Motherwell v Heart of Midlothian - 15th September 2018

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Tynierose said:

Because they live in Motherwell and have to go home?

It was an awful back pass and gave Hearts the goal which meant they could sit in and defend. And to be fair to them they do that very well.  We have little creativity and bugger all goals from midfield. So it was quite comfortable for Hearts in the end. 

At the time it looked a 50/50 challenge, but just our luck that after the challenge the ball breaks to Naismith. Bit like that Hamilton goal when the scorer did not have to move one inch. Thems the breaks. 

Was not impressed by Big Hearts striker. Big bugger right enough but by Christ he fell on his arse constantly when there was no need. 

Gives me a little more hope for the cup game. Yes Tynecastle is a tougher venue but I did not think there was a huge gap between the teams. 

Great Hearts support. Looked more than 2900. Shame a few bust up seats much like the Green Brigade. We will get the money back but grow up. 

Finally to the less than funny poster above. I have lived in Edinburgh for 30 years and know of plenty Motherwell fans that do also. So the joke about the booing was neither factual or in fact remotely funny. But hey ho. 

Those wee dicks breaking seats is embarrassing.  It's not the end of the world and Motherwell will be refunded but there's absolutely no need for it, we've won, just enjoy your day.  Pretty sure the bottom tier was ticketed though so it shouldn't be too hard to identify and punish them.

We rode our luck a bit in the first half and would have been delighted to have gone in to the break at 0-0 never mind about 1 up. Comfortable in the second half for us and could have sealed it if we'd taken our chances.

Uche probably had his poorest game I've seen but wasn't terrible. Said at the time I wish he didn't fall over as much though, this is the first game I've felt he's purposely been falling over looking for the foul, but I've noticed the frustration previously when the foul hasn't been given when he tries to stay on his feet so he can't really win.

Dunne has fit in well at the back and Souttar is basically Iniesta reincarnated as a centre back with his 40 yard passes. Mitchell has a great turn of pace and that bit of skill in the second half was unreal. No one really stood out as poor while no one stood out as being outstanding. 

Disappointing to see the 'young team' broke seats etc as thought they created a bit of atmosphere but shown themselves up for that. The Twitter exchange from Allan Burrows about it is great though (too lazy to copy it in but basically excusing it as over excited celebrations which is overly kind for the idiots that did it).

Another great away day, genuinely not felt this optimism among Hearts supporters since 05/06. 

8 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Imagine coming from Edinburgh and waving a red hand of Ulster flag about and signing about ******s!   :lol:

Risible second rate bigots and scummy c***s.

I was well disposed to Hearts title challenge before these goons turned up and I was suddenly reminded why I've hated Hearts for 30 years.

Can't wait for the wheels to come of their shitefest bid.

Imagine being that f*****g seething.  :)

6 hours ago, Austin McCann said:

Imagine being that f*****g seething.  :)

"shitefest bid" is pretty impressive though.

Rarely if ever used expression prior to today.

Born out of raw seeth.

8 hours ago, GorgieRoad said:

Disappointing to see the 'young team' broke seats etc as thought they created a bit of atmosphere but shown themselves up for that. The Twitter exchange from Allan Burrows about it is great though (too lazy to copy it in but basically excusing it as over excited celebrations which is overly kind for the idiots that did it).

Not excusing the silly buggers, but you can understand why Burrows would be quite diplomatic about the damaged seats. 

300 away punters with no damaged seats, or 3,000 paying punters with 3 or 4 damaged seats, he'll not be too upset about the seats.

11 hours ago, Elixir said:

Re Uche, I thought he held the ball up extremely well again, and obviously he was instrumental for the goal. Only his finishing was poor today.

I can't agree, he put in a shift but I can't think of many times he held the ball up. He got it tight from Motherwells CH all game, quality wise was his worst game for me barring ripping 3/4 well players first half. Finishing was poor and decision making in the box too.

That said his work rate and the way he occupies defenders is instrumental for the way we play.

57 minutes ago, Aylo vanal said:

I can't agree, he put in a shift but I can't think of many times he held the ball up. He got it tight from Motherwells CH all game, quality wise was his worst game for me barring ripping 3/4 well players first half. Finishing was poor and decision making in the box too.

That said his work rate and the way he occupies defenders is instrumental for the way we play.

Also, importantly, killed the keeper

13 hours ago, welldaft said:

It was an awful back pass and gave Hearts the goal which meant they could sit in and defend. And to be fair to them they do that very well.  We have little creativity and bugger all goals from midfield. So it was quite comfortable for Hearts in the end. 

Bingo.

As a lot of us said, something that should have been addressed in the summer. Instead we went about improving 12-18 and have instead actually ended up poorer 1-11 than we were at this stage last season sans Kipre and Moult. 

Cadden at RWB is horrible to watch, absolutely soul destroying for the laddie to get hooked after an hour for the 2nd game running after another insipid display. At some point Robinson’s going to have to take some responsibility and either drop him or move him inside for his own good. The boy has regressed massively and looks utterly bereft of confidence. Incredible that we still have him and Tait playing out of position every week, square pegs in round holes.

In the middle the balance isn’t quite right either. Campbell is another I feel sorry for as I felt he played well but looked uncomfortable in the role he was being asked to play in terms of supporting the strikers. It’s not his game at all and although he got himself into some good positions he rarely done anything with it.

I like Rose but once you go a goal down and are chasing the game he becomes obsolete. Switching him for Gorrin or Turnbull would have been a far better sub for me than bringing off your top scorer for Bowman. Some craft or subtlety was required and we basically chuck on another big man to start pumping high balls towards Hearts 3 giants at the back. Anything we did actually create of note 2nd half came through Bigi, who appears to be the only one in the team with any who can hit a forward pass. 

Up front Main hasn’t scored a league goal from open play since the 6th of February, Bowman has 2 league goals in total so far in 2018- fair to say when Johnson went off my hopes of us scoring a goal went off with him. Still, at least we’ll have big Sammon to come back next week eh?

On a more positive note though, Gillespie does indeed look better than Russell Griffiths so, that’s a big tick for improving 12-18. 

Archived