Ayr vs Falkirk

Shankland vs....?   

90 members have voted

1. 1. Winner.

• Ayr
    • Falkirk

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/09/18 at 07:34

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Any signs of improvement from your team today or was it much the same.

I feel like there’s a bit of pressure on us this week to win here considering how poor Falkirk have been and to bounce back from our shit show in Dumfries last week.

Really hard to tell TBH.

We dominated the 2nd half in terms of possession but were really up against a pub team! We look like we couldn't score in a barrel of fannies although hopefully Rudden will add something to the attack, despite only being 18.

We're again at a stage where the manager doesn't know his best 11 or formation so I think you should be ok.

Falkirk are a bunch of top boys. Had Morten fans seething all week and fucking hate the Pars. 

I obviously hope we win this game however if we drop points to kick start Raymond's revolution then I would be ok with it. 

Falkirk are a bunch of top boys. Had Morten fans seething all week and fucking hate the Pars. 
I obviously hope we win this game however if we drop points to kick start Raymond's revolution then I would be ok with it. 
I like this guy.

4 2 3 1 or 4 4 2 again. Previously discussed personnel back in the team. I wouldnt neccesarily bet the house on Ayr now. I would have done last week.

To get a point, we will have to score at least twice. To date, we have scored once in four league games (in added time when the game was effectively dead), so we don’t need a miracle as such, but the loan signing of Dobbie would certainly help.

Top tip for Ayr: If you lose possession in our half, there’s no need to rush back (particularly if Paton has the ball). It takes him a wee while to rearrange his body shape in order to make a pass, and that pass will inevitably be sideways.

I don't think I have ever seen us lose at Somerset. I'll do my best to get down there lads.

I’ve actually seen us lose 6-0 on a cold wet midweek evening. Long time ago though.
The way we are playing I wouldn’t rule out a similar humping again...

When I was a wee guy it was Falkirk I was mascot against.  Still got the pound coin from the toss ^_^

Gordon Burns promised (and delivered)  me he would score that day :wub:

13 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Fasan

Muirhead Harrison Brough

Russell Sammut McKee Irving Robson

Froxylias

Rudden

Subs: Dallison, Kidd, Dunne, Greenwood, Lewis, Mackin, Mitchell/Mutch

4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 is the McKinnon formations of choice, I'd like to see the latter to get Froxy involved, don't think we can afford to play him in a midfield 4

13 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I feel like there’s a bit of pressure on us this week to win here considering how poor Falkirk have been and to bounce back from our shit show in Dumfries last week.

A bit early to be classed as the Brechin team of last season and clubs being scared to get beat of us !!!

I think it will take a few games to get the settled 11 and formation he wants till January.

The worrying thought is it took Hartley 10 games to get a win when he took over last year and I'd say with better players. I think Ray obviously isn't going in with an iron fist to wreck players like Hartley did is the hope that we might get a bit of a tune out of these players.

Heart says we could get something, head says 3pts Ayr

A bit early to be classed as the Brechin team of last season and clubs being scared to get beat of us !!!
I think it will take a few games to get the settled 11 and formation he wants till January.
The worrying thought is it took Hartley 10 games to get a win when he took over last year and I'd say with better players. I think Ray obviously isn't going in with an iron fist to wreck players like Hartley did is the hope that we might get a bit of a tune out of these players.
Heart says we could get something, head says 3pts Ayr
Was trying to quote the earlier bit of your post. I am not normally a huge 4 2 3 1 fan, but a 4 man defence is key to mitigating our fragility, 2 protecting it again because of the fragility, and the fact that I reckon the only creativity in our side comes from the likes of Froxy, Irving, Greenwood who can neatly fit into that 3 (and as you rightly point out it may be the only way Froxy can get in) If Rudden is able for that 1 up top role then it seems like a goer.

Sammut as one of the two is more able to go box to box and pick a pass than daftarse Paton so he should be one of the defensive two for me. Then you can take your pick of McKee, Kidd, Paton or possibly even Russell to play beside him. Or dare I say it, Aero?

I'd be tempted to mix it up a bit after the freak result at QotS

Doohan, Geggan, Rose, Adams, Smith, Forrest, Murdoch, Crawford, McDaid, Moffat and Shankland.

The game against Thistle Crawford and Murdoch were top class in center Mid

Two nil Ayr and back to Falkirk wanting to poach McCall.

I'd be tempted to mix it up a bit after the freak result at QotS

Doohan, Geggan, Rose, Adams, Smith, Forrest, Murdoch, Crawford, McDaid, Moffat and Shankland.

The game against Thistle Crawford and Murdoch were top class in center Mid

Two nil Ayr and back to Falkirk wanting to poach McCall.
That Falkirk poaching McCall train has left the station. The Partick train is running late but due to pull into the station soon.

Archived