codheids to wave their less than adequate winkies. To business.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

And yet your away support is still pathetic emoji16.png

b9rreGI.png

We've taken 2,700 to Hamilton, 4,700 to Dunfermline (both sold out), and taken about 2,000 to Killie so far this season. All while yet another year of hosing your home crowds is also already in motion.

4U0m6pP.png

I realise there's absolutely zero logic in this whatsoever, but I always feel we perform better when the south stand is rammed with whoever it is. 

Solid chance I'm leaning on good memories rather than bad ones, but that's what I'm sticking to. Really looking forward to this on the whole. Moving to Motherwell in the next few months so spending a bit of time in the morning grafting, aff to the football at 3pm on a Saturday, a good day.

Reckon Djoum will come back in for this one, only played 45 minutes of the last reserve match, probably Maclean that'll drop out which would be harsh, but you have to manage these OAP's carefully.  Think it'll be along the lines of:

Zlamal

Smith  Souttar   Dunne   Garrucio

' King Peter' Haring  Djoum

Lee              Naismith            Mitchell

Ikpeazu

Subs: Doyle, Dikamona, Bozanic, Morrison, Maclean, Wighton, McDonald

That midfield is sexual.

TW's team won't be far off the mark, although I wonder if Lee would be deeper, with Djoum further forward - decent options from the bench as well.

I personally wouldn't put Djoum in yet - I'd reintroduce him gradually from the bench until his form demands a start - the feeling seems to be that he will start tomorrow, though. 

31 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Old Man MacLean scored a hat-trick on his last visit to Fir Park. Scored at Hamilton on the opening day anaw. He must like trips to Lanarkshire. h83zAKO.png

I would imagine that he has scored as many against us in his career as any other team - loves a goal against 'Well. 

I would imagine that he has scored as many against us in his career as any other team - loves a goal against 'Well. 

You’d imagine correctly.

His Hat trick took him to 10 from 18 matches. He’s had 7 from 10 Against Celtic

https://www.transfermarkt.com/steven-maclean/bilanz/spieler/13946

I think the fact that we were a shambles  defensively for about a decade and  nobody really bothered to correct it before Robinson has skewed those stats massively. 

Almost anyone who's played as a striker in Scottish football for 3+ years has an obscenely good scoring record against us.

22 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Reckon Djoum will come back in for this one, only played 45 minutes of the last reserve match, probably Maclean that'll drop out which would be harsh, but you have to manage these OAP's carefully.  Think it'll be along the lines of:

Zlamal

Smith  Souttar   Dunne   Garrucio

' King Peter' Haring  Djoum

Lee              Naismith            Mitchell

Ikpeazu

Subs: Doyle, Dikamona, Bozanic, Morrison, Maclean, Wighton, McDonald

That midfield is sexual.

Lee would be wasted out wide and I doubt he has the pace or trickery for it.  Surely it's an either Lee or Djoum decision ?

Archived