Motherwell v Heart of Midlothian - 15th September 2018

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to see Souttar and Naismith keeping sharp tonight with a clean sheet and a double in a bounce game. Glad our standards are carrying over nationally. Would expect them to make sure it’s the same come Saturday. Apologies in advance to Motherwell.

Granted Albania's attack wasn't up to much, but I thought John Souttar absolutely strolled it at Hampden last night.  Here's hoping he's picked up a wee knock and misses Saturday though...

Still, even if he does play I'd expect Curtis Main to give him more of a game.  It has the potential to be a cracker, this one.  I'd be happy if we managed to get a point. 

Motherwell 1-1 Hearts.  Main & Naismith (pen) to score.

Will Levein be in the dugout for this. Asking for a friend who likes to shout at the speccy c**t

I’d expect so

That certainly was the plan

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45354499

If not your “friend” will have to shout abuse at Fife’s number one Tom Petty lookalike Austin McPhee

See that Allan Campbell limped off after half an hour for the 21’s last night.

Massive blow for us if he is out, imagine we’ll either shift Cadden back inside or bring Grimshaw in. Either way it’d be a big loss, especially as he was just coming back into form the last couple of games.

Aye, big blow if Campbell doesn't make it.  Would imagine if he were to miss out, we'd move Cadden into the midfield three, shift Tait to the right side and go with either ATS or Frear on the left. 

Will be interesting to see if we go down the route of moving Cadden centrally. I’ve always thought that’s his natural position but we’ve struggled to fit him in. You’d think this would be an ideal opportunity to get him in there if Campbell's not fit.

Campbell’s already established himself in that position and the earlier games this season showed that Cadden’s just not really technical enough for the “Billy Davies role” that Bigi’s beginning to make his own.

Agree with everyone, Campbell will be a huge loss. His goal last week was something we’ve seen very little of from our other midfielders under Robinson ie: players arriving late into the box. That was definitely a rehearsed set piece too.

International football can f**k right off.

Bad enough we get our momentum interrupted by this break for two meaningless games after we've picked up sone good results, but it now potentially robs us of a key player.

Hopefully Campbell is okay.

We've pretty much sold out the thousand tickets Motherwell were selling direct to Hearts fans, and everyone I know who is going is just paying at the gate. Reckon we'll have over 3k at this one.

#crowdwank thf.png

51 minutes ago, Elixir said:

We've pretty much sold out the thousand tickets Motherwell were selling direct to Hearts fans, and everyone I know who is going is just paying at the gate. Reckon we'll have over 3k at this one.

#crowdwank thf.png

Hope you all go home disappointed. I will try not to wind you up on the M8 heading eastwards if they happens........

Shows the difference momentum makes. Were you struggling then probably 1000 at best - which by the way is still many multiples of other teams. But an away crowned of circa 3000 would be most welcome. Expect 4000+ home fans - so hopefully 7000+ and a cracking atmosphere. 

This is a great test to see how our season will shape up. If we can get a win then I think we can maintain recent momentum and kick on. Even a draw against a buoyant Hearts side would be on the face of it acceptable. But a emphatic loss would tell us a bottom 6 battle is more likely. 

I am going to go for a Desmond.   

#crowdwank thf.png&key=aebed013187dc5bd0b2af9d6c93a43b1ad50bacb6f862d1a55ca0ad21ddcf0b6

Motherwell is about half an hour drive for you [emoji1]

15 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Hope you all go home disappointed. I will try not to wind you up on the M8 heading eastwards if they happens........

Shows the difference momentum makes. Were you struggling then probably 1000 at best - which by the way is still many multiples of other teams. But an away crowned of circa 3000 would be most welcome. Expect 4000+ home fans - so hopefully 7000+ and a cracking atmosphere. 

This is a great test to see how our season will shape up. If we can get a win then I think we can maintain recent momentum and kick on. Even a draw against a buoyant Hearts side would be on the face of it acceptable. But a emphatic loss would tell us a bottom 6 battle is more likely. 

I am going to go for a Desmond.   

Even if we were to win the game well (lol), I wouldn't read much into it regarding the rest of your season, tbh. I reckon Motherwell, Killie and St Johnstone will all be close to the top six at worst this season.

10 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Motherwell is about half an hour drive for you emoji1.png

One of the many plus points of not coming from a provincial shithole from the north-east of the country, I guess. greggy.png

Archived