Ayr vs Falkirk

Shankland vs....?   

90 members have voted

1. 1. Winner.

• Ayr
    • Falkirk

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/09/18 at 07:34

It’s another lottery as to what sort of team we will put out next week.

I’d expect Robson, McKee and Kidd to stay in the team. However with Rudden and Irving due back, it’ll be interesting to see what McKinnon does.

Different teams dependant on starting formation.

Mitchell

Muirhead
Harrison
Brough
Robson

Greenwood
McKee
Irving
Dunne

Petravicious
Rudden

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It’s another lottery as to what sort of team we will put out next week.

I’d expect Robson, McKee and Kidd to stay in the team. However with Rudden and Irving due back, it’ll be interesting to see what McKinnon does.

Different teams dependant on starting formation.

Mitchell

Muirhead

Harrison

Brough

Robson

Greenwood

McKee

Irving

Dunne

Petravicious

Rudden

Like this team but I would maybe replace Petravicious with Mackin.

You good people of Ayr ain’t going to believe your eyes when you see just how bad we are next Saturday.

The players we have who (we need to be) acceptable (some grudgingly) at this level are a couple of keepers, one centre back, two left backs, one young boy loan midfielder, one as yet unproven loan boy striker and Froxy. That’s 8 players covering 6 positions.

Beyond that, you are dipping into the Hartley/SuperMitch bag of waifs and strays, or the likes of Lewis Kidd. It really is slim pickings.

If you haven’t bothered to check them out, the stats for the QotS game are truly special. As things currently stand, we might even be lower half of League 2 standard. It really is that bad.

What Hartley has done over one summer defies belief.

Feels very similar to St Mirren two years ago, absolutely honking prior to January then world beaters thereafter with a new team. Of course that might not happen here. Someone though will drop points against Falkirk no matter how bad they might have been. I have the fear that if it's us it will damage the confidence of the team. So let's not then.

Feels very similar to St Mirren two years ago, absolutely honking prior to January then world beaters thereafter with a new team. Of course that might not happen here. Someone though will drop points against Falkirk no matter how bad they might have been. I have the fear that if it's us it will damage the confidence of the team. So let's not then.

Yeah same here

Although I can’t see Falkirk being as bad as Brechin and doing similar this season we really don’t want to be their first win of the season. That coupled with the result last week would cause our confidence to drop and we need to be going into two tricky away games vs Morton and Alloa on a high.

3 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Like this team but I would maybe replace Petravicious with Mackin.

Struggling to “like”, Dont think we could field as side at the moment that would be truly likeable. That combo of Brough, Muirhead and Harrison gifted the goal on Saturday, and probably should have conceded a similar goal in the first half when the boy headed over with those three watching on like statues.

Add to that a couple of pinball moments in our box, and the defence remains a bit of a mess.

The midfield looks better in terms of drive and creativity, but combat ready it most certainly isn’t. Petra and Rudden......none of us know about Rudden, but unless we have a midefield that want to get involved in providing whatever Petra provides in the way of erratic crosses, then like almost every other Falkirk permutation this season, it will be another “Falkirk Nil” outcome.

Can certainly understand why Lewis (deployed as he was on Saturday), and Haber (uninvolved as he was on Saturday) should both be hooked.

Mackin? I just don’t know. Haber showed on Saturday that just being a big guy lumbering around the box doesn’t mean much if he chooses not to get involved, or makes life as easy for the defenders as he did on Saturday.

8 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Difference being St Mirren brought in a few key players. We need the best part of an entirely new squad. Given the non existent ideal world, then of Hartley’s 16 signings, a dozen of them would be gone tomorrow. Hell, maybe even more.

Struggling to “like”, Dont think we could field as side at the moment that would be truly likeable. That combo of Brough, Muirhead and Harrison gifted the goal on Saturday, and probably should have conceded a similar goal in the first half when the boy headed over with those three watching on like statues.
Add to that a couple of pinball moments in our box, and the defence remains a bit of a mess.
The midfield looks better in terms of drive and creativity, but combat ready it most certainly isn’t. Petra and Rudden......none of us know about Rudden, but unless we have a midefield that want to get involved in providing whatever Petra provides in the way of erratic crosses, then like almost every other Falkirk permutation this season, it will be another “Falkirk Nil” outcome.
Can certainly understand why Lewis (deployed as he was on Saturday), and Haber (uninvolved as he was on Saturday) should both be hooked.
Mackin? I just don’t know. Haber showed on Saturday that just being a big guy lumbering around the box doesn’t mean much if he chooses not to get involved, or makes life as easy for the defenders as he did on Saturday.

Re the goal, the 3 you mentioned picked up their men. It was Haber who let his man go for the goal.

1 hour ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

I can't remember that one, did Ayr have Glyn Hurst and Gary Teale at that time.? Ayr were very good for a couple of years and Hurst was one of the best players I've seen at that level 

Is the Kerr playing for Falkirk THE  Mark Kerr? 

I actually thought Hurst had scored a hat trick that day - google tells me he did that in a 5-2 win earlier in season. I was 17 then - for some reason we always used to give Myles Hogarth absolute pelters - can't even rememver if there was a reason for it or not. 

Screenshot_2018-09-10-00-46-10.thumb.png.11bef04ade7e38444fc6217a74e5e471.png

5 minutes ago, Hursty said:

I actually thought Hurst had scored a hat trick that day - google tells me he did that in a 5-2 win earlier in season. I was 17 then - for some reason we always used to give Myles Hogarth absolute pelters - can't even rememver if there was a reason for it or not. 

Yeah Mark Kerr back when he was the hottest prospect on champ manager. That Falkirk team actually looks half decent compared to the current mob

19 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Falkirk are a bunch of top boys. Had Morten fans seething all week and fucking hate the Pars. 

I obviously hope we win this game however if we drop points to kick start Raymond's revolution then I would be ok with it. 

In the same vein i think i speak for all bairns when I say that if Kilmarnock fc were personified in human form , then it would definitely have a face you would never tire of punching

Hard to see us getting anything here. Have to hope rudden hits the ground running. A draw would be a decent result here.

Think we’ll go 4-4-2

Fasan (would prefer mitchell)

Robson
Brough
Harrison
Aero

Dunne
Irvine
McKee
Greenwood

Petravicious/Mackin
Rudden

Looking at that Ayr team, it really wasn’t that great but still nearly won the league.

4 hours ago, Senator Frimpton said:

In the same vein i think i speak for all bairns when I say that if Kilmarnock fc were personified in human form , then it would definitely have a face you would never tire of punching

f**k da pars

we h8 rivals

Archived