Ayr vs Falkirk

Shankland vs....?   

90 members have voted

1. 1. Winner.

• Ayr
    • Falkirk

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/09/18 at 07:34

Struggling to “like”, Dont think we could field as side at the moment that would be truly likeable. That combo of Brough, Muirhead and Harrison gifted the goal on Saturday, and probably should have conceded a similar goal in the first half when the boy headed over with those three watching on like statues.
Add to that a couple of pinball moments in our box, and the defence remains a bit of a mess.
The midfield looks better in terms of drive and creativity, but combat ready it most certainly isn’t. Petra and Rudden......none of us know about Rudden, but unless we have a midefield that want to get involved in providing whatever Petra provides in the way of erratic crosses, then like almost every other Falkirk permutation this season, it will be another “Falkirk Nil” outcome.
Can certainly understand why Lewis (deployed as he was on Saturday), and Haber (uninvolved as he was on Saturday) should both be hooked.
Mackin? I just don’t know. Haber showed on Saturday that just being a big guy lumbering around the box doesn’t mean much if he chooses not to get involved, or makes life as easy for the defenders as he did on Saturday.
Like is probably too strong a word, accept or tolerate would have been better.

The only reason I went for Mackin instead of Haber was the shift Haber put in or should I say failed to put in on Saturday I would drop him. Also Mackin looked okay for the reserves last Monday.

Going up to see the reserves today so will see if any of the fringe players merit a chance.

Does anyone know what happened to Greenwood on Saturday.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Feels very similar to St Mirren two years ago, absolutely honking prior to January then world beaters thereafter with a new team. Of course that might not happen here. Someone though will drop points against Falkirk no matter how bad they might have been. I have the fear that if it's us it will damage the confidence of the team. So let's not then.

World beaters?  They were a lot better winning 7 drawing 6 and losing 4 including  draws o the likes of Dumbarton and defeats to Raith but nothing fantastic. Even we beat them and drew with them.

3 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Looking at that Ayr team, it really wasn’t that great but still nearly won the league.

Grady and Lovering would have been in for Bradford and Sharp under normal circumstances, so a front line of Grady, Annand & Teale would have struck fear into most sides at that level at that time and of course Pat McGinlay backing them up in midfield.

10 hours ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

Yeah Mark Kerr back when he was the hottest prospect on champ manager. That Falkirk team actually looks half decent compared to the current mob

I dont know about that. With Rennie , Christie and Denham at the back I'm surprised it was only 6.

4 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Bairney the managers dream team for Saturday on the assumption McGhee is the only player out.
442: Fasan, Kidd, Muirhead, Dallison, Robson, Greenwood, McKee, Irving, Dunne, Haber, Rudden

I thought Brough did okay on saturday. Maybe worth another go at left centreback 

38 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

World beaters?  They were a lot better winning 7 drawing 6 and losing 4 including  draws o the likes of Dumbarton and defeats to Raith but nothing fantastic. Even we beat them and drew with them.

It certainly felt like they were world beaters when they started picking up points, getting level with us and then strolling up the league out of sight!

I actually wish we were in a position where a few additions would see the jigsaw all fall into place.

Unfortunately in our case, Hartley stuck a still from Terminator 2 on the box, then filled the box with pieces from Winnie the Pooh and Trumpton.

It certainly felt like they were world beaters when they started picking up points, getting level with us and then strolling up the league out of sight!

They looked great in the game when they humiliated us on April Fools Day two years ago. Mind you that was probably our worst performance of the season.

46 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

They came equal 9th avoiding relegation on goal difference. Hardly strolling up the league either.

10 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Surely rudden up front? 

as good/bad a call as any, but untill he gives me a reason to get enthusiastic, he'll stay a meh. Done getting worked up over players until i have reason too.

Mitchell
Russell Muirhead brough Robson
Greenwood Irving mckee Dunne
froxy
rudden

with McGhee out id play brough in central defence. haber and Lewis have offered nothing so I'd give rudden a chance
Mackin has scored 4 in last 2 reserve games so I would maybe start him. I would start Mitchell too but he went off with a shoulder injury today and it didn't look good, don't think he will be fit.

Mackin has scored 4 in last 2 reserve games so I would maybe start him. I would start Mitchell too but he went off with a shoulder injury today and it didn't look good, don't think he will be fit.
would be okay with Mackin and rudden sharing the striker role for the 90mins between them. as far as I am concerned whichever striker looks like they are trying hard and testing the goalie at very least will own the jersey.

Archived