Ayr vs Falkirk

Shankland vs....?   

90 members have voted

1. 1. Winner.

• Ayr
    • Falkirk

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/09/18 at 07:34

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Suicide from us first half, gifted Falkirk 2 goals by giving away possession too easy. Second half an inspired Shankland drive us onto a deserved victory. Unfortunately I saw enough in a big, physical Falkirk team that I think McKinnon will turn them round.

So physical that in the space of 15 minutes they manage to bottle a 2 goal lead against a team that’s looked in decline in recent weeks.
Bunch of wasters......

4 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

So physical that in the space of 15 minutes they manage to bottle a 2 goal lead against a team that’s looked in decline in recent weeks.
Bunch of wasters......

One bad performance in our last game before today after umpteen impressive ones, and we were in decline in recent weeks. Quite. 

One bad performance in our last game before today after umpteen impressive ones, and we were in decline in recent weeks. Quite. 

Except that it was a rather embarrassing humping?
I hope you guys do well this season but the reality is that most, particularly the bookies, expect you to be lower half this season, so I take no positives from losing a two goal lead against you.

First half we were dreadful, couldn't seem to pass the ball. Geggan the worst culprit. Credit to Falkirk who pressed us high and gave us limited time and space.

Second half was much improved as we battered Falkirk until we got the third goal. 

Then I'm not sure if Falkirk's subs improved them or if our subs made us worse tbh. We sat too deep at 3-2 and even still missed chances to kill the game. I'm looking at you Robbie Crawford! 

At any rate having been 2 nil down at half time I would have taken any kind of win. A 10 point buffer on the bottom team after 5 games, I'll take it!

Alloa next week which will be a toughie but I think their narrow pitch will actually suit our play so should be a good game.

Last time we scored three in quick succession to come from two goals behind at this level...was probably the last century. Can now see why Falkirk fans are worried. We were dreadful in the first half but once Shankland did his stuff we didn't have to do too much to get in front. One quarter of the way to safety.

Guest Back Post Misses
Last time we scored three in quick succession to come from two goals behind at this level...was probably the last century. Can now see why Falkirk fans are worried. We were dreadful in the first half but once Shankland did his stuff we didn't have to do too much to get in front. One quarter of the way to safety.

I thought Shankland did very little all game TBH. The first was a gift with Irving giving it was. Crawford and Smith for me were your best players

Didn’t think Ayr were that bad in the first half, we were just sitting way to deep (possibly a hangover from the pumping at Dumfries) and conceded 2 desperately poor goals.  What a difference in the 2nd half when we actually got up the park.  The keeper helped us out at the first, but we could have scored 4 or 5 in the end.

Another plastic pitch next week :-(

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

I thought Shankland did very little all game TBH. The first was a gift with Irving giving it was. Crawford and Smith for me were your best players

I agree, but it was him that started the comeback with a classic "I'm going to sort this pish out myself" first goal.

Archived